Rise Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rise Interactive Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.8

Online Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview

Took an online one hour timed analytic test twice, followed by a phone interview. The test was a skills review about how to connect with online clients and the phone interview wanted to talk about data experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn and applied. The next day I was contacted about taking an analytical test. You have two tries to get to 80%. It is not difficult. I passed on a Saturday and was contacted on Monday about an interview with an internal HR person. A few days later I went into the office for four interviews. They offered me the job the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through a referral and had a phone interview. After the phone interview, they asked me to come in for a 1.5 hour interview at their office. At the office, I had three different interviewers (a manager, a senior IMC, and an associate manager).

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had working with data at your current position?   Answer Question

SEO Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview

Quick and fast. The majority of the interview process is a test resembling a SAT test. It brings me back to college days doing calculus on online submission forms. The questions are repetitive and the system unforgiven with decimal points. Rise brags this is a great tool to find great hires, but really it didn't really do anything other than be large annoying part of the process which is providing no value to them as a company. Considering fixing your test to be more industry specific and less clunky with the answers.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then had to complete an online application and a Sales skill assessment online, then an in-person with the same hiring manager, and two other middle managers.

The job description changed from person to person, which was alarming. Nobody I talked to seemed to really know exactly what was going on, aside from one middle manager who was very friendly and very sharp.

Also, I found out that this is a new team they are building out, which excited me at first. I went home and read a lot of Glassdoor reviews on Rise and was turned off, as a lot of the recurring elements of the negative interviews were all things I noticed during my ~2 hours spent at their facility. One of the managers was very well-spoken and seemed very knowledgeable on digital marketing, but the others I met with didn't seem to know what was going on. They couldn't really articulate to me what their company actually does, and what they're looking to do, which rang some alarms in my head.

The organization seemed very chaotic and disorganized. The office looks beautiful. Everyone walking around was dressed very casual, which definitely caught me off guard. I was greeted at the door by a recruiter wearing a soccer jersey, not the same recruiter I did the phone screens or the initial conversations with.

I thought the interviews went well and was expecting an offer. I got the "thanks, but no thanks" e-mail the following day, from the recruiter who originally reached out to me. She was cordial but seemed cold and unfriendly throughout the process. I responded back and asked what I could have done better, but no response. Oh well! I got a lot of good information on digital marketing from the one very sharp manager I met and have been reading up on the industry in my down time, so it wasn't a total loss.

Interview Questions

• Boilerplate questions about my approach to prospecting, how I stay organized, yadda yadda.   1 Answer

Director, IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a call from an internal recruiter. This was followed by a call the next day with the hiring manager. From there a 4 hour interview onsite with various technical team members and leaders.

I was impressed by the good vibes that were buzzing around the office. The people that met were all very smart and excited about the company and the products they are creating. Anyone who gets to work with a dedicated group like this one seemingly has a great opportunity to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really stands out, it was more of a management style and technical exposure set of conversations. I did not feel like I was being interviewed as much as I felt like I was having moderate technical conversations with stakeholders.   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First a phone call with the recruiter that was very basic. Then a scheduled phone interview with the hiring manager. Then was scheduled for an in-person interview. Met with a total of seven people (including the hiring manager that did the phone interview). The people doing the interview did not coordinate or seem very well prepared as I was asked the same questions over and over. That was a red flag. They all seemed very stressed and exhausted. Lastly with about 50 minutes left in the interview was given 2 exercises to complete. One was you are given an actual user story of theirs that was a whole page long (way too long for a user story, should have been broken into smaller stories) then asked to write a test plan/test cases/a check list/how would you test. Then given some blank paper to hand write it out. Second was given another paper with their database table structure (photocopy that was difficult to read) and asked to write 5 SQL queries. One again just some blank paper and a pen. I don't mind the assessment, but please (as a tech company) give candidates the proper tools of a computer/laptop. It seems that they expect employees to sit and hand write SQL queries and test plans in a minimal amount of time. I am sure most people can type a lot faster. Lastly, after that they do not even go over the exercises with you to discuss your answers/thought process. They just rush you out as they seem so stressed and overworked.

Interview Questions

• Given paper with about six tables and asked to write SQL queries to find revenue, campaigns, search engines, etc.   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, asked to complete online assessment of analytical and grammar abilities, followed by a phone interview with someone in human resources. Comfortable interview discussing experience with digital marketing metrics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Started off with a 30 minute, casual phone interview, and then I took 30-minute 30-question online aptitude test. From there, I was asked to come in and meet with two members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time how you worked with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with an easy phone screening (why you're applying, your background, etc), as well as an online skills test. Skills test just requires grammar and plug-and-chug math using SEO concepts... even if you aren't familiar with SEO, you can mostly figure it out on the spot. After another phone interview (again, not too rigorous), you get invited to come into their Chicago office. If you're from out of town, they won't assist you financially or logistically with your visit. The final interview consists of back-to-back meetings with many members of management, which included a case study (you can't prepare for it), a deeper introduction to the role, and more "explain why digital media marketing"/"explain why Rise"/"talk about _____ on your resume". Everyone was pretty nice. They will assume you understand the basic ins and outs of digital media marketing even if you don't have experience, so be prepared for rapid fire acronyms and industry terms. When I asked for clarification, unknown acronyms were explained with more unknown acronyms (my resume made no effort to pretend that I had industry experience), which made me really uncomfortable asking the clarifying questions I needed to ask to understand the role. They gave me a tour, and got back to me shortly after with a rejection. I think it helps if you appear "thick skinned" and ready for a hard fast-paced environment, as well as more knowledgable about terminology (even if you clearly have no prior experience).

Interview Questions

• Why Rise Interactive as opposed to other Digital Media marketing agencies?   Answer Question