Reonomy Reviews | Glassdoor

Reonomy Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2019

Found 31 reviews

4.4
Reonomy CEO Richard Sarkis (no image)
Richard Sarkis
  1. "Can’t Imagine Working Anywhere Else"

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Couldn’t be more complimentary about Reonomy and the experience I have had here. Between the people, culture, product, growth and leadership there is not much more you can ask for. People: Every single person that works here exemplifies a humble, hungry, results-driven mentality. Renomists hold themselves to a high standard. I am constantly learning, growing and challenged by my peers/leaders. Everyone... genuinely cares about where the company is headed and understand the importance each person plays in Reonomy’s success. There is an emphasis on having a strong work-ethic and holding yourself accountable. Culture: During one of our quarterly town halls, where the executive team gives updates and insights into future planning/goals, we created our core values - Grit, Ownership, Humility, Integrity and Results-Driven. These 5 words embody everything that Reonomy and it’s people stand for. We work hard and reward ourselves by having enjoyable onsite/offsite events. Product: There is nothing in the market like Reonomy. We truly are disrupting a space that is desperately craving it. The sky is the limit with leadership’s strategic decision making, client centric mentality and emphasis to constantly improve our system. Between all the hard work the engineering and data team accomplish, we are only paving the way for our continued success. Growth: The company has experienced a massive amount of growth since I have joined. With that growth comes opportunities to take on additional responsibilities. People are rewarded for going above and beyond the call of duty. Leadership: Across all departments there is a common theme of transparency, fairness and leading by example. Everyone is extremely bright, approachable and willing to lend a helping hand. I have the utmost confidence in their vision and decision making.

Cons

Adaptability: This is a common theme in high growth startups, but especially true with Reonomy. You need to have a very versatile mindset and be ready to tackle new challenges each day.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the difficult decisions for the betterment of the entire organization. Although they might be difficult at the time, I believe that leadership has the company’s/people’s best interests in mind.

Reonomy2019-10-10
  2. "A year as a Reonomist & it's the best decision I've ever made!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since joining Reonomy, I have been blown away by the thoughtful, strategic and forthcoming leadership style our management team possesses. Our CEO is extremely transparent, and approachable. He encourages ownership and fully trusts our team. You can see and feel this trickle down through management. It creates an incredibly positive environment where curiosity is encouraged, challenging the status quo is valued and... humility is a quality everyone possesses. Reonomy is refreshing! Whether you're on the executive team, the management, an individual contributor or a recent graduate, the skills you brings to the table are valued from Day 1. Our leadership team encourages everyone to strive to achieve both personal and professional goals and provides an open forum for feedback, actively incorporating feedback into decisions as we continually make improvements. My favorite reason for being a part of Reonomy's remarkably talented, honest, humble, creative, gritty and kind group of people is the positivity each person brings to the office every day! These are qualities our VP of People embodies and exemplifies through her action daily. Her passion for creating a high-spirited culture, plays a large role in optimistic and cheerful energy we all feel in the office! Once you step foot in our office, it's obvious the people at Reonomy are a team oriented, humble group who possess the highest level of integrity I've ever experienced. The energy of everyone working together towards one collective goal as we disrupt the CRE industry through technology, machine learning, big data and partnerships, is quite special.

Cons

None to note ! Reonomy is growing quickly, doubling in size in 2019, with the same plans for 2020! Growing pains are a part of every organizations evolution - especially when they're quickly expanding like our team :)

Advice to Management

Continue doing everything you've been doing! I've name a few positives below: - Maintain our diverse team and positive culture - Hire exceptional talent - Prioritize existing employees - Encourage and foster positivity, humility and those who exemplify commitment to the org. - Foster growth and the ability for each individual to be who they are Above are the reasons Reonomy is an extraordinary... organization + a standout team!

Reonomy2019-10-07
  3. "Growth, Opportunity and Fun"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

An opportunity to make an impact in a space that has remained a technological and data back water. Great team across the board, results - driven, humble. Some really difficult problems in engineering that range from computer science / algorithmic, big data and data science. Engineers are well supported. Very easy to be exposed to rest of the company and business. My on-boarding involved joining a few calls... with sales and CS, this oriented me towards a customer first view point. We've gone away from this recently for new hires. If someone does want to speak to a customer- typically enterprise - or data partner, etc. it is easy and having the big picture allows engineers to do their best work. Engineering is tackling the most difficult challenges in the company and we are growing. The team is collaborative, people are encouraged to solve problems and not simply given tasks. Working on new product opportunities can be fun with a lot of new development taking place the alternative being maintenance. We are even rewriting significant parts of our existing product code bases, which were previously written very poorly - we've been reassured that what was written was with the mindset of getting customer feedback first and we'll always invest in better engineering, which has been my experience so far.

