Redpine Signals Reviews | Glassdoor

Redpine Signals Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

3.3
Redpine Signals CEO Venkat Mattela (no image)
Venkat Mattela
Cons
  1. "Building a collaborative team Environment"

Former Employee - Hardware Engineer

I worked at Redpine Signals full-time

Pros

I joined Redpine in 2013 and worked for 3 years in baseband team under Surya and Logesh. You will be surrounded with smart colleagues, great teams and challenging assignments. It is a great learning experience for freshers. The passion within the individuals drives them to work for long hours. Project managers truly values your inputs and you get the opportunity to learn many things outside your team as well. I am... doing my masters and the concepts that I have learned from Redpine are very useful for my academic projects. My advice for current employees : Don't surround yourself with people who show negative attitude towards wok. That not only effects you directly, but also effects the outcome of the company, which in turn effects you indirectly.

Cons

- If your only motivation to work is to earn money, you may have to discuss about the compensations and perks with some working seniors from your team. - Sometimes,work can take over and have you spending many hours in the office. (This comes under pros for some married people) - Finding a parking slot for my bike was a daily challenge. Keep in mind, if the work experience did not match your expectations, it is... not the end of the world.

Advice to Management

Try to maintain more transparency and try to invest more on good experienced candidates.

Redpine Signals2016-10-28

"If you have job offer from other places then do not go to Redpine"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Redpine Signals full-time

Pros

- If you are a newly graduated student, then Redpine can be a good place to learn new stuff for a short time

Cons

- Salary is low - You have to keep fighting for your rights. They want to hire you with the lowest salary and expect you to work very hard - The group that you are working with might not be competent at all. They do not know the details and do not have a good understanding of the system - Their developed software systems are buggy!

Redpine Signals2017-07-10

"Good team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Redpine Signals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work, nice management & family kind of environment. Redpine is very lucky to have hardworking employees who doesn't spare time for family, friends, personal interests etc...

Cons

No recognition, Demotivating is a type a motivation here.

Redpine Signals2017-04-18
  4. "Excellent work and growth"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Redpine Signals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent work. No limit as to what you can achieve Growth linked directly to performance.

Cons

Startup pace. Need to be ready to work hard.

Advice to Management

Waiting for IPO

Redpine Signals2015-12-22

"Making politics pervasive"

Design Engineer

I worked at Redpine Signals for more than a year

Pros

You get to learn lots of tech stuff and that is the only good part

Cons

Everything. There was no PF! The management was extremely authoritative. You work long hours everyday. Managers have no ethics. Your salary hardly increments. You see politics everywhere. There are hardly any benefits. They don't even give business cards and instead give a long lecture if you ask them for it. Overall, of you want to commit suicide, join Redpine.

Advice to Management

Please treat the employees as employees and not as bonded slaves. They work for the company but it doesn't mean you can build Rome with them in a day. Give proper benefits, which by law are supposed to be given to them.

Redpine Signals2015-06-03
  6. "Environment"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at Redpine Signals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place for freshers to learn.

Cons

Maintaining Work life balance is little bit difficult.

Redpine Signals2019-10-04
  7. "Software engineer"

I worked at Redpine Signals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in redpine in more than 3.5 years, this is best compny for the learning advance technology from the scratch.

Cons

Salary is less as compare to market standard..Work pressure is more.

Advice to Management

Management is not employee friendly.Some improvement is required.

Redpine Signals2019-09-08
  8. "Working @ redpine Inc vlsi team Bluetooth"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at Redpine Signals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hi I worked for asic verification of Bluetooth , SOC of Iot chip. From my experience I could say that it is one of the best companies to learn cutting edge technologies stuff like UVM , amba , SOC work Pros. :. All young employees , work hard working hard culture. Can be recognized easily if you work hard. Can learn all protocols of IOT. Cons : Tight deadlines. Too much of expectations even from a... fresher. No perks for working extra hours. BR, Ex redpine Bluetooth 5.0 verification Engineer. Yes it's me.

Cons

Cannot achieve domain experience. No extra perks for weekend services by vlsi verification team during 2014 -16.

Advice to Management

It will be very good to have some CSR Activities frequently. Provide perks for weekend hours of services by hardware or firmware employees.

Redpine Signals2019-08-22
  9. "Lead Engineer"

Former Employee - Lead Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at Redpine Signals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1.Good Opportunities for learning. 2.Best Company for the freshers. 3. Good Exposure to the Technology. 4. Some really good technical people in the senior management can take as role model

Cons

1.Lot of politics from last one year. 2. Blame others for survival or be the top performer in the team. 3. No Process. 4. Very Bad Mangers for employee discouragement. 5. Some Bad Mangers doesn't allow employees to work freely.

Advice to Management

Seriously Check why good people are leaving. Trust the engineer words not the mangers words.

Redpine Signals2019-09-03
  10. "Senior design engineer"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at Redpine Signals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can see many incompetent people which may increase your confidence levels.

Cons

Work like slave.., every Saturday is working day. Working for 10hours a day is very common. If you need leaves or better hikes it to relieve early, then he asks to post good review in Glassdoor.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees in respectfull way.

Redpine Signals2019-08-30