Ruscilli Construction Reviews | Glassdoor

Ruscilli Construction Reviews

Found 11 reviews

3.9
L. Jack Ruscilli
  1. "Family-Owned Construction Company"

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time

Pros

It's great to work somewhere that values employee training and growth! Also have regular company events and monthly lunches that encourage camaraderie and getting to know your coworkers. Great benefits and flexible.

Cons

Construction can be stressful, but that's any company in the construction industry, and Ruscilli does a great job of managing that!!

Ruscilli Construction2019-05-20
  2. "Great Construction Company"

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This is a great construction company. Family-owned and involved in the community!

Cons

Can't think of anything really

Ruscilli Construction2019-05-20
  3. "VP Operations"

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time

Pros

Ownership is good honest people with a reputation to uphold. Good pay and allowed to make decisions to the betterment of the projects and company. Great place to work.

Cons

Construction can be a stressful business and at times unpredictable. Ruscilli does a good job trying to balance the projects for success.

Ruscilli Construction2017-08-29

"Proud to be working for this Company"

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am proud to be working for a company with good compensation, good hours, a great work environment, and excellent benefits including a good health and wellness program. I have good work life balance.

Cons

Only con is the periodic stress that comes with a construction industry that is currently continuing to grow. This can cause some issues because the experienced skilled labor work force is not growing at the same pace.

Advice to Management

People do appreciate the monthly associate luncheons, annual holiday event and family outings.

Ruscilli Construction2017-05-11
  5. "Family-owned large general contractor"

I worked at Ruscilli Construction full-time

Pros

Staffers and mid managers are smart and fun to work with

Cons

Like with many family-owned companies, ownership does not necessarily translate to good leadership.

Ruscilli Construction2017-04-24

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Enjoy the team culture! Project teams and departments work together to contribute to the overall success of the company. Management provides an open and supportive atmosphere that gets staff working together as a united team. Ruscilli Construction offers a solid career path with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Benefits are excellent.

Cons

Construction in general can be stressful, but Ruscilli Construction values their employees and does a lot to make working there enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees and providing access to wellness programs.

Ruscilli Construction2017-03-28

"Well run Company with great benefits."

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I'm one of 5 current associates who left Ruscilli, then came back after discovering the grass was really green here. It is a family owned business with high moral and ethical values. It has been in business for over 70 years. It is a stable, successful company that shares it's success through generous bonuses and 401k matching. The other benefits are great, particularly the health insurance and wellness programs. ...

Cons

The construction industry is a roller coaster. During my career, I have seen a lot of contractors fail. Ruscilli's stability and success are grounded on good people who are willing to work hard when the project requires it. Construction careers are rewarding, but not for people seeking an easy job, and Ruscilli is no exception.

Advice to Management

Maintain high quality standards in your buildings through hiring and keeping high quality associates. Continue sharing profits with associates.

Ruscilli Construction2017-03-21

"Great Company"

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Hardworking and dedicated employees. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

No cons from my experience.

Advice to Management

Continue involving employees in process improvement efforts. Appreciate openness to new ideas!

Ruscilli Construction2017-03-20

"I have worked at Ruscilli for over 10 years. They provide a great culture and opportunities for advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Compensation, Hours, Project Type, Location of Projects, Teamwork

Cons

Construction industry in general is very busy and it can be difficult to find good labor.

Advice to Management

We really appreciate the health and wellness program, benefits package and access to the leadership team

Ruscilli Construction2017-03-16
  10. "Good co-workers, poor executive leadership"

I have been working at Ruscilli Construction full-time

Pros

The staff I work with are good people with integrity and a drive to make the business successful. The company has a long history of philanthropic giving.

Cons

Executive leadership is lacking in leadership skills. CEO exemplifies the difference between a "boss" and a "leader", and this is apparent to staff and clients. Decision-making is often based on ego and limited strategies rather than core values and sound business sense. Poor communication is an issue and the culture is declining.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust and take an interest in your staff. Understanding their strengths and supporting their professional development will ultimately help them be even better assets to the company.

Ruscilli Construction2015-10-09