Rhythm Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rhythm Engineering CEO Reggie Chandra
Reggie Chandra

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people overall and a unique product in the market (in 9 reviews)

• The management team has grown the company every year from 2007 (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The continual turnover rate in that place is crazy, They just reduced their workforce by 20%, 3rd layoff in less than a year's time (in 5 reviews)

• Does not know how to run a business (in 3 reviews)

"Founder is back, he fired the failed CEO"

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

The product is uber cool, billions can be made with this innovative product

Cons

angry ex-employees and competitors trying dragging company through the mud

Advice to Management

Don't look back, look forward! SCALE-SCALE-SCALE!! Trillions of minutes are wasted each month sitting at poorly designed traffic intersections. FIT IT!

"Cool mission and vision! Enjoying my job..."

Current Employee - Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am not micro-managed and I have the satisfaction of seeing my work impact the motorists in a positive way. I am very happy with my job. Our work reduces motor crashes by 20-30%! How cool is that?!

Cons

I wish we had more sales personnel to speed up the growth of the company.

Advice to Management

Let's grow and make a difference to the motorists.

3. "Good place to learn and grow"

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

Very helpful people. Most of the employees care about what they do. The company has the excitement of a startup.

Cons

It is a little difficult for hard work to be recognized.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job, keep it up.

"Great!"

Pros

Meaningful Work, great benefits.

Cons

Small company = more work for you.

"Just don't bother"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Product and some good people left there.

Cons

Rhythm is drowning in debt and can't seem to keep anyone employed. From the 2 major layoffs to people up and walking out the future is not good for Rhythm. The number of good people leaving the company should be a sign to the current employees to get out before you arrive one morning and find the doors locked. The owner lies and has an ego that that is detrimental to his company.

Advice to Management

If I thought any of the management left cared I would give some.

"Founder is Back - He Should Have Fired Himself"

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

The InSync adaptive system is a good platform that has been deployed in many markets

Cons

Its the only product the company sells- over the time I was at InSync we had multiple products in development that were not well thought out and never really brought to market - The owner/president/ceo is a one man wreaking crew who has stood on the shoulders of smarter and better staff to proclaim his greatness - the turnover of both senior management and staff is unbelievable and even after 10 years we are still in "startup". Entire teams quit or get walked out the door and now it seems to be moving to Bulgaria a bit at a time, so much for "Built in America".

Advice to Management

None those that are still there will go down with the ship or at least until they come to work to find the building closed and the locks changed.

"The slow motion train wreck continues"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

InSync is a solid product. It works and works well.

Cons

Even though the product works the business model is a complete failure.
    Zero recurring revenue has caused the business to go through crash and boom times.
    Boom times are fine; crash times are made worse due to poor planning.
    No steady message from management, its false prophet cannot be questioned even though he has no idea what he is doing

Advice to Management

Please sell the company so someone who knows how to build a business can save the employees who are still there and support the thousands of intersections being run by Rhyhtm.

"Worst Owner/Human Ever"

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

They at one time had a very cool product and were very innovative. But most of the people for their early product have since been run off by the owner due to his ego.

Cons

By far one of the worst people I have come in contact and with about as little of business sense as you can have. The fact that they have survived this long with him in charge is an enigma of sorts. He literally has removed anyone who has a different opinion than him, which is the problem since most of his ideas result in wasting company resources or money for months only to have the products/projects completely scrapped without a reason why. The only thing worse than his management skills is his massive ego. He believes that every time he steps into a room he is the smartest one there and to top it off he thinks that if he reads a book about the subject he is better suited to lead that field or department regardless of someones actual experience in that realm. He hired multiple marketing directors only to fire them when they didn't go with his plan that he read in a marketing for dummies book. By far the worst owner I have worked for- but probably an even worse person. He will lie, cheat, steal and screw anyone he can to get ahead hence him getting rid of entire departments just so he can live out his fantasy life in Bulgaria.

Advice to Management

If I could rate this company lower I would!

"Review From Actual Employee/Hostage"

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

Very Few Pros, unless PTSD is an asset.
    Product is disruptive, but CEO/Owner doesn't understand market or competing technologies in the market.
    Great co-workers/hostages, yet we all feel like we have Stockholm Syndrome....

Cons

-The CEO/Owner: let's see, he thinks he's a genius, and of course, anyone who thinks they are a genius, usually are not. He doesn't understand basic business concepts such as a sustainable pricing model, collaboration with employees/partners, market research, and understanding the value of employees. Oh yeah, he's also an egomaniac. Not a good mix. He is the sole reason Rhythm Engineering is in its current state of disrepair. Please don't believe the reviews here about how great a place it is to work. He's got dozens of on-line identities to keep offering them up. The market is not billions, and what the hell does "FIT IT" mean? There is nothing, and I mean, absolutely nothing to scale. It's one product to sell. Not the 9 you claimed in a video a year ago. One single product that is getting marginalized daily in the marketplace by competitors and being replicated by another firm which the CEO/Owner won't enforce/protect his patent(s).

This company's senior management was a revolving door. After the last RIF, only left with a handful of brave souls willing to deal with the owner. I've lost count of the great employees who have left. Product development is down to one or two employees state-side and the Bulgaria thing is rumored to be a front for his soon-to-be bachelor ways i.e. a little something on the side.

The dysfunction in this place is breath-taking. The amount of BS coming from the CEO/Owner is endless. Stating profitability after 1.5 years is lipstick on a pig. Only because you shut down all other affiliated companies that never made a profit. Here's a tip for the CEO/Owner, you don't know the first thing about marketing, project management software, empowering others, etc. It was a personal circle-jerk for you to have all these companies with your name attached, calling yourself "Chief Vision Officer" and other BS. Telling customers in a company-wide email that you don't know what you're doing and didn't learn how to run a business in engineering school won't create more customers. It, in fact, led to a large number of potential customers vowing to never want to speak with anyone from Rhythm Engineering. Employees and customers want stability, continuity and integrity. These terms are antithetical to Reggie Chandra.

Advice to Management

There's no management left to give advice to. Advice to potential employees, there's a reason a company this small of a size has so many negative reviews on Glassdoor. It is an awful place to work simply because the CEO/Owner, RC, is at the helm.

"Used to be great, now: avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Olathe, KS

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Lots of former employees seem to be suing the CEO. Maybe you can too?

Cons

- Owner is fleeing the Bulgaria to escape his horrible business decisions
    - Business is in massive financial distress, likely going under soon
    - Employees that are left and dropping like flies. New recruits are no-call/no-show (likely because they heard about the company's financial position).
    - Engineering now has 2 employees: One who can't leave due to no other experience/prospects, and one who depends on the job for his US visa. A year ago had almost 30. That should tell you something.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can still list yourself as "Currently employed." Please, please: