Rise Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.8

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with an easy phone screening (why you're applying, your background, etc), as well as an online skills test. Skills test just requires grammar and plug-and-chug math using SEO concepts... even if you aren't familiar with SEO, you can mostly figure it out on the spot. After another phone interview (again, not too rigorous), you get invited to come into their Chicago office. If you're from out of town, they won't assist you financially or logistically with your visit. The final interview consists of back-to-back meetings with many members of management, which included a case study (you can't prepare for it), a deeper introduction to the role, and more "explain why digital media marketing"/"explain why Rise"/"talk about _____ on your resume". Everyone was pretty nice. They will assume you understand the basic ins and outs of digital media marketing even if you don't have experience, so be prepared for rapid fire acronyms and industry terms. When I asked for clarification, unknown acronyms were explained with more unknown acronyms (my resume made no effort to pretend that I had industry experience), which made me really uncomfortable asking the clarifying questions I needed to ask to understand the role. They gave me a tour, and got back to me shortly after with a rejection. I think it helps if you appear "thick skinned" and ready for a hard fast-paced environment, as well as more knowledgable about terminology (even if you clearly have no prior experience).

Interview Questions

• Why Rise Interactive as opposed to other Digital Media marketing agencies?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rise Interactive in November 2016.

Interview

It was through the college website. First was a brief online test, and it just basic easy math need to pug in numbers and some kind knowledge of SEO. Second was a phone interview, and the interview was brief also and basic questions like please go through the resume and why this company? why Chicago?

Interview Questions

• why this company? why Chicago?   1 Answer

Ad Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview

This is just a review about the HR dept. I applied for a position here over the weekend, and monday morning, got a personal email from their Talent Acquisition Manager. Although he told me that they were going to go ahead with another candidate, his email was brilliantly worded. He recommended some local associations and events that I should consider attending which might improve my chances, and ended the email on a positive note.

This is far far more than what I've seen from any other company that I've applied for. In most cases, your resume ends up somewhere in the ether, as there are a lot of fake job postings (recruiting firms and websites just collecting your data for selling later). In a few cases you might get a recruiter who responds, but then thinks you're "too technical" or something and refuses to forward it along. In rare cases you will get direct responses from the Hiring Manager, if they're efficient and will setup a short phone call in the next day or two.

But not once have I received a response like the one I got this morning. It really puts the "human" back in HR.

I commend them for what they're doing and I wish other companies would take note.

Senior Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

1st round: assessment test (about your quantitative skills and business writing skills)
    2nd round: HR phone interview (about the details of your work experience, your technical skill-sets)
    3rd round: manager phone interview

time: the first and the second round is arranged very fast and I waited for 3 weeks after the second round for the third round

Interview Questions

• what programming language you feel most comfortable with?   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Received online aptitude test after submit my application via company's career website, and then got a phone interview from Rise. The recruiter somehow sounds like she is reading a script.

Guest Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, one on-site interview with three people. One person seemed unhappy that I was there...I was told that I would be sitting at reception while they would take care of everything else that went along with the job - except travel arrangements - and that I would be doing the dishes. (Considering the number of employees - they shouldn't be using dishes as at a smaller agency - unless they want to hire a full-time dishwasher - there are hundreds of employees.) There was a major disconnect with this person. They didn't ask if I had a problem cleaning the kitchen - I don't - that's part of the job. I was asked if there was a way to stop people from leaving dirty dishes in the sink. From experience, one way to accomplish that is to put a camera in the kitchen which management naturally shies away from. Another way I mentioned is to use disposable dishes. This person was also amused with my resume - that it was so very detailed. "Guest Relations Specialist"...???? What is that? It is no wonder that they're still looking for a receptionist when they're really looking for a "guest relations specialist" who will be super-thrilled doing dishes for hundreds of people every day, while someone, I guess, would be at reception. Someone else told me that I had to dress sharply everyday...considering I was rather well-dressed for my interview, I wondered why if I was going to be doing dishes all day. I think that that one of the persons did not want me to work there and did not share that with the other people involved in the interview process. Rise Interactive - figure it out!

Interview Questions

• How would you stop people putting their dirty dishes in the sink?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

You have to take an online test, you get two chances. The level was not too difficult, and I think most people will get it right on the 2nd try. You need to get 80 or above. Phone interview was a classic one. Tell me about yourself Q's and was short.

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview

They sent me an online quiz after I applied online, which I had two chances to pass. I passed on the first try and then talked over the phone with a recruiter.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview

I only got as far as the assessment test (one question shy of passing) which I found difficult but impressive. There were grammar questions! I wanted to hug someone for understanding that math is just as important as writing. The response email was also terrific. They gave me recommendations for local recruiters, certification courses, and online readings specifically tailored around the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• It is hard going in blind to any type of test, but I'd say the most difficult part was trying not to watch the timer and let my nerves get to me. Anything I couldn't answer in 1.5 min I moved on.   Answer Question

Product Owner, Employee Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone call with a talent acquisition manager. I had a second call with the direct manager for the position. Then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. About a week and half after the interview, I received a phone call letting me know I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with Enterprise Enablement/IT to implement and manage new systems?   Answer Question
    • What was one of the biggest challenges you face when managing a project and how did you work through it?   Answer Question