Razorfish Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
David Paragamian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance, at least in my department (Analytics)" (in 4 reviews)

• "Casual Culture and great people" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is extreme among the teams" (in 3 reviews)

• "During the time I was there, at least, unable to win new business" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I am having fun at Razorfish Health"

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy, the people, and the pace. The environment can feel like a roller-coaster, but I am absolutely loving it. The work can be challenging at times; however, I don't know if I would get this level exposure anywhere else. I also have a great support team.

Cons

Change can be tough but I have a strong manager that is a very good communicator.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Also, training managers in change management to help support others!

2. "Designer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love it here! No matter your level or status in the company, everyone’s thoughts and opinions are encouraged when brainstorming and collaborating. The culture and atmosphere that has been established is so positive and constructive, really feel like I’m appreciated and valued!

Cons

I can’t think of any cons.

Jun 11, 2018 – Managing Director

We are glad to hear that you are off to such a good start and such a good experience here at Razorfish Health. I hope you are feeling the rush that is part of watching this agency grow so... More

3. "NYC office: very nice people"

Pros

French vacay: 15 days vacay + 9 personal days + unlimited sick days + “prelude” day prior to every single public holiday. (But no summer Fridays or Xmas/New Year off).
    Working from home ok.
    Chill, respectful & supportive ambience even when full throttle mid pitch
    Fantastic new creative director

Cons

French payrises: few and far between, a manager needs to go into to bat hard for you
    Process needs some further tightening and enforcing.

Advice to Management

Let the process guru do his nut agency-wide - consistent & clear process helps avoid mistakes & churn. Other than that, a very nice place to work with potential to do great creative under the new guy

"Designer"

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many company events
    Good work life balance

Cons

Hostile Work Environment
    Bad Management
    Company does not have a sense of direction

Jul 26, 2018 – Managing Director

I am sorry that in your brief stay you had a negative experience. I am proud of this agency, our leadership team, and the string of new business wins we have accomplished this year. Your note on... More

"Poor leadership & bad clients"

Former Employee - Creative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Creative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits were decent. Good location in center city Philadelphia.

Cons

Poor leadership across account, PM, and creative. Internal processes are a mess. The work created at Razorfish does not meet industry standards of quality and they don't do enough to change it. This is one reason they don't win new business. They have lost more clients than they have gained in the last few years.

Advice to Management

Management is out of touch with people doing the work. A clear disconnect that hurts the quality of work

Jul 26, 2018 – Managing Director

I am sorry you had such a negative experience during your time at razorfish health. As an agency we have gone thru a major transformation over the past 2 years with the integration of Discovery USA... More

6. "A lot of good things happening"

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

A lot of new business coming in. It's great being a part of the Publicis Health network, too - they really care about professional growth and career development opportunities.

Cons

None I can think of - keep it up!

Jun 11, 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for the post and the shout out to the string of new business. In fact, the 4 pitch wins in a row last month was truly unprecedented. it will require us to stay nimble, enroll everyone in the... More

"It depends."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Publicis benefits are great (unlimited sick, 2-day holiday norm)
    - The people that are good at their jobs, are really good
    - Genuinely good people work here

Cons

- After the merge with Discovery USA, management seemed to lose sight of their employees' value; instead, treat most employees as if they lucky to be employed
    - Transparency is a key value, but they are anything but
    - Integral, long-term, and mostly female employees are fired/pushed out--creating a culture of fear for other females
    - Male leadership dominates the company, creating an unbalance and an office reminiscent of Mad Men culture.
    - Certain employees are protected despite numerous complaints about harassment and inability to effectively do their job
    - Rationale for promotions / lack thereof is never provided
    - Work/life balance is extreme among the teams. Some people frequently work 9-5; others work 9-9. We're paid the same.

Advice to Management

Because of the merge, you're at a turning point where you have the ability to transform the company into something good. Unfortunately, you've been doing anything but and instead creating a highly disheartening work environment with a culture of fear.

When multiple employees tell you the same verbatim: listen; don't write them off and try to push them out. Accept that there are problems and make attempts to fix them.

Jun 11, 2018 – Managing Director

We are truly disappointed that you have a sense of loss post the integration of the two legacy agencies. Change can be difficult and not everyone will agree with the direction of the agency. We... More

"Unclear Vision"

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

Some of the people who started when I did were smart and ready to push a stale and dying agency to the next level.

Cons

There were too many legacy people there who could not think beyond where they were and had been for years and it cost them new business and forced them to merge with other agencies. The writing was on the wall that it was going to happen because those in charge were more interested in the "morale parties" than creating an efficient, robust and innovative agency.

Advice to Management

Change management.

Jun 11, 2018 – Managing Director

We are truly bummed to hear that you had a negative experience here. I sense that you may have felt the turbulence of change, without being here long enough to see the end benefit of that change. You... More

"Philadelphia office is unorganized and people are burning out"

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

Good compensation, benefits, and paid time off. Unlimited sick days are nice and the health insurance is better than my previous companies. Good opportunity for growth, people get promoted all the time.

Cons

When pitches and launches occur, they are disorganized and chaotic. People end up working 80-90 hour weeks and get burned out quickly. This has caused various people to leave now that we're in a new year, which is bringing new jobs to the area.

Top management is all male, there have been previous issues before with women feeling like they had no place in the "boys club" that exists up top. Upper management also doesn't trust those under them and often work circulates around and around, sitting with someone for days when the deadline is quickly approaching. Then they demand changes be made immediately so we're not late. This means mistakes get made and our best work isn't put forward.

Advice to Management

Trust those under you, you hired them for a reason. Hire more staff or you are going to lose people more people. Show your appreciation to those who put in 80 hours in a week.

"Meh"

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

Publicis has great benefits packages and the workspace was cool. Some people are good at what they do and if you’re on the right team, you may learn something.

Cons

Lack of direction and passion from management. Leaders are put in place by the holding company which means there is little awareness for the actual job they’re to perform.
    Many are viewed as a cog in the wheel. Reviews are half-assed and promotions are based on popularity.

Advice to Management

Go beyond delegating and get to know the business as you have it. Be clear about your growth strategy...it’ll make employees feel more confident