ReachForce Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Bob Riazzi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"QA"

Pros

Great company, great pay, great innovation.

Cons

None. Great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

2. "Very nice Austin company"

I worked at ReachForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very likeable team at every level. The CEO is one of the nicest folks in the business. This is a company where everybody obviously enjoys working with each other.

Cons

Probably a limited upside as far as growth potential, not really a candidate to be bought out

"Numbers don't lie"

I worked at ReachForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- some really genuinely nice people on staff
    - the foundational vision of what they are trying to accomplish was revolutionary in 2013 (when they fell out of the media spotlight/stopped marketing for several years, Google their News), if they can get back on track there may be a place for them in MarTech.
    - work/life office demands ensure that you won't feel that you are neglecting your family

Cons

- Ask them for their year over year sales numbers, SaaS renewal rates, and employee tunrover rates to evaluate your career potential here.
    - Toxic culture, the values they promote are not uniformly enforced to the detriment of morale.
    - Lack of leadership at the executive level ensures that even when challenges directly impacting morale, sales, marketing are identified, they typically are not addressed (as they would be by most engaged executive teams). The words 'accountability' and 'pivot' are not in their vocabulary.

ReachForce Response

Mar 13, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of ReachForce. We couldn’t agree more with the fact that we’ve got really genuinely nice people – talented, too! We’ve recently filled key roles... More

"If only pros could outweigh the cons"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at ReachForce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- some of the best coworkers you could ask for
    - good benefits
    - good work/life balance
    - flexible, family friendly workplace

Cons

- Disorganized, no onboarding, no documentation, no processes, terrible interdepartmental communication
    - The product is inconsistent, and customers are unhappy.
    - morale is terrible
    - I put in my notice and was asked for another week, then let go on the spot the following week. Emotional knee-jerk reaction that hurt the customers in the long run.
    - Management is a mess. Bad apples are not dealt with or given too many chances and it hurts the rest of the organization.

Advice to Management

- Cut the loose fat, everyone is disheartened by the exceptions made for certain employees
    - Work on morale. half the company complains on a regular basis that they are unhappy
    - Start putting customers as more of a priority

ReachForce Response

Mar 14, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. It’s great to hear that our employee benefits and flexible working environment were positive for you, our team put a great deal of time and effort into that... More

"Sr Mgr, Client Success"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at ReachForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growth opportunities. Fun work environment and no politics! What? Tis true, 'tis true. Honest, transparent, family oriented.

Cons

Innovation is slow. Culture is comfortable but a little "sleepy" compared to other places I've worked. That said, I would trade a great culture for the openness and honesty anytime.

"Good company with challenging work"

Current Employee - Dev
    Current Employee - Dev

I have been working at ReachForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Want to grow and see your contributions on the business? Get that here. Company pays well.

Cons

Pressure can be high at times. Resources can be slim at time which forces you to get creative.

"Growing company, great people and exciting products"

I have been working at ReachForce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for growth and career development in every role at the company. Dedicated coworkers who are successful in maintaining balance between focus on results and fun. Really enjoyable work environment. Seasoned leadership team provides coaching/mentoring opportunities for all employees. Employees participate equally in setting quarterly objectives with their manager, providing transparency and data driven feedback channel between employee & manager. Leadership team focused on retaining top talent and committed to engaging employees.

Cons

Ambiguity and resource constraints are inherent qualities of any start-up. If you are not comfortable with, or cannot function successfully in an environment where they are present, this is not the company (or type of company) for you. Be prepared to wear multiple hats, regardless of your title.

Advice to Management

The company should continue to refine and improve it's onboarding process for new employees and provide more access to training for employees at all levels.

"Such nice people, such a misdirected product and crazy executives."

I worked at ReachForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thursday all hands meetings align the company, quarterly kickoffs bring everyone on to the company strategy, attentive HR and good benefits.

Cons

A particular leader is comically terrible to the extent that ReachForce water cooler conversation often and sadly takes the form of "I don't know how that guy even has a job. What does he even do? Isn't his custom house done yet?" When non-performing, non-strategic, lazy people remain and are continuously retained in executive positions, it does not inspire the right kind of work ethic in the rest of the company nor does it show a value to these contributions or respect.

Advice to Management

Lose the dead weight, grow up and act like a software company.

"Good Company for career development and growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at ReachForce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Dedicated coworkers willing to collaborate and work as a team to accomplish goals.
    *Have been given opportunities for career advancement and growth.
    *Flexible work hours and schedule

Cons

*Change is a constant so this would not be a good fit for someone not easily adaptable.
    *Communication from management to the rest of the company could be increased/more consistent

Advice to Management

Continue your focus on improving the remote working experience and increase the level of communication within the organization.

"Solid team, growing company"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Austin, TX

I have been working at ReachForce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is small but growing and gives you the chance to not only make a big difference, but to expand your skill set beyond the skills with which you entered. RF cares about employees and our well-being and quite frankly many in management have made personal sacrifice for the betterment of both the business and employees - not exactly something common nowadays. The company is ripe with opportunity for anyone who can perform. Great team - and fun people to work with.

Cons

Small companies sometimes don't have all of the tools and resources that one would like, and sometimes the teams are understaffed and the workload gets intense. I'd rather have that than the opposite though and not know what impact I have at the business and feel I am just wasting time and not growing.

Advice to Management

Constantly strive for balance. Take more time with hiring new people into our precious family (even though I know we need to hire fast) ...