Rehmann Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Randy Rupp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance/flex schedule is definitely used by many in the firm (in 10 reviews)

• Great people who are always more than willing to help out (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Busy season hours are always challenging (in 6 reviews)

• You are in the wrong career though if you can't handle long hours (in 4 reviews)

1. "manager"

I have been working at Rehmann full-time

Pros

Management does a great job at finding people who mesh well with their culture.

Cons

Charge hours are hard to reach, especially with all of the training.

Advice to Management

Do not know at this time.

2. "Tax Associate"

I have been working at Rehmann full-time

Pros

Flexible hours considering the type of work, good vacation policy

Cons

Compensation lower than similar firms in the area

"Management is lacking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Rehmann (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jeans on Friday. Multiple offices in three states. Nice co-workers

Cons

Managers are promoted without being equipped to handle the supervisory roles (regardless of what Rehmann says they do to support training for managers they do not successfully do this). Pay increase and review process is a joke.

Advice to Management

Communicate! Transparency!

4. "Its not all about the big firms!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Rehmann full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rehmann is a wonderful place to work. Work life balance/flex schedule is definitely used by many in the firm. You get to know so many people throughout the firm, and they are always looking for your feedback and ideas. Employees are encouraged to pursue their goals, and have an open door policy with partners.

Cons

Visibility. The firm is growing each year, and the word is getting out....

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"A Couple Members of Your Team Will Determine Your Environment and Continued Employment"

Current Employee - Assurance Staff in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Assurance Staff in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Rehmann full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is always someone to get help from and answer questions if you need them. There are an impressive number of very smart, capable, and hardworking employees and the overall first impression is very friendly. Rehmann also does a great job of trying to accommodate the needs of employees.

While not Rehmann specific, I LOVED the work I did and every morning was excited to be able to continue my work from the day before.

Cons

The unwritten rule is that asking a question or for help, while you will be helped, your request(s) will be remembered and noted. Depending on the team, they might come back at you tenfold.

The big problem is there is nothing protecting you from senior member or principals. A couple bad apples on a team very easily ruin and control the entire batch.

Interview tip:
    Ask about the turnover on that team and ignore any explanations. Some teams are extremely top heavy because of their supervisor and the members of the team. It's a great environment for them to work in and they are lucky. But other teams might have a senior or two or even a principal who isn't understanding of others and only looking out for their own self interests. In those cases, it's their word against yours, and theirs will always win.

Take my review with a grain of salt. I was terminated unexpectedly and without warning. I was told the reason had nothing to do with my performance/abilities and was based on feedback from a few members of my team. No further reason was provided. As an at-will employee, they are able to terminate you without cause or notice... and they will if they feel like it.

Above all, don't get too comfortable no matter how great everyone seems. Attitudes, circumstances, and motives can change fast.

Advice to Management

Listen to new employees. Let them partake in the senior review starting their first day of employment. You are much more likely to get honest and straightforward reviews from them anyway. More senior members are too engrained in their own security and protecting their own interests to give true and honest feedback.

While this may be an industry wide problem, there is a serious need for there to be a balance of powers to principals and senior members. There are too many ways that a very good employee can be lost (either quitting or being terminated) just because no one has their back.

Apr 26, 2017 – HR Manager

We appreciate your feedback! Included in the six skills on which we evaluate every associate is team development and the ability to coach and mentor others. We factor all of these skills into our... More

"Associate"

I worked at Rehmann full-time

Pros

Good experience if you're just starting out

Cons

Takes years to earn well. Very slow career growth

"Depends on your Coach"

Former Employee - Staff Associate in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Staff Associate in Troy, MI

I worked at Rehmann full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They hire based on personality, which results in a company of a lot of great people that are easy to work with (which is important when working lots of hours). There are some really awesome partners/principles that can make your working experience amazing with their coaching and encouragement.

Somewhat flexible, but it is really dependent on who your direct supervisor is and what they tolerate.

Cons

Inconsistent coaching. There are some really great principles/managers at this firm that really want to coach you and assist in your growth when you are new, and then there are some that don't want to have anything to do with the new associates and resent having to deal with them if they are forced to. If you get one of the later as a coach, then your growth, reviews and pay will be limited...if you get one of the good ones, they will portray you as a golden child if you are at all competent and you will have good opportunities.

Advice to Management

Pick and choose the managers that should coach and those that work best separated from newer associates.

Mar 31, 2017 – HR Generalist

We strive for all of our managers to be skilled and passionate about mentoring our up and coming associates and we have great tools in place with our associate surveys and upward evaluations to share... More

"Intern"

Former Employee - Tax Accountant Intern in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Tax Accountant Intern in Troy, MI

I worked at Rehmann full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good office environment. Business casual dress with various team building activities and events. Good process of client services and intern training.

Cons

Bad feedback on performance from employers. Hire interns for tax season help only. Hire more people than they have space for. Overtime necessary.

Advice to Management

Work on employee feedback and review materials. Be clear about goals and expectations to all employees. Don't require extreme overtime.

Mar 31, 2017 – HR Generalist

We are passionate about continuously improving our interns’ experience at Rehmann, including providing them with valuable feedback as they begin to develop in their careers. As such, we are excited... More

9. "Staff Auditor"

Pros

Communication is very open across the company, which helps accomplish projects and provide customers with great service.

Cons

No significant cons, unless you dislike working 50 hour weeks, which is an average work week. Other than there are no major cons.

10. "Good company"

Pros

Great people and a growing firm

Cons

I can't think of anything.