Response Mine Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Robbins

"Dedicated staff. Sincere Executive Team."

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My aspiration has always been that Response Mine have integrity first then make a profit and grow as a company. While we have not always grown year over year, we have had fourteen profitable years and to the best of my knowledge as CEO, the executives here expect and maintain a high standard of integrity- with clients and employees.

I love the fact that our VP of Finance was able to design our way out of the fraud called agency timesheets. This has liberated the company from that tired and useless process. The VPs are willing to speak their mind and offer up considered solutions to problems. I am blessed with the finest executive team of any company I've ever seen. They sure cover many of my weaknesses and combined, provide the wisdom of thoughtful advisory board.

At RMI we don't enforce hours and I think our employees work harder than most- consuming nights and occasionally weekends to serve our A-list of clients.

Finally, the innovation level at Response Mine is high because of a few key employees. Our elimination of timesheets, adoption of world class DOMO reporting software, introduction of management-by-objectives, and the creation of a HIPAA-compliant call center in our offices are all examples of employees driving innovations.

2015 was a record year for revenues and now putting 20/20 in our sites- $20MM in revenues by 2020.

Cons

Well, any and all problems at Response Mine roll up to the CEO. It's either my blindspot or sometimes permissiveness that allow problems to creep up. From 2010 to 2014, in order to transform and grow the company I embarked on too many new initiatives and really did only one in five well. Projects that don't go well are dispiriting, but still, I can be stubborn about pursuing an initiative with dogged determination. Sometimes I've ignored the smoke and waited until we had a full blown fire before being willing to change.

Probably the greatest regret I have is in not keeping the company fully staffed. When this has happened, it caused the employees to have to work too many hours and occasionally has cost a client relationship. Starting in 2016 our goal is to staff the company well. For as long as I am CEO, our strategy will be to pursue staffing ahead of revenues rather than chronically being in arrears.

Advice to Management

Commit to excellence in output. It's the easiest to scale.

Challenge our employees to learn more and faster. Don't let up. We'd rather they remember RMI as the hardest great job they ever had rather than the most fun place they remember. We're stewards of the next generation of marketers and to me, that means expecting them to produce very high standards and thinking for our clients.

2. "Like any agency, has its ups and downs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Response Mine Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- If you have a supportive, smart, and honest manager, you will go far. There are opportunities for growth if you show progression to management.
    - Most of the employees are fun, smart, and easy to work with.
    - Great health insurance benefits included for full-time employees.
    - Great location, easy/free parking, and plenty of lunch/food options within walking distance.
    - Fun events are frequently planned.

Cons

- The frequent employee turnover can impact your work/stress levels, since it takes a LONG time to refill the positions (if they decide to hire a replacement...). Additionally, it can impact the health and relationship of the account/clients.
    - Lack of communicating any clear "path to success", can make employees question why they continue to work there.
    - If you've been there long enough, you start to notice the lack of upper management presence.
    - New business is lacking.

Advice to Management

- Provide clear and concise job descriptions for your employees, and continue to be honest and clear.
    - Commit to creating training programs for more junior employees; and to therefore make managers' jobs easier. Make time to prioritize the professional development of the more junior employees.

3. "Would recommend"

Former Employee - Digital PR Associate in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Digital PR Associate in Athens, GA

I worked at Response Mine Interactive (More than a year)

Pros

RMI is a great place to work. While my time there was short, I learned plenty and enjoyed everyone I wofked with.

Cons

I can't think of any cons about the company.

"Not a bad gig at all... but don't expect much development if you're just starting out."

Former Employee - Junior SEO Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Junior SEO Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Response Mine Interactive (More than a year)

Pros

RMI is an excellent place to learn from some of the most talented marketing professionals in Atlanta. The clients are generally pretty interesting and provide tons of opportunity to learn. Plenty of feedback from supervisors/managers on the earned media team.
    Lots of fun events, outings, and in-office perks. Super relaxed dress code. Work life balance is emphasized across the board. PTO is pretty generous, especially for folks in non-senior roles. Really good agency paid benefits, too. Cool company wide quarterly performance review with a keg. Dogs also allowed in the office.

The office itself is in a neat location, right across from Lenox Mall. Starbucks runs are frequent and sometimes encouraged for fresh air. Beautiful courtyard area in front of the office building.

CEO is generally down to earth and usually has an interesting story to tell during the weekly Monday morning meeting. He takes time to chat with everyone, not just the executive team.

Overall a good place to get your foot in the door or grow your career if you've got the experience to land a higher-up role. If you receive an offer from RMI, accept it! I'm really grateful for the time I spent at RMI.

Cons

While there are some really awesome perks and people, the pay is low. They could do away with some of those extra events and increase salaries, in my opinion.

Outside of giving you the opportunity to work on some big accounts, they don't really do anything in the way of professional development for employees in junior/mid level roles. Turnover rate might decrease if RMI really invested in Junior/Mid level managers. They do it with more senior positions... why not everyone else?

The development path also seems to be a bit arbitrary, which is fine... but it's part of the reason I left.

Socially, it can get a little clique-y... but I feel like that's to be expected. Most of the people who work there are really nice and easy to get along with.

Advice to Management

Invest in your Junior and Mid-level managers! Show some more outward appreciation for good work. Define a clearer advancement path.

6. "SEO Associate"

Former Employee - SEO Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - SEO Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great environment with knowledgeable people

Cons

High turn over rate even among full time people because of low compensation

Advice to Management

Pay the people more

7. "Executive"

Current Employee - Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome work environment, clear company values, employees are open, friendly and approachable. Associate program is a good place for people trying to get their foot in the door within the industry.

Cons

Uses some dated business process, has an opportunity to fine tune the new business process. All of these things are being worked on by very smart people though.

8. "Strong Values, Good People, Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong work life balance, collaborative work environment, people care about one another, forward thinking and willing to test new ideas, great place with lots of opportunities to gain experience. Everyone I interact with genuinely like coming to work each day. RMI has been in business over ten years with a strong book of clients and is managed effectively.

Cons

Smaller company with more significant swings in business in both directions. Compensation is competitive, but may not match what is available at larger organizations. Typical trade offs you would expect when comparing RMI to a larger agency.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and believing in your employees. Stay focused.

9. "An awesome work environment."

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time

Pros

In my opinion, RMI is the best model for agency life. It somehow infuses a fun, laid-back atmosphere into agency life. I genuinely like the people I work with and like going to work each morning. My managers are interested in finding out what I want to learn more about and helping me to achieve my goals.

Cons

Not the best pay, but I still think it's well worth it. There's a lot of opportunity for growth, so I remain optimistic.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - SEO Associate in Windsor At Peachtree, GA
    Current Employee - SEO Associate in Windsor At Peachtree, GA

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive part-time

Pros

Great work environment with very friendly people. I worked here part time for a semester in college. RMI has a great training program and they give you a lot of hands on experience in the digital marketing field. I did both a mix of link building and content creation.

Cons

No cons really stick in mind

11. "Great opportunity, great clients, great teamwork."

I have been working at Response Mine Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The teams are passionate about what they do, there's an entrepreneurial spirit with growth opportunity, and a wonderful work-life balance. The clients are collaborative and eager to see return, which makes working with them a pleasure.

Cons

Due to this not being a large agency, sometimes resources are a bit lean and structure/processes are lacking. Sometimes upper management makes questionable decisions.