KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 170 of over 200 reviews

4.1
Rise Interactive CEO Larry Fisher
Larry Fisher
Pros
  • "Digital Marketing Experts: If you're looking to learn(in 17 reviews)

• "I look forward to coming to work each day due to the company culture and challenges I'm presented with(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be tough sometimes(in 17 reviews)

• "Upper management and leadership have NO idea what they are doing(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Rise Interactive

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rise Interactive and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Paced - Great Culture

Sep 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work har play hard mentality. Very fast paced but great to learn as a young professional.

Cons

Can be overwhelming the amount to work loaded on to employees during busy seasons of the year.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Grow Your Career

Aug 18, 2021 - Vice President Digital Strategy in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rise provided me with continuous opportunity to grow my career and challenge myself. Rise is an excellent place if you are looking to move fast and develop a wide variety of skills. They reward those who come to the table with new ideas and challenge the status quo. Leadership, both the exec team and their parent company, Quad, are laser-focused on making sure everyone is provided with the resources necessary to be successful. Rise has excellent benefits, 401k match, 4 months maternity/paternity leave, snacks, beer, etc. Over the last few years, Rise has made tremendous strides on inclusivity and work/life balance. Perhaps most importantly, Rise has some of the best talent in the industry; it's very exciting and motivating to have the opportunity to work with such talented people every day!!

Cons

Although Rise is seriously committed to improving DEI, at this time its leadership is not as diverse as some would want it to be.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Chaos

Sep 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice people Cool office - albeit not as utilized due to COVID Benefits are pretty top notch Clear DEI Initiatives yet I believe they rely on their offices in Mexico City and Buenos Aires to account in their USA diversity metrics

Cons

The training was lacking - partly due to being remote. I had no real exposure to my manager aside from a weekly touch base as I didn't work with them. My training was left up to a peer that worked through late evening almost every day. I'd be left with more question than answers completing tasks and still be fuzzy due to lack of time to thoroughly review. I was thrown on complicated and in-depth initiatives mid-flight to head up with very little context, then draft or reorganize docs/processes on demand. What I didn't know this was a hybrid role including account management which made every task more complicated. Challenges will always be a part of any role and I'm a huge proponent of slinging mud to get through to the flowers. However this curve is almost insurmountable unless one martyrs themselves. Various stakeholders and lots of projects - along with constant changes/lack of prioritization/role definition - resulted in lots of talk time. Something close to 20 hours of meetings per week consistently, leaving less time to complete tasks within an 8-hour work day. In addition to that, constant changes to tasks/initiatives/processes/tools/requests resulted in an environment wherein it was difficult to keep up. To that end, it appears the expectation "if everything is urgent, then nothing is urgent" has not been set. It's OK to say no and protect your client from themselves and the Rise team from burnout.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place to Start

Sep 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots to learn - Opportunity to grow

Cons

- Upper management unwilling to listen to thoughts/concerns - Lots of toxic positivity

5. 4.0

Pro's and Con's

Aug 28, 2021 - IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and learn a lot.

Cons

Low pay, not very open to creative solutions, promotions seem more tenure based rather than merit based.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fast Paced, High Energy, Friendly Learning

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great for skill learning beginning of career.

Cons

High stress, fast paced environment.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Learned a lot about what I didn’t want in my media career

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Internet Marketing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to get your feet wet out of undergrad

Cons

Company culture weighted in “start up” mentality despite being decades past the “start up” phase. Management ill-equipped to manage.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jun 27, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was pretty good for the work

Cons

Overtime wasn't given often enough

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Want to be a minion?

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start career but for max 2 years. You get a good understanding of the digital media and analytic space.

Cons

Low salaries, bad work life balance. People are promoted, double promoted. Analysts are made directors. All this due to several re-orgs every few months and none of it makes sense. No real leadership or vision for the future.

10. 1.0

Overworked and underpaid

Jun 24, 2021 - Senior Internet Marketing Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good software Opportunity to learn Nice office (pre pandemic)

Cons

Overworked No clear process for anything Bad middle management Complete lack of diversity Tension between teams Pay is extremely low with no overtime pay Culture is bad, lots of gossip and finger pointing I witnessed a team lead make someone cry more than once

Viewing 1 - 10 of 170 Reviews