SANIMAX Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Martin Couture

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "grateful longtime employee"

I have been working at SANIMAX full-time

Pros

Stable job, great people, laid back and a lot of room to grow and advance

Cons

work too many days

2. "Top heavy in management"

I worked at SANIMAX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Initially enjoyed working here. Field people were treated as part of Company

Cons

Change in management resulted in top down management even though there was little understanding of Field force daily activities. They were looking for "Yes" people .

Advice to Management

It is the Field people making managers look good. If you don't understand why the Field does something a certain way. COMMUNICATE with them

3. "Wrong shift"

Former Employee - Driver in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Driver in Green Bay, WI

Pros

They was very nice people to work with

Cons

Was told during 3 interview that I could start around 7pm because I wanted 3rd shift. After 2weeks of training they said they don't have a open position with the job they hired me for or the shift so I told them no thanks.

Advice to Management

You should know what your hiring for before hiring someone. I wasted your time and my time for why?

4. "Driver"

Current Employee - Night Driver in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Night Driver in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at SANIMAX full-time

Pros

Pay is good flexible schedule they work with you so you can have a life outside of work and home every night

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Its getting better every month I'm here keep going in the derision you are

5. "Safety Sucks At Sanimax"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I worked at SANIMAX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of cigarette breaks, health insurance for your family, time off if you don't care about getting hurt/hurting people

Cons

Extremely terrible safety issues, and if you bring them up to management, they will put you off repeatedly. Things as simple as having the proper required safety equipment, to lockout/tagout procedures being ignored are some of the issues.
    There is more incentive for your coworkers to work unsafely since disciplinary action is unpaid time off for breaking the rules. Certain departments are always shorthanded so you will be expected to work long shifts. They say they will promote from within, but if your department is understaffed, they would rather hire outside than keep decent employees. They will also screw with your schedule if you mention getting other jobs or more schooling. Weekends are often a requirement and can last longer than usual shifts.
    Some coworkers and departments are very exceptional, but for the most part the coworkers have very limited respect for other people: stealing, bullying, and outright dangerous acts are very common.
    Even if they pay relatively well, it isn't really worth sacrificing your health or putting up with jerks.

Advice to Management

Enforce your rules before someone gets hurt or dies there, stop throwing away good employees who WANT to work by keeping them stagnant.

6. "It's a Facebook Company"

Current Employee - Rendering in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Rendering in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at SANIMAX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They sound good, sell a good story about their history, how they are needed to prevent landfills from overflowing with waste. They look good, have a great cover for their book. Their values of "We Care, Do the Right Thing, Seek Better Ways, Take Action and be Accountable," are cutting edge excellent how they sell them.

Cons

Something tells me not to do this because it will probably cost me my job, but you can't make change without the truth being confronted. They provide Health Care, Dental, Vision, which is misleading and comes from a 3rd Party. They profit from their own employees health and welfare, yet claim to be family. My family would want me to have the best Health Care, Dental, Vision, available without going through a middle man to profit off my use of the services being provided. There is no real information about the services their Health Care Plan provides, no substance. To acquire this information about the benefits provided you must go through a PC (Personnel Connection Employee) also known as Human Resources. So your Health Care is not private information as someone within the company knows all about your problems. They force you to participate in all of their surveys and you can't refuse to take one or they weed you out. They operate on secrecy and my speaking up has just broken their policy of secrecy now threatening my employment. They operate on a policy of division to control their workforce. Each plant is run differently, wages and benefits are all different at each plant and they keep that secret from each workforce. Since I have worked for them I predicted a "fire sell" was coming because they had a 4 year plan to build their image. Sure enough a "fire sell" happened. It's a Canadian based company operating on American Capitalist Profit Ideologies, even profiting from what it calls its own family. It's not morally correct and neither is the CEO considering he is a Canadian Citizen who gets free Health Care from birth to death. They should profit from my labor, the product I produce, not from the Health Care they provide through a 3rd party which upper level employees, including the CEO, are all vested in. My experience with companies like Sanimax is they lie, then spent time and money covering up their lies for profit and they only hire people who will support this objective, rather than man-up, take charge and lead like a real industry leader does. I earn my own Health Care by going to work everyday and doing my job, by caring about what I do, by always doing the right thing, by seeking better ways, and by taking action and being accountable. These are their values, "We Care, Do the Right Thing, Seek Better Ways, Take Action and be Accountable," my review is in accordance with those values but I am sure I will regret having tried to tell the truth. I am not afraid anymore so this one statement will tell them just exactly who I am so here goes, "Forward with Hope!"

