Rise Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rise Interactive

2.8

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I was given an exam to test my math and writing skills. Once I submitted the exam, I never heard back from them (even after another follow-up email).

Interview Questions

• I was given an excel spreadsheet of datapoints. I was asked to make a number of calculations based on the data available on the spreadsheet. The other part of the exam was to write a welcome email. They gave you a few points to convey in your email, but they were looking for style, grammar etc.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

You have to take an online test, you get two chances. The level was not too difficult, and I think most people will get it right on the 2nd try. You need to get 80 or above. Phone interview was a classic one. Tell me about yourself Q's and was short.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Definitely asked a lot of questions that required previous knowledge and research before hand. Spoke with the hr representative a few times over the phone, then set up an onsite interview. Overall, the individuals I spoke with were friendly and enthusiastic.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a response asking me to take the test within a week. The test wasnt coming through, so the HR lady was kind enough to resend and change my timings for the test. it was an excel test and a RFP test.
    I got a response the next day saying that I didnt get it, though I know the excel test was right. If this had to do with the RFP, I recommend that it be a part of training, rather than testing people on it, without any idea of the job and the company. I asked for feedback, and received none.

I would say that they are professional, but by the looks on glassdoor from all the interviews and no offers, I would say they are window shopping, rather than looking to make a serious hire.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I was first introduced to the company through a friend who was employed there. He put me in touch with the HR manager, with whom I then had a couple of phone interviews with. After this, they invited me into the office for a round of 1:1 interviews where they asked me about my resume, my experience with digital marketing, and why I was interested in digital offering. They gave me an offer soon after.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

1st - Phone Screen Interview - casual, conversational; general inquiry into experience
    2nd - Timed Skills test - 2 parts - quantitative and qualitative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

This is probably one of the more unprofessional recruitment processes I have seen in a while. I applied online through LinkedIn. With in a day or so, I was contacted via email about taking a skills test. The skills test was scheduled. They email you the documents and give you an hour to complete it. Two things about this test. First, it is a joke and a waste of everyone's time. However, what was frustrating about it is the email clearly said to ask her any questions. I did have a question. I asked the person who sent me the documents...I never heard back from her. Great.

Anyway, I did the calculations and wrote the client letter. I send it in...gee, an email confirmation would be nice. Nothing. OK, this place is starting to get annoying.

A week later I received an email saying I passed the test, and they wanted to bring me in for an interview...in three weeks. OK, I guess I can wait three weeks. What's the big deal right? I figured at this point, even though I have yet to have a phone conversation or really any conversation other than scheduling tests and interviews with someone, that I would be meeting with non-HR people.

Wrong again. I meant with this wholly unprepared and incompetent in-house HR person. She seemed very uninterested in finding out about me. She made me wait in their cramped, non-AC office for about 20 minutes doing God knows what. When she finally did meet with me it was a very brief interview and could barely be classified as a screening interview. It would have saved everyone a ton of time if she had just done it over the phone. More than once, I had to ask her questions in multiple times, finally breaking it down in the simplest terms possible (kind of like Dr. Hibbard to Homer Simpson) before she understood what I was asking her. She definitely does not have enough knowledge of the field to be recruiting people.

Anyway, a week later I got an email that said they went with a more qualified candidate, which is a joke. I got the impression looking around the office, they went with the cheaper candidate--not to brag, but I have seven-years experience and a master's degree in the field.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the skills test?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position online through craigslist. I received a prompt response and was asked to schedule a time to take a 1 hour skills test. The test had three parts: 1) filling out missing parts of conversion rate and acquisition rate formulas; 2) deciding how to allocate a budgeted amount of money to 6 search engines; and 3) writing an introduction email to a client.

The test was straightforward and I was able to finish it within an hour. When I followed up a couple days after completing the test, the HR Assistant told me I did well on the test and would be contacting me soon for an interview.

Later that day, I received a rejection email. I followed up with the HR Assistant, and she said that that was a mistake and she would be contacting me for an interview.

The HR Assistant emailed me to schedule an interview for the Internet Marketing Consultant position--I had applied for the Account Executive position. When questioned about this, the HR Assistant told me I would have to discuss that with the internal recruiter.

Because I also had an interest in the Internet Marketing Consultant position, I decided to prepare for the interview as if I was applying for that position instead of the Account Executive position. Halfway through my interview, I realized that I was being interviewed for the Account Executive position.

The whole process was unorganized and unprofessional. On top of that, the interviewer kept cutting me off mid-sentence when I was asking questions and made the whole interview seemed rushed. The process did not make me feel confident in the company or its potential. If they are this unorganized with their recruits, how do they treat their clients?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

1. They took about 1 week to respond after I submitted my resume and cover letter- not a bad response time
    2. Then they emailed me a 1 hr. skills test for me to take and send back - pretty easy
    3. Then I received an email 4 days later with a request for an interview
    4. So I went in for an interview 2 days later
    5. The interview went really well, but when it got to the end of the interview the interviewer would not provide an answer for how much the base salary was. This is a very odd response. If an employer is not willing to disclose the salary then it makes me think that the salary must be very low.
    5. At the end of the interview she told me about the second interview, but then about a week later I received an email saying they did not have a position for me. I found it very weird that the interviewer led me to believe that the meeting went very well and then sort of just said that they didn't have a position for me with no real details or comprehensive explanation for why I did not receive a second interview or the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning on staying in Chicago?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

1st interview- phone interview
    2nd interview- skills test consisting of excel spreadsheet, plug and chug information into formulas given, write a welcome letter to a new client
    3rd interview- interview with several different employees at all different levels/areas of the business it was sort of an awkward process, answering a lot of the same questions some people seemed less than thrilled to have to sit and talk with you (the higher up employees) felt a lot like sorority recruitment talking to 5+ people in a short amount of time