Rehmann Reviews

Updated Feb 28, 2020

3.2
Rehmann CEO Randy Rupp (no image)
Randy Rupp
Pros
Cons
  • "Busy season is busy, however that's expected at every public accounting firm(in 7 reviews)

• "You are in the wrong career though if you can't handle long hours(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Rehmann full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great company culture, room for growth, flexibility

Cons

Can't think of any at all

Rehmann2020-02-28

March 4, 2020Director of Recruitment

Thank you for taking your time to post a review for us! I see that you are a "former employee". Although I'm sorry to hear that you are no longer with the Firm, we truly appreciate that you continue to be a positive advocate for Rehmann. We wish you tons of success in your current role and the door is always open to return to Rehmann!

"Would not wish this job on even my worst enemy."

1.0

I have been working at Rehmann

Pros

They don’t notice you, so the “flexibility” is great.

Cons

You mean nothing to this company as an individual. Their staff and clients alike are nothing but a number, a stat, not real people. Also, don’t expect to be loyal and get a fair salary. It is bad for their numbers.

Rehmann2020-02-27

March 4, 2020Director of Recruitment

Thank you for the comments. I’m sorry to hear that your experience is not in line with what we foster within the Rehmann culture. We understand the value every single associate brings to the firm, regardless of level or duties. Our associates' feedback is key to our continued success as a firm, so we encourage you to utilize tools like our associate survey and leadership evaluations to provide us with that. Of course, we don't want you to wait to express your concerns until a formal feedback process is happening! We would encourage you to have a face-to-face conversation with a member of our Human Resources team as soon as you are comfortable reaching out to us.

3. "Good"

Current Employee - Assurance Staff in Troy, MI

I have been working at Rehmann full-time for less than a year

Pros

Time off, people, location depends, team

Cons

Communication, hours, driving, mgt, location depends

Rehmann2020-01-06

March 4, 2020Director of Recruitment

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us! In your first year, it appears that you have had several "it depends" experiences. We would welcome your input on what's going well and where we have an opportunity to improve as a firm. Your feedback is invaluable. As you may have seen, we have formal tools like our associate engagement survey and leadership evaluations and we encourage your anonymous participation in those. But we'd also be happy to spend one-on-one time with you to discuss any concerns that you have in person. We're grateful to have you on our team!

"Great Company to work for."

Former Employee - Assurance Staff

I worked at Rehmann full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fair treatment, friendly co-workers, competitive pay

Cons

No cons to speak of about the Company

Rehmann2019-10-30

March 4, 2020Director of Recruitment

Thank you for taking your time to post a review for us! I see that you are a "former employee". Although I'm sorry to hear that you are no longer with the Firm, we truly appreciate that you continue to be a positive advocate for Rehmann. We wish you success in your new role!

5. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Audit Intern

I worked at Rehmann full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work environment, helpful team

Cons

My time there was too short

Rehmann2019-10-16

March 4, 2020Director of Recruitment

We're glad that you enjoyed your time as an Intern at Rehmann! Having our interns join us is one of our favorite times of the year. We love the positive energy and thirst for learning that you bring to the Firm. We hope that you will consider Rehmann in your future career path too!

6. "Great place"

Current Employee - Tax Associate

I have been working at Rehmann full-time

Pros

Great work life balance for a firm of this size.

Cons

None that I can think of

Rehmann2019-09-09

September 10, 2019Director of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are excited that you are on our team ! We strive for all of our associates to have a successful work / home life integration. We're glad to hear that you've found it here at Rehmann.

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Rehmann full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some flexible time during the off season. Plenty of opportunities to network with clients. However, the primary alpha in the client relationship is the PRINCIPAL always! Safe place to work if you comply

Cons

Overworked and under paid. Get in line with everyone else for advancement. 15 to 20 years for non-owner principal. For real???? No real opportunity to shine. Better off networking with clients and get a controller of finance job for twice the pay.

