Razorfish Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
David Paragamian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • During the time I was there, at least, unable to win new business (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management has no direction and company's goals are constantly changing (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I am having fun at Razorfish Health"

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy, the people, and the pace. The environment can feel like a roller-coaster, but I am absolutely loving it. The work can be challenging at times; however, I don't know if I would get this level exposure anywhere else. I also have a great support team.

Cons

Change can be tough but I have a strong manager that is a very good communicator.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Also, training managers in change management to help support others!

Mar 20, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the pleasant review!

2. "Designer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love it here! No matter your level or status in the company, everyone’s thoughts and opinions are encouraged when brainstorming and collaborating. The culture and atmosphere that has been established is so positive and constructive, really feel like I’m appreciated and valued!

Cons

I can’t think of any cons.

"Unclear Vision"

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

Some of the people who started when I did were smart and ready to push a stale and dying agency to the next level.

Cons

There were too many legacy people there who could not think beyond where they were and had been for years and it cost them new business and forced them to merge with other agencies. The writing was on the wall that it was going to happen because those in charge were more interested in the "morale parties" than creating an efficient, robust and innovative agency.

Advice to Management

Change management.

"Philadelphia office is unorganized and people are burning out"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

Good compensation, benefits, and paid time off. Unlimited sick days are nice and the health insurance is better than my previous companies. Good opportunity for growth, people get promoted all the time.

Cons

When pitches and launches occur, they are disorganized and chaotic. People end up working 80-90 hour weeks and get burned out quickly. This has caused various people to leave now that we're in a new year, which is bringing new jobs to the area.

Top management is all male, there have been previous issues before with women feeling like they had no place in the "boys club" that exists up top. Upper management also doesn't trust those under them and often work circulates around and around, sitting with someone for days when the deadline is quickly approaching. Then they demand changes be made immediately so we're not late. This means mistakes get made and our best work isn't put forward.

Advice to Management

Trust those under you, you hired them for a reason. Hire more staff or you are going to lose people more people. Show your appreciation to those who put in 80 hours in a week.

"Meh"

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

Publicis has great benefits packages and the workspace was cool. Some people are good at what they do and if you’re on the right team, you may learn something.

Cons

Lack of direction and passion from management. Leaders are put in place by the holding company which means there is little awareness for the actual job they’re to perform.
    Many are viewed as a cog in the wheel. Reviews are half-assed and promotions are based on popularity.

Advice to Management

Go beyond delegating and get to know the business as you have it. Be clear about your growth strategy...it’ll make employees feel more confident

"Out-Of-Touch"

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

Generous time off, good health benefits

Cons

Few initiatives for women to become leaders. Old-school advertising treatment of women in the office with little or no action taken by HR. Very poor evaluation / promotion process. Company changes direction every six months.

Advice to Management

Start treating women equally and know that doing this means so much more than just putting women in leadership positions. It means not joking about teams of all women. It means not equating business to dating scenarios that have traditionally given women little or no power. There's no reason employees should have to hear a man in leadership talk about things like "swiping right" coming across too easy on a first date in order to understand an idea.

Mar 20, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

We're sorry that you feel this way, but appreciate you giving an honest review. Given this feedback, we will escalate this message to foster change, because everyone on our team should feel... More

"Razorfish Health is a good, fun, and happy place to work at"

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, fun, and flexible office culture to work at. Create awesome relationship with colleagues, have a colorful and uplifting office space. Flexibility around personal life is awesome - you can work from home, unlimited sick days for Drs appointments, great holiday schedule.
    Philly is also a great location and the office is located at the heart of the city, which is very convenient.
    They care a lot about the Project Management discipline/department.

Cons

Lots of shifts within the agency as a company - not a lot of stability with clients or with job security. A lot of change, all the time. Senior management is a bit male-oriented.
    During the time I was there, at least, unable to win new business.

"A Chance to Create Something Great"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President/Group Creative Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An opportunity to help build something new
    A highly respected brand
    Passionate new blood working with a loyal, committed core
    The resources and reach of Publicis

Cons

The status quo. Some will miss it. In today's media landscape change is constant and accelerating. Embrace it and enjoy the ride.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path to reinvention. Continue to evolve a positioning that your own people embrace passionately. Continue to re-energize your people through transparency and inclusion.

9. "Cool Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool, fun, and laid back people for the most part, Casual dress code. Company lunches, drinks, and outings. Great company to obtain great experience with creative accounts and projects in healthcare industry.

Cons

The role I had wasn't really client facing and didn't really expose me to much growth. I was treated fairly, but there's a lot of politics you would expect at any company this size on particular accounts.

Advice to Management

Work more with your team to help them be productive and effective. Set clear goals and standards. Show that you care about them and their career.

Mar 20, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for this review! We appreciate it.

10. "I love DUSA"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Fun environment and excellent culture.

Cons

Going through a merger so things are a little chaotic right now.