RelaDyne Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

RelaDyne Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2019

3.6
RelaDyne CEO Larry J. Stoddard (no image)
Larry J. Stoddard
  1. "Sales"

I worked at RelaDyne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of room for advancement

Cons

None that I can speak of

RelaDyne2019-02-17
  2. "They don’t want you comfortable"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at RelaDyne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of tools in the tool bag.

Cons

Too many tools in the tool bag. They want you to be good at so many different things, you can’t be good at any of them. My branch manager was horrendous. My region sales manager was even worse. He was a stick only type of manager and he used it, threatening to fire sales reps, bragging about getting rid of sales reps. He was braggadocios about taking over a branch and 5 of 6 sales reps leaving within a couple months.... They don’t care about you as a person, your well being, your family, nothing. You are nothing more than a number on a piece of paper, and that number is published every month so you see exactly where you stand. If you drink the kool-aid, and conform to their dictatorial management style and become a yes man, you’ll be fine, otherwise they will force you out. They don’t like to fire you, they will make your work life unbearable till you quit. Absolutely toxic where I was at. Moral across the entire branch could go no lower. My condolences to the companies and employees who have or will get acquired by reladyne, as another post stated, and I can confirm, their motto is “change the people or change the people”...and they do. Of the roughly 20-25 people who worked at my branch when we where acquired by reladyne, only 4 remain after on 4 years. They also don’t want their sales reps to be comfortable. As you build up your territory, they will take accounts away from you so you have to go get more. Constant fear of that next phone call or email from management. It’s probably not this way at all the branches, I’m sure those higher up under upper management have it really good, but my branch was/is under oppressive management. Too many good ‘ol boys running the show and they can do no wrong in each other’s eyes. I made more money than I ever did in my life, but I was miserable. You couldn’t pay me enough to go back!

Advice to Management

As for the reladyne response that’s sure to come...don’t bother. Yes, I’m glad I left, (should’ve done it sooner) and yes, I’m much happier where I’m at. Please, don’t change anything reladyne, keep those stick wielding people in place...the competition loves it.

RelaDyne2019-10-11
  3. "The Good and the Bad"

Former Employee - Fueling Services Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at RelaDyne full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career advancement, great benefits, flexible schedule, and supportive mid-level management.

Cons

Personal/ professional work balance, work loads are not distributed equally amongst associates, and a lack of women in all levels of management.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of the customers.

RelaDyne2019-09-18
  4. "Very Low Morale Workplace"

Former Employee - Operations Trainee

I worked at RelaDyne full-time

Pros

Not bad location for travel.

Cons

Will try to low-ball your salary.

RelaDyne2019-05-14
  5. "RelaDyne review"

Current Employee - ES&H Coordinator

I have been working at RelaDyne full-time

Pros

Growing Rapidly making new positions available

Cons

Outgrowing what we can cover. Same amount of people covering 4x the amount of work

Advice to Management

Don’t make decisions at 30,000 ft

RelaDyne2019-04-19
  6. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at RelaDyne full-time

Pros

Benefits are very good. Management nice.

Cons

Salary is average. Commission structure is weird.

RelaDyne2019-03-26

"Be Careful"

I have been working at RelaDyne full-time

Pros

I've received my year end bonus every single year even if branch doesn't hit budget.

Cons

be careful - overall ratings are skewed with comments in Jan/Feb timeframe coming mostly from Cincy employees. These employees are located in or near corporate.

Advice to Management

I would like our management team to comment on all reviews, beside negative reviews current and former employees write on website.

RelaDyne2018-11-25

RelaDyne Response

December 3, 2018Chief Human Resources Officer

Management regrets that this particular individual has not had the experience at RelaDyne that we hope for all of our associates. We encourage this individual to sit down with their supervisor and branch management to work through any and all issues. It is our desire to treat all of our fellow associates with the utmost in respect, address any and all issues they may have and, most importantly, put each individual in the position to grow both personally and prefessionally.

"right hand sometimes doesnt know what the left is doing."

I have been working at RelaDyne full-time

Pros

Relaxed ,Paid vacation, Most weekends off.

Cons

Did not get to take a regular lunch break. Management, Drama, Long hours, Bait & Switch. Management seemed to enjoy ramping this up. Moral low, Work expectations too high

Advice to Management

Forget the position or title; managers need to create a culture where the best ideas win and where employees with the primary data are tasked with driving the decisions.

RelaDyne2018-11-17

"Stay away from this place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at RelaDyne full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have no pros to list.

Cons

I’ll start with the politics and sexism. You won’t get anywhere nor will your opinion carry any weight if you are a woman in this company. The women who are at RelaDyne are expected to stroke their male counterpart’s egos on a regular basis if they want any sort of standing in the “good ole boys club.” RelaDyne’s “family owned” structure has allowed poor politics to flourish. This place runs solely on family... politics and expects their employees to do the work of 7 people for wages that force most associates to have at least one other job. They don’t communicate necessary information to their employees until an issue arises and expects their warehouse associates to complete their tasks with equipment that is failing 90% of the time. Upper level management being composed of mainly men can’t figure out how to agree on anything therefore creating a work environment where no one knows their true job description or what is expected of them yet is held accountable for metrics they didn’t even know they were being measured on. Gossip runs rampant and the managers pick favorites. I could go on more but you probably get the picture.

Advice to Management

Completely clear out management currently in place. That is the only possible solution to the nightmares of this establishment.

RelaDyne2018-11-02

RelaDyne Response

November 3, 2018Vice President

RelaDyne is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our associate diversity in many key roles across our fine company. We regret the experience this individual had and hope that he or she is able to find a work family that they can be as proud of as we are with ours.

"Only Limited By Your Own Mindset"

I have been working at RelaDyne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Reladyne gives people the opportunity for grown and development that is only limited by your own mind set and self discipline. They will give you any work load or task that you request (within reason). As long as you can manage your time and task correctly, they will help you learn and do as much as possible. Management is not "job scared" because they all believe in and are confident with the future of the... company. This allows them to develop their employees for taking on more responsibility and intern makes the employee more valuable to the company.

Cons

While Reladyne is a great place for motivated and driven individuals, you have to be cautions on what task you ask to take on. If you ask for to much, they will over load you. Like any company there is always someone who would love to push their work load to someone else and not look back. You just really have to show up every day with the mindset on managing your time in the most efficient manner.

Advice to Management

Follow up with employees after you assign new task, to make sure they understand the level of important of each task. Highlight and build a plan that shows employees how to complete tasks in an efficient order. Emphasize the importance of the project and how it lines up with other routine job duties. Explain the deadlines associated with a task on the front end with clearer expectations and goals.

RelaDyne2018-04-06