Advice to Management

Let's quit looking good, we are not a Facebook page, we are a company that makes a being the "Very Best" starts from the bottom up. We should be more concerned with making customers want to buy our product, making people want to work for Sanimax, because we make and stand by the "Very Best" product the market has to offer, and because we offer our employees the best benefits there are in a company. I am led by a great leader who takes charge to be the best just like the men I once knew as a child that held my hand and promised me a better world or they would die trying to make a better world. They all died, and though I failed many times, failure is success because I am here still trying for those men who are/were my friends. They called me a pessimist for being truthful about what I saw, because they failed to see just how optimistic telling the truth could be. Quit being confused about what being the "Very Best" is, words become misleading when you become complacent. Finally, quit being afraid of something different or new (refreshing), you know what is right and wrong / good and bad, so quit shunning those who speak up truthfully as optimist because they "Care, are doing what is right, are seeking better ways, and are taking action and being accountable." Don't make your values something you really don't want or you really don't mean, because you may just get what you ask for? Just quit being afraid and start living again, thinking on your feet. These are the things that propel companies "Forward with Hope" while making them the Very Best!

"Sanimax is bankrupt"

Former Employee - Driver Turkeys in South Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Driver Turkeys in South Saint Paul, MN

I worked at SANIMAX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good, over time is good, newer tractors/bad trailers, locations just off highway and near gas station, supervisor sleeps on the job

Cons

Unrealistic management goals, dirty, working 60+hr/week, trucks not up to DOT codes, won't fix equipment, drivers asked to do illegal things, often overweight, Dishonest about intentions, takes away bonus from drivers and gives it to management, insurance benefits suck

Advice to Management

Sell to a competent owner, treat drivers with respect they are the ones that bring in the product. take head out of rear end

"Great opportunities!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Pros

Sanimax was a great place to work. In my time there I was given many opportunities to grow and advance in my career. The structure of the company allowed me exposure to different areas that I may not have had at a much larger employer and this experience is extremely valuable for me.

This is a company that believes in it's values and treats employees like people- not numbers. Do What's Right and We Care are their first two values and they are values lived by everyone at Sanimax.

I would not have traded my time at Sanimax for anything- it was amazing- the people, the knowledge/experience, the growth opportunities- truly the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

The focus on projects could be improved- direction would tend to change before a project was completed which led to a lot of great beginnings to things without completely finalizing/launching them at times.

"Unsanitary and unfriendly place for an office job"

I worked at SANIMAX full-time

Pros

Pay was decent.

Cons

During my time at Sanimax I was verbally assaulted by more than one associate in the office and constantly treated like an outsider. There were horrible fumes that would often fill our office and there were cockroaches that would run around on our desks. I was reprimanded for saying there was a smell to the rendering process, which is ridiculous its a rendering plant, can't pretend it doesn't smell. Worst of all the manager I worked under took pride in intimidation and mind games. I have never worked for such an unprofessional place. Work life balance was a joke also. You have to have the work email out on your phone so that you can constantly be ready to work. Not much of a life, oh unless you are the manager who left every day at 430.

Advice to Management

The upper management needs to really evaluate the managers in the Green Bay office. The turn over will never get better if you don't get rid of the real problems there. Your main focus is saving money, well maybe stop rewarding lazy employees and stop reprimanding hard working good employees.

"One of the worst jobs I have ever had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Pros

Pay is good, there are a few very nice people who work in Green Bay

Cons

The company has a huge cockroach issue, even in the office. There is an issue with favoritism within the company. If you happen to work there don't point out the issues or you will become a target, some of the managers are so high on their own egos they refuse to see they are contributing to the issues. Working in the office is like being part of a very dis functional family, people literally yelling and lies and weird relationships that would never happen in a true professional environment. Oh and don't dare say there is a smell or you will get in trouble too, it's a rendering plant and they are in denial about the fact it smells. Think twice before applying here.

Advice to Management

Get over your ego and start working on the real problems. Having meetings to discuss "engagement" means nothing if you are not truly willing to do something. Instead of terminating good people who are willing to point out issues maybe look at the true trouble makers.