Reading Horizons Reviews
97% would recommend to a friend
(56 total reviews)
Tyson J. Smith
100% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Reading Horizons? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Reading Horizons employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Amazing Atmosphere and Culture" (in 8 reviews)
- "The people are amazing and passionate about eradicating illiteracy." (in 8 reviews)
- "so 'basic' benefits are available." (in 6 reviews)
- "Everyone's very kind and it's easy to make friends with coworkers." (in 4 reviews)
- "A family and wellness oriented culture with important core values like relationships and integrity" (in 3 reviews)
- "If you are super motivated to cruise up a corporate ladder this wouldn't be a good fit but if you like reliability, good pay and benefits, and willing to put in the time to do things the right way instead of cutting corners then Reading Horizons is Awesome and a great place to work!" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Reading Horizons and is not affected by filters.
Found 56 of over 58 reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Dec 1, 2023Product ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKaysville, UT
Company culture is unmatched. The people are amazing and passionate about eradicating illiteracy. Good benefits for the size of the company.
Medical insurance was expensive and benefits don't kick in until after the first 3 months.
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023Implementation ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsKaysville, UT
Amazing team of coworkers. Quality product
They just had major layoffs and 30% of the company was let go. They did not handle layoffs well.
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023SalesFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsKaysville, UT
Some of the greatest people I have met work at this company. They have an amazing product and the vision is golden.
Somewhat disorganized sales approach. The comp plans changed a lot. Leadership has never sold and doesn't seem to understand the product or sales cycle.
- 5.0Oct 16, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Cares deeply about their people, committed to ongoing improvement.
General growing pains as company expands, but leadership is good and is actively navigating this.
- 5.0Aug 9, 2023Education SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearKaysville, UT
Culture Personal relationships Leadership Co-workers Time off
Slight toxic positivity Growing pains
- 5.0Jul 13, 2023Implementation ManagerCurrent EmployeeKaysville, UT
Genuine friendly and supportive colleagues, CEO cares about the people, we are mission-oriented and we're experiencing growth
Benefits could still use a little improvement.
- 5.0Sep 19, 2022HR SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
The company culture is beyond anything I've ever experienced - genuine respect from the c-team, empowerment to do my job, support and commitment from my supervisor, professional development, opportunity to grow and advance, and the list goes on. What's more is we enjoy all those great perks that were one-off at companies I've been at in the past have culminated in one place, (the ones that most people think are mere fairy tales)- Wellness Days every month, every-other Friday off, on top of 2 weeks of PTO, 11 paid holidays and extended holiday pay in December, plus "Recess", free lunches and snacks. Then there's what we do - work to eradicate illiteracy, by developing curriculum and software to teach people to read (based on the Science of Reading) - what more noble cause can you work for than that?
Not much I can say to the contrary. Other than the building layout is just "different". I kind of feel secluded in my office, but it makes Flow Time (head down, no distractions - which we observe twice a day), that much easier to observe.1
- 5.0Mar 3, 2023HR SpecialistCurrent Employee
The C-Team truly cares and treats everyone as an equal. Our company focus is to eradicate illiteracy, what better cause? Then to be treated with genuine respect and gratitude for doing what I was hired to do, is more than I could have imagined to find in an employer.
Not enough people in the general public know about who we are and what we stand for.
- 3.0Feb 9, 2023AAE PositionFormer Employee, less than 1 yearKaysville, UT
Great product. Great company values. People I believe are genuine.
Took a long time for the sales process to be completed. It was tough to be in an AAE position where traveling is the key to success in the sales position but you weren't allowed to travel. I felt like I had some chains on me in certain ways. Overall would recommend there are up and coming leaders there who I think will do great things.
Reading Horizons Reviews FAQs
Reading Horizons has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 58 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Reading Horizons to a friend and 98% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
97% of Reading Horizons employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Reading Horizons 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.