Cons

An over emphasis on engineering outcomes being manna. More features is the answer to everything across the company. The buck stops with engineering, which can seem like a deluge when things aren't going as well, which has been the case for the last 3 months. When the pressure is on in engineering the pressure is on, which may be perpetual. Coupled with a technical debt hole - poor quality code previously -... the team is busy replacing, work can be stressful at time.

Reonomy2019-08-17

"People were great, management and CEO not so much"

Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Reonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The catered meals were nice, and the people that used to work there were extremely bright.

Cons

Management was terrible across the board. CEO constantly has rounds of layoffs and then tries to rehire again after raising funds.

Advice to Management

Be compassionate and stop messing with people's careers.

Reonomy2019-07-12

August 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on Reonomy and the bright people you worked with on our team, it's definitely a talented group! Regarding your feedback on layoffs and being compassionate, its always a goal of our team to address these types of concerns as we strive to practice what we preach by providing a supportive, accepting and positive environment for people to work in everyday. We take your feedback seriously, and understand your concerns around the small layoff in 2016. This shift was due to Reonomy pivoting to execute a successful national product launch. As you may know, company reorganizations can be common for growing startups and it is important to note, our team at Reonomy has not downsized since we pivoted in 2016. The company shift, although not easy at the time, ultimately has led to the company's success and the Reonomy team has continued to grow tremendously over the past 3 years. In the last year we we have more than doubled our team! You may be happy to hear that we have been investing in management training and management coaches to help develop our managers to become even better versions of themselves We appreciate your feedback, and although we can't always be perfect, we are committed to getting better everyday! Thank you again for sharing, and feel free to reach out directly should you have any questions or other feedback to share about our team. The Reonomy Team

"Exciting, Challenging, Stimulating, Rewarding & Fun"

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Reonomy is tremendous for a variety of reasons. From a professional perspective, career development at Reonomy is inevitable, as long as you work hard. The company is growing extremely quickly, so those within subsequently sustain the same growth. The management is transparent, warm, humble & leads by example with strong work ethic and intellectualism. Colleagues from top to bottom are approachable, helpful, and... most importantly, fantastic people. From a company perspective, the organization is performing extremely well. We all firmly believe in the product-market fit and the ability to execute on the goals we've set forth. amazing. From catered lunches and breakfasts to free Spotify/Citibike/Gym memberships, the perks are beyond sweet. It's a place where you get to enjoy coming to every day and where the energy is buzzing. Whether it's a monthly happy hour with a fun theme, or walking in one morning to find a new Reonomy T-Shirt on your desk, the People Team is constantly thinking of innovative ways to my Reonomists feel at home and appreciated.

Cons

You need to be comfortable with change if you're going to work here. We iterate constantly and change is inevitable, so it's crucial to be able to roll with the punches and adapt to crush the new goal at hand. It's also extremely important to have a strong work ethic. Working hard here is an expectation – work ethic is certainly a common denominator all Reonomists share.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Reonomy2019-03-22

March 25, 2019

Hey! Thanks for such a helpful and gracious Reonomy review :) We're excited to hear your feel there is significant opportunity for career development, this is something our leadership team strongly believes in investing in. It's always rewarding for us to see people like yourself putting in the same amount of passion and working together towards a common goal, the success of our company! We're also happy to hear you recognize how well Reonomy is doing, it's definitely something we're proud of here and are all constantly working towards. Lastly, your feedback on being comfortable with change is absolutely true! It takes an agile person to thrive here and someone who sees iterations of our product exciting - it sounds like you're thriving here and we're grateful you've shared your experience here on Glassdoor :) The Reonomy Talent Team

"Growing startup with great career opportunities and people"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really a great work environment. It's friendly, the CEO and team members are awesome, and it's full of free food and snacks. It's a place where everyone makes an effort to be respectful, personable and down-to-earth- and it's a lot of fun! We have a great product, market fit, and it's an exciting time to join as we grow exponentially over the next few years. You can definitely contribute in ways you could never... imagine at a larger company- but it's large enough now where there's really opportunity, growth, and more defined roles and responsibilities. Benefits, pay, and vacation policy are great.

Cons

It's a growing and innovative team with a "Day One" mindset - all of that sounds great, but you'll have to be on your toes and ready to change plans at a moment's notice. There's also going to be times where you're helping out members of other teams or departments, or doing tasks not associated with your role to help the team. It's not just a 9-5. If that is fine with you, you'll succeed here!

Advice to Management

Operationally, issues have cropped up around advancement structures, bonus pay, and how things are executed as far as day-to-day management - of course those things are small in comparison to the tasks of growing & building a company but it does affect morale for employees a lot. Otherwise, great job.