Rehmann2019-08-06

September 4, 2019Director of Recruitment

Thank you for the feedback! You are correct that often a principal is the lead on major clients. We do our best to ensure that every associate takes an active, impactful role on that team regardless of who the lead is, and we will ensure that we continue to monitor this to allow associates those growth opportunities. Rehmann is unique in the way that we do not assign associates to a designated career path with a designated timeline, and so all associates are on a different timeline to reach their goals. This means some folks do take 15-20 years to make it to principal while others may take 10-12. We work with associates individually to establish goals that allow them to advance at a pace that is the best fit for them.

"Below market pay"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Rehmann full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good PTO policies, good coworkers.

Cons

I left for an industry position and make more, while working less hours.

Rehmann2019-05-17

September 4, 2019Director of Recruitment

We appreciate your comments! Opportunities outside of Rehmann may be a better fit for some individuals, and we want those individuals to find that right fit – whether it’s at Rehmann or outside of the firm! We continually benchmark salaries with competitors, with the help of international HR consulting firm Mercer, and evaluate annually how our associates’ salaries compare to benchmarked data. While opportunities do exist outside of Rehmann that pay more and require fewer hours, those career paths, growth opportunities, people culture and benefits might not look the same as they do at Rehmann!

"Great people, easy going atmosphere (for an accounting firm)"

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Rehmann full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is very easy going. They definitely put "work/life balance" at a high priority. Busy season will always include long hours, but that is completely expected. The employees were very nice (for the most part). The company also allows you to have a great amount of flexibility.

Cons

The administrative support is very inadequate. Also, Rehmann is not the fastest moving company... they tend to be a little slow reacting and/or behind the times technically. Not very "forward thinking" and they don't really have deep industry expertise where you would expect a CPA firm this size to have a certain level of expertise. While they are flexible with work/life balance, they are not flexible with adjusting compensation.

Rehmann2019-05-13

September 4, 2019Director of Recruitment

Thank you for the feedback! Flexibility and work/life balance is extremely important to us, and I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of those benefits. We understand how you may feel the firm is under-resourced; it’s a common feeling during the crunch of a public accounting firm’s annual busy season. We have taken several steps over the last few years to look at how we can run more smoothly and efficiently as firm by utilizing different resources – whether different people or different technologies, and we’ll continue to work on this to ensure a better experience for every associate. And you are correct, we certainly do not top the list as the fastest-moving, most innovative firm – it’s a natural result of our regional size. Our priority is more so moving meticulously in the right direction as opposed to moving top-speed in any direction. Associates at all levels are working together as we speak to redevelop strategies internally to ensure Rehmann continues to move on the right path.

"Disappointment with the management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI

I worked at Rehmann full-time for less than a year

Pros

I couldn't find any pros with working for Rehmann other than the paycheck.

Cons

They are obsessed with their clients and they are proud of promoting that. Their employee's worth nothing to the management. The management spoiled their clients to the point that they would complain even about any staff for any reason like they didn't like how you look like or if you have a different culture that they don't prefer to work with; their clients would complain about you for any reason that they want and the management believes them and blame you without investigating . They hire people as managers and they won't let them lead, the leadership is only owned by the principles; the principles don't delegate tasks or what so ever, basically micromanaging old fashion management style. If you don't have dignity, work for Rehmann. The management care first that the clients are happy and they care for clients numbers more than delivering work quality. Rehmann is one of the worst experience ever I had in my career and I wish I can wipe it off my resume and I never worked for them.

Rehmann2019-04-24

September 4, 2019Director of Recruitment

We are sorry you had to go through this experience. You are right that we do value our clients and pride ourselves on the level of service we provided. It is never our intention to prioritize those clients over our own associates, as both are equally important to one another and critical to the success of our firm. We are continually looking at ways to evaluate our leaders and supervisors (leadership/upward evaluations, accountability programs, etc.) in the Firm to ensure they are supporting our associates in a way that they can reach their full potential. We are hopeful that you utilized these value tools/processes to share your feedback or contacted our Human Resources department. This is the only way that we can improve as leaders and as a firm. Our HR team would absolutely welcome you to contact us now even if you are no longer with Rehmann.

Found 72 reviews