Rhythm Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rhythm Engineering CEO Reggie Chandra
Reggie Chandra

Pros
  • The management team has grown the company every year from 2007 (in 8 reviews)

• Many good people doing their best in a tough environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The continual turnover rate in that place is crazy, They just reduced their workforce by 20%, 3rd layoff in less than a year's time (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management is constantly revolving, wisely leaving on their own accord or being let go abruptly when they try to do things the right way (in 4 reviews)

1. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the work.
    The people are great and we are a really talented team.
    Our product is the best on the market

Cons

The company can feel unstable at times.
    During hard times, the morale can drop pretty low but we always figure it out together. The good times are great.

Advice to Management

Need better communication of company health

2. "Owner is unstable"

Former Employee - Creative Director in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Creative Director in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits and hours. Good people overall and a unique product in the market. This company has potential if it can break through.

Cons

Owner is very difficult to work with and lacks decision making and management skills. There have been several rounds of layoffs the past year.

"Staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time

Pros

Awesome people and talented people!

Cons

Owner-Reggie, he is his own worst enemy. Does not know how to run a business.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can!

"Unfortunate"

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented people and a product that has sold in the past.

Cons

CEO has trouble letting go. He's a very passionate man which is what got him here, but he is unable to trust people and that has kept his business from being able to scale. He has proven how far a company can go when a CEO doesn't find people he trusts. Now he needs to look inside himself and figure out how to right the ship, or sell it.

Advice to Management

It all starts and ends with the CEO's psyche, change is the only way this company will succeed.

"Management Pays for Positive Reviews"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you see negative reviews, don't fret there will be a positive one coming shortly. People have been known to get larger sign-on bonuses in exchange for a glowing review on GD. The CEO and HR have also been known to set up fake accounts to post positive reviews as well.

If a complete lack of stability and sanity in management is what you seek, this is your place! The owner has the most over inflated ego I have ever seen with the exception of the current POTUS. Oh, did I mention that the company gives 15% of all of their profits to the employees! At least they did until they decided they'd rather pocket the cash instead. All of the R&D lead developers make an insane amount of money, one-fifteen-k. That said, there's a reason for it. The more you have to put up with the more you need to pay people.

Cons

If you find yourself working here, you should keep looking for another job. Beware of small companies in the local KC area because they are a tight knit group that all know each other. If you apply at the wrong place it is virtually guaranteed that the CEO of Rhythm will find out about it. Use your vacation time, don't bank it. It will not be paid out when you quit or get fired. Show the company as much loyalty as they will show you, zero.

Advice to Management

Your bad behavior is about to catch up with you. Can you hear the feds knocking?

"The Apr 22nd review is directly from the CEO trying to do damage control."

Former Employee - Operations in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Operations in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Other than the great technology of the product, there are no pros to working for Rhythm Engineering. 99% of the employees left are looking for other jobs.

Cons

Cons include lots of closed door meetings, the company being run by hired consultants, the company funding the CEOs extravagant lifestyle, massive turnover...300% turnover in the last three years, the finance Dept of 6 has turned over 100% since the end of 2016, including the VP of Finance.. The average tenure of the staff is about a year because of layoffs (3 since last May, 2016) or people just getting fed up with the whole lack of direction by the leadership team/CEO and the compensation criteria for bonuses is impossible to meet and salaries have been reduced as punishment for what they deem as poor performance and that's technically against the labor laws. This company is in a financial hardship and has had to scale back on launching the additional products that have been promised for the past two years and it's absolutely 110% because of poor decisions made by the CEO and his ego.

Advice to Management

My advice to the CEO is to sell the company to someone that believes in his people, is disciplined in how funds are spent and utilized and is capable of leading a team to a successful future. You are all about your ego and image, and you quite obviously think that everyone that works for you is more than expendable and out to screw you over. I've never seen such a disfunctional company or owner in my life.... And it shows in every aspect of your existence.

"Sad"

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The engineers were a joy to work with. The company had a good idea and good products. I actually enjoyed working there up until the moment I was escorted out the door.

Cons

Being laid off with zero severance, zero payout for accrued PTO, and being escorted out the door during the middle of a Friday with no warning whatsoever.

Advice to Management

I've always believed in my mind that you should not burn bridges. Things change over time and it may be that you want to come back to a company, or work for that person again. Reggie Chandra burned the bridge for me. I will never work for a company he's associated with again.

"Extremely disappointing place to work!!"

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product Rhythm Engineering provides is truly revolutionary and the staff are some of the smartest and most dedicated I've met.

Cons

Starting at the top, the CEO is a true and complete Narcissist. He fancies himself a visionary genius that is smarter than everyone else in the room, while he single handedly runs the company into the ground with ridiculous expenditures of company funds on non-business related projects, start up companies, consultants, personal investments that consume more financial resources than they return, damaging emails sent to the entire client base and THEN blaming Sales, Finance and anyone else he can point a finger at when sales drop off and cash is tight. And he hires a COO that has about as much warmth, compassion and empathy for the staff as a python to do his bidding and dirty work. The continual turnover rate in that place is crazy, They just reduced their workforce by 20%, 3rd layoff in less than a year's time. The CEO is totally consumed with image, bragging that his company is one of the best places to work and yet people continually fear for their jobs. People are hired and fired with no rhyme or reason. There doesn't seem to be much sound basis for the decisions being made as they are in constant reaction to decisions being made by the CEO, who is a guru of all the books he claims to read, yet master of none.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people until you can determine the direction of the company and to those still working there, get OUT as fast as you can!!

10. "Great visionary CEO"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the vision and mission of Rhythm. We are impacting 25,000,000 motorists in a positive manner. The management team is wonderful. It is indeed a great place to work.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

I admire you. Keep up the good work.

"Future job seekers, STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Rhythm Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you love to eat free meals, then go for a career opportunity with them.

Cons

Inconsistent company policies, today is this way, tomorrow is the other way.

Advice to Management

Keep riding on!