KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.3
SAM Companies President and CEO Christopher M. Solomon
Christopher M. Solomon

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Fun and good pay.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Many of the people there are great to work with.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Rapidly growing company that prioritizes culture

Feb 15, 2022 - Corporate Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Top Work Place for 10 consecutive years. Company has been around for 25 years and is very reputable. Had over 18% YOY growth from 2020-2021. Very growth and people focused - so a big initiative is to retain, train, and attract talent. Career pathing is clearly outlined on the website to give you a sneak peek at what your potential could be at SAM. SAM uses the most advanced software and hardware programs to create customized, easy-to-use deliverables - making you more efficient from the start. SAM invests heavily in early talent management, the internship program, and training folks from the ground up in a skilled trade. Access to professional development resources such as tuition reimbursement, internal leadership training programs, and other ongoing learning resources.

Cons

They do offer the ability to work from home 2 days a week for select positions, but not a solution for individuals looking for 100% remote work.

SAM Companies Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are grateful to our team members who have continued to vote SAM Companies as a Top Workplace for ten years. We have continued to grow exponentially throughout the years, including expanding our geographic footprint both organically and through acquisitions. We are glad you are part of the SAM team.

2. 5.0

Great Sense of Community

May 23, 2022 - Senior Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our company genuinely cares about our employees. We have several mixers and functions throughout the year to build comradery and community.

Cons

Not really a con, but the rapid demand for a growing employee force based on precision expansion.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company that seems to try.

Apr 12, 2022 - Office Technician in Westerville, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Coworkers, Hybrid work available in the office. Management is usually approachable. If you have less common skills, they will get used here.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like if you're working under the wrong manager, work experience gets worse. No Fulltime remote work for most office positions. Your position can really determine how much work you get. One portion of the office can be barely scraping by to get to 40 hours, while the other is asking if you can do more than 60. I've had situations where I had more overtime hours than regular hours in a week. Great if you're desperate for money, not great for family life. Field workers get laid off if their sector makes a downturn, office workers get limited to 40 hours. not always great at keeping things spaced out so you will have weeks of nothing followed by weeks of everything all at once.

4. 5.0

Good company

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-good managers - good company perks

Cons

-no major cons I can think of

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Excellent Work Culture

May 10, 2022 - Civil engineer 1
    Business Outlook

Pros

Emphasis on work life balance

Cons

Logistics and recruitment deficiencies are an issue

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Growth

Apr 19, 2022 - Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow and diversify yourself within many different fields

Cons

Communication may not always be top of the line

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run far away

Apr 13, 2022 - Surveyor
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will work a lot of hours if you are salary not hourly.

Cons

They make promises with no intention of keeping. You will get calls on vacation, they will not respect your off time. Will take advantage of you if you let them. Upper management will tell you what you want to hear to get you to keep working.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Dec 23, 2021 - Recruiter in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Continuing education, hybrid work models, great culture and work life balance

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Feb 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just wanted to give a shout-out to SAM for how they handled Covid. The company showed great adaptability and flexibility to meet the needs of its employees.

Cons

Office politics sometimes get a little out of hand.

SAM Companies Response

We appreciate the flexibility and adaptability our team members showed throughout the pandemic as we navigated the unprecedented times. Additionally, we encourage employees experiencing difficulties in the office or field to reach out to HR directly to navigate any challenges. Thank you for your feedback.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of opportunities for professional growth

Nov 15, 2021 - Department Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities for employees Good work/life culture Very optimistic future Work on a variety of projects Great team in place Excellent sharing of resources between departments

Cons

I have had a great experience since joining the organization. No issues to mention.

President and CEO

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience. At SAM, we encourage work-life balance and are grateful to have been voted a Top Workplace by our employees for the tenth consecutive year.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 102 Reviews

SAM Companies Reviews FAQs

SAM Companies has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 106 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at SAM Companies to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 23% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SAM Companies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SAM Companies. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

87% of SAM Companies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SAM Companies 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SAM Companies to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with SAM Companies Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at SAM Companies? Share Your Experiences

SAM Companies logo

SAM Companies Careers

Cover image for SAM Companies

Come on in and have a seat! We’re glad you’re here. At SAM, we strive to foster an environment that supports a healthy work/life balance. ...More

• Our Culture
  • Diversity
  • Community
  • Future Talent

Company Updates

Logo

142 days ago

Company News
SAM Companies is excited to announce the acquisition of Ghiotto & Associates, Inc. Based in Florida, this acquisition expands our geographic range, service capacity, and client responsiveness across multiple markets. Read more on our website. #SAMCompanies
Shared image - SAM Announces Acquisition of Ghiotto & Associates, Accelerating its Expansion in Florida and the Southeast U.S. - SAM
www.sam.biz

SAM Companies Photos

+ Add Photo
SAM Companies photo of: Florida employees showing support for Ovarian Cancer
SAM Companies photo of: SAM Vapor and Crew working on one of the largest UAS inspection projects in the United States.
SAM Companies photo of: Welcome SAM 2019 Summer Interns!
SAM Companies photo of: Employees Volunteering with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas
SAM Companies photo of: SAM's Applied Technology Team hosting a training.
SAM Companies photo of: Featured are some of SAM's leadership team with Founder Mr. SAM Hanna at the company's 25th Anniversary Celebration
SAM Companies photo of: Ann Richards students witness a UAV demo led by SAM staff