SAI Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Dr. Venkat Rayapati

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best Place to work, the founders took lot of care for every employee even in the most difficult economic times in US."

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

1. SAI Technology Inc has always been working on the cutting edge technologies such as 3G/4G LTE, WiFi, WiMAX, M2M. SAI Technology supported world's first 4X4 MIMO Technology development.
    2. Learning and carrier advance this is the best place, what I have seen for the last 15 years in US.
    3. Lot of respect for the employees
    4. Management always reconginized my work and also supported my carrier growth plan
    5. Every employee has been provided market value compensation plus stock options etc.
    6. There is a significant growth opportunity for the people, who wnat to learn and contribute.

Cons

1. SAI have global teams and time synchronization requires meticulous planning
    2. Support required for advanced technologies training

Advice to Management

1. Focus on 3G/4G LTE, 802.11AC and grow the business as fast as possible. So that way all employees will benefit from the growth of the company.

"Painful company"

Pros

Location......near all the other companies you should work at.

Cons

Lack of strategy, direction, leadership and money. No upward mobility and the pay is terrible....if you get paid.

Advice to Management

Replace CEO

"Engineer"

I worked at SAI Technology part-time

Pros

Occasional Good opportunities whenever there is new project..
    good place to learn and improve personal skill

Cons

Very very low salary.
    Occasional unprofessional-ism .
    fake claims .
    false marketting of projects and products

"Bad place to start as a fresher"

Pros

Cant think of any pros.

Cons

Very less salary and employees are treated very badly

"Worst company I have ever seen !!"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Fresh graduate may learn something in first 6 months. After that staying here is a waste of time.

Cons

This company is built on LIES and nothing else! The CEO of the company would paint a rosy picture of the company and try to find people to invest in the company. More than 95% of what talks is a LIE. Looking at the track record of the company it could never retain employees for more than a few months. In fact for past 3-5 years company has been hardly running with handful of people. In spite of having good employees at some point of time in the past , this company has failed to grow because of the unprofessionalism demonstrated by the CEO.

Recent good feedback must be posted by the management itself. I DO NOT recommend this company even for fresh graduates who are looking to gain some exposure. Worst case if you land in this company please do not expect the company to file your H1 even if the CEO says so. Company will not spend any money on you. There have been many cases where CEO promised to file H1 and then said NO to employee at the last minute. Worst case if you join this company make sure that you get an offer letter mentioning the salary. Do not rely on any verbal promises since those are nothing but lies. Please do not stay in the company for more than 6 months. It is waste of time to do that even for a fresh graduate.

Experienced people: There is nothing for you here.

Advice to Management

Management has been consistently telling lies to everyone. Hopefully they have realized that it does not work and stop doing this.

"Developer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at SAI Technology full-time

Pros

1.Depending on the projects at hand, you might get a chance to work on some thing where learning curve might be slightly steeper.
    2. You might be giving demos to VPs and delegates of other companies.

Cons

Lowest salary (just the minimum wage for the title).
    Very unprofessional environment.
    False promises to customers. Fake estimates to potential customers.
    No clear communication between employees and Management regarding the long term goals or companies vision.
    I see one of the reviews which is actually the copy and paste of company' vision and mission which they have put up in the office. Very unprofessional to write your own reviews, this explains the unprofessional practices.
    The company was black listed once by another big customer for misdemeanor .
    Interns ..Please be aware, Don't join. Just await and lookout for other opportunities in this area(which is plenty)

Advice to Management

After many years of losing multiple talented engineers, you should learn to correct your attitude.
    Please give respect and appropriate salaries.
    Change the business model. Don't infuse demos to customers with fake information and promises.

"Don't trust them"

Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Good learning opportunity. But it's not worth any effort you put into it. I don't find any pros none at all

Cons

Nothin. I was not employed here but I definitely had the worst experience of my life! I was offered an internship position at this company. The founder promotes his company to be the biggest thing ever but that's not what the employees believe. This is definitely the most depressing workplace ever. I know I am not a very experienced engineer but I do have a couple of degrees to speak for my experience. There is a training process involved before offering a full time and they pay An unbelievably low salary during the process. Trust me no one is worth minimum wage. Not even the guy flipping burgers at McD. More than the salary it is the appreciation or lack of it that gets to me. Yes I'm not experienced but I am not stupid either. The way the founder talks is so degrading and that's an understatement. Considering all the travel I would have to put into getting here, mainly because I won't be able to afford a place of my own, the pay is much lower than minimum wage! Hell I was paid more working part time in school. I am very sure the senior staff are not happy about working here. They say so themselves. The best thing I did was quit before getting looped into it. Too many false promises and way too many lies. Please please don't trust anything they say and get out before anything serious. Yes it's a very bery good learning opportunity but not worth any bit of your time.

"Great colleagues. Worst Management"

Pros

Ver limited in pros. The company has a small but very good engineering team.

Cons

Not a great choice for new college graduates , who have a passion. The management manipulates you based on it to work for low salary. Very bad infrastructure and organization of process.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff as human beings and five them some respect. They are people who earned their degrees by hard work.
    Pay them, what they deserve.
    You cannot retain employees if you don't respect them.
    Don't ever degrade any employee verbally

"Fraud company , you can experience place for becoming mad."

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at SAI Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there are no pros, only cons. However, one pro is if you worked here, you can work anywhere else in the world. Because there is no other worst place to work other than this one.

Cons

Everything is a con except the above pro.

Advice to Management

stop this madness and close the company.

"great place to learn and work on hot and latest technologies"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Get to work on latest technologies like 4G/ LTE

Empowerment to employees

good benefits

Caring new management

Cons

aggressive work at times but lot of learning during the process