Reonomy2019-02-13

March 25, 2019

Appreciate such a well thought out and candid review, thank you! We're absolutely thrilled to hear you feel respected and surrounded by down to earth folks. The opportunity to roll your sleeves up and have a hand in everything is definitely the Reonomy advantage for career career growth and the mentality needed to be successful here. We want everyone to have a say in our company growth from culture, to management and product enhancements. It's wonderful to hear you feel Reonomy is a safe place to voice all of the perks and why you enjoy being a Reonomist while alos sharing tweaks we can make along the way as we grow. We appreciate you and everything you do for our stellar team every day :) The Reonomy Talent Team

"Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Innovative product that helps clients grow their businesses - A talented, genuine, and fun team to work with (everyone truly wants to see others succeed) - Love the office! So much natural light, great views, game room, tons of food!

Cons

- We are growing quickly! It's exciting but you have to make sure you stay adaptable and be willing to keep innnovating to handle the growth.

Advice to Management

- As we grow, we should still hold on to our level of transparency we have today - Keep the bar high on talent - I am learning so much from the people around me

Reonomy2018-12-12

February 11, 2019

Thanks for your insight on our product and the teams. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience as a Reonomist with us. We’re thrilled to hear everyone you work with wants to see you succeed and we're excited to know you are continuing to learn each and every day from those around you. As we continue to scale quickly, adaptability is something we have placed a strong emphasis on. It's a priority for us to continuously work with all of the teams across the org to embrace fluidity in their day to day in order to manage the amazing growth we're experiencing! Transparency is one of the most important values at Reonomy, and we are continually asking for feedback from people like yourself, as well as hosting company town halls, 1:1's with management and yearly reviews with our CEO for everyone in the company. In order to enjoy the beautiful views and great snacks you mentioned, maintaining a happy, healthy and communicative environment is at the top of our list :) Thanks so much for the feedback! The Reonomy Talent Team

"4 years in & could not be happier"

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- strong senior management: over the course of 2018, we have added a number of strong leaders at every level of the organization - many are alumni from other successful technology companies. This is a high EQ group that is fantastic to work with. - a rising tide raises all ships. We have product market fit in a big market. We are growing quickly, and the company is well positioned to offer interesting... professional opportunities for employees. - ops and talent teams have done a great job adding team-wide events (dinners, outings, etc). As a result - new employees are quickly integrated into the company culture. Coupled with growth, company morale is high.

Cons

- growth creates change. The organization is constantly evolving. - The company is full of hardworking individuals. Employees who are given promotions rarely have 9-5 mentality.

Advice to Management

NA

Reonomy2018-12-05

February 11, 2019

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review and for sharing your experience at Reonomy with us! We value your insight, and we are committed to yielding strong leadership and management across the org. We are dedicated to bringing on Reonomists who amplify the collaborative culture at Reonomy and who make everyone around them inspired and excited to come to work every day. Your insight into the product market fit is incredible to hear, and we are excited to see it evolve in 2019! We appreciate your feedback on a high growth start up and the change that comes with an evolving company. It's our goal to be cognizant of how these changes effect our team. We are doing this by maintaining the utmost transparency as we navigate Reonomy's evolution through weekly 1:1's with teams and their managers, opportunities to provide feedback, monthly town halls to share company updates and team celebrations throughout the month. Additionally, The talent/ops team couldn't be happier to hear how strong the team morale is and how our new hire's quickly feeling like family! Thanks again for sharing your experiences with us! The Reonomy Talent Team

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Everyone I work with is very smart and talented. -its a product people want to buy -Upward career mobility here -Catered lunches

Cons

No cons unique to the role

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're already doing

Reonomy2018-12-06

February 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate you sharing your Reonomy experience with us. It's amazing to to hear you are surrounded by smart and talented individuals. We strive to cultivate an environment where our Reonomists can continue to learn and grow from one another, and we're thrilled to hear that's been your experience with us! We also love hearing how much you believe in Reonomy's product, it sounds like we check all the boxes for you! Thanks again for your feedback! The Reonomy Talent Team

"Amazing Company"

I have been working at Reonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture and smart individuals throughout the company. - Amazing product that revolutionizing the Commercial Real Estate space - Solid work/life balance as well as great perks. - Management is always listening and cares about career advancement as well as recognizes the hard work employees are putting in.

Cons

Nothing that I have seen yet

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Reonomy2018-11-29

February 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your Reonomy experience! It's awesome to hear you have a good work/life balance, this is something we encourage all of our employees to balance as we grow! We're also thrilled to hear you feel management listens and cares about your career and the hard work everyone puts in each day. Embodying culture with a strong work ethic while supporting your professional and personal life is extremely important to us because our goal is to create an amazing place for all Reonomist's to work! We also love to hear your passion and belief in our product :) Thanks again for the feedback! The Reonomy Talent Team

Found 31 reviews