Reonomy Reviews

Updated Feb 19, 2021

4.2
Reonomy CEO Bill Okun
Bill Okun
Pros
  • "Unlimited PTO, free Spotify, catered lunches, free Citibike(in 6 reviews)

• "The company is growing extremely quickly, so those within subsequently sustain the same growth(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "This comes from the top down, be careful if you’re looking to join the sales team(in 3 reviews)

• "Typical start-up growing pains, i(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"The best place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

In simple terms, this is the place to be. Personally, I've never been happier anywhere else. - This is a well-funded company that is on track for huge growth and for people to grow with it. It's an earlier-stage company but with the work-life balance and benefits of a BigTech company. People are allowed to (and encouraged to) have lives. - The people are incredibly smart and talented, and there are no egos when it comes to managing or working together. Within the engineering team, people are brilliant, helpful, and constructive. You will learn a lot in a short amount of time. - The work is incredibly interesting and rewarding (provided you are at least somewhat curious and interested in commercial real estate), and there are a lot of chances for autonomy (i.e. to work on things you find interesting/challenging). At no point have I ever felt like a cog in a machine. - The company treats its people very well. We have some of the best benefits in the industry (also had in-office perks pre-COVID). When the pandemic began, we had huge support in the shift to remote work. - Worth mentioning that the compensation is very competitive. This company understands how to attract and retain talent

Cons

Nothing I can think of besides the usual pandemic woes (even though this company handled it better than most).

Continue reading
  2. "Caring colleagues and user-centered product development"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Colleagues you can enjoy working with (and laughing with!) - A healthy company culture that values each employee's voice and perspective - Competent and caring managers and management - Product development and design is driven by listening to our customers and their needs - Design is part of the problem-solving conversation from the beginning, not an afterthought - Thoughtful benefits and perks - Collaborative culture between departments

Cons

- Hard to get to know new remote team members, especially during a pandemic

"Smoke & Mirrors"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

They had many very intelligent people with very strong backgrounds. The office was beautiful and the perks were cool. Great food for breakfast and dinner, unlimited PTO was most often real so long as you were performing, and company outings were a good time.

Cons

The experience as a whole was smoke and mirrors. They had many people in leadership positions who lacked experience. There was a lot of office gossip and politics. Do not expect quality training, you are not setup for success, and while I was there our compensation structure changed numerous times. They did not keep their word when it came to pay. They made the commission structure so complicated that it was impossible to identify what you were being paid. They do not promote from within and they restructured the company what seemed to be once every other week.

"Culture matters"

I have been working at Reonomy full-time

Pros

Especially in a place like NYC, there is normally a lot of opportunity in tech to find other / better jobs. Having decent compensation and benefits is just table stakes, but what matters most is the culture of the place. Reonomy really does a great job at trying to support and engage everyone in a fair and empowering way. So you get an interesting and challenging job working with a bunch of talented and genuine people trying to do hard things, do them right, do them fast, and make a big impact.

Cons

Still being a pretty small company, and being far more agile than even lots of other companies of their size or smaller, Reonomy tries to effectively respond to changing business signals and target the best path forward. That can mean a fair bit of priority changing. This is good, but you have to be comfortable with that kind of reality.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great coworkers and very passionate engineers who are always willing to collaborate - Lot of opportunities to learn about CRE and work autonomously - Awesome health benefits - 100% covered

Cons

Changes can occur frequently but that is usual in any start up.

6. COVID-19

"Great product, great people, amazing workplace!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Job specific: - Solid ladder for personal and professional growth. - Independence in execution of work. - Great mentors and managers to look up to for guidance, help or anything else. - You can request trying out tasks from any project that interests you. Company: - Amazing work culture. Simply great people. - Everyone is approachable, including the CEO. Open to answering any and all questions. - Very transparent about the company and its health. - Adapted to Covid really well. They really care about the well being of the employees. - Great perks and benefits: work from home stipend, temporary office space, work equipments, meals (when things get back to normal), unlimited PTO, volunteer days, education stipend, 401k amongst many others. - Team and company bonding events, which are extremely important especially now.

Cons

- You will be expected to learn fast, take ownership and grow in responsibility. This is not cut out for everybody. - No 401k matching. - Not a whole lot here to be honest.

Continue reading

"Great experience & great people"

Former Employee - --- in New York, NY

I worked at Reonomy full-time

Pros

-GREAT people. Coworkers have become great friends. Intellectually curious, intelligent, driven and human -Antiquated space = lots of room for growth in CRE data/tech -High level of autonomy is given when trust is earned -Comp is solid and growth trajectories are an emphasis for leadership -Brilliant data/tech/engineering team building out robust IP -C-suite is honest, welcoming and empathetic

Cons

-Like any remote business, working virtually has been a challenge from a cross-functional alignment perspective -Leadership and guidance through shared objectives at the director+ levels could be improved

8. COVID-19

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great compensation and during non-pandemic times has a fully stocked kitchen and beautiful office. - Excellent company culture, teammates are very intelligent, but humble people who are exceptional collaborators. - Engineering team has multiple well defined levels that make Reonomy a great place for career growth.

Cons

Requires you to get up to speed on the world of commercial real estate if you aren't already

"Exciting place to be with excellent coworkers"

I have been working at Reonomy full-time

Pros

-incredibly smart, dedicated, and collaborative team -lots of responsibility for every employee -great WFH benefits and pretty seamless transition to working remotely - clearly defined company strategy and lots of visibility into how the company is doing -commitment to diversity and inclusion

Cons

-as with most companies right now, getting to know new team members while remote is tough

10. COVID-19

"An incredible place to grow"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a truly "one company" culture. From the moment I joined I was amazed by how much people loved their jobs and showing up to work every day. Every team has people that are A-players and passionate and low ego and there's this contagious, inspiring energy that comes from that and gets you excited about your contribution. I haven't even mentioned the tech problems (which are great if you're a passionate engineer). It's rare to find a startup taking on problems so ambitious and having a real business use case for them. You will see the problems you and the product team solve get handed to marketers to market and to salespeople to sell. It was something I'd never experienced before and it made work quite fulfilling. You should work here :).

Cons

Really not many, there are some challenges in keeping the culture I mentioned going in the pandemic, but I assume that would be true at every company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 English Reviews