SEACRET Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pomona, CA

I worked at SEACRET Direct (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Seacret Direct, workers develop leadership skills, personal development, and gain experience with communication and sales. Throughout my time working with Seacret Direct I had always felt a strong sense of a family/team environment. I have nothing positive feedback to say about the company or the CEO.

Cons

Working at Seacret Direct, one should know that it is not hourly and the compensation is what one puts in. Along with working smart not hard, workers do have a chance to build a residual income with developing themselves and their skills as a person.

Advice to Management

Management must have a way of setting expectations and encourage growth.

"Think twice about working at Corporate unless you like stress"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Manager and co workers were talented and cooperative in working towards a common goal. Manager was honest, transparent and worked hard for the team.

Cons

Short sightedness and unrealistic timelines made doing a task the right way nearly impossible. I am OK with once in a while having to do a project under the gun, but not on a constant basis at the whim of the owners. Not much planning went into developing a long term strategy or goals because we were so busy being reactionary. Owners are out of touch with the effort it takes to make a project successful.

Advice to Management

Take time to create realistic. long term goals. Develop a marketing strategy that makes sense and doesn't create chaos for the people who have to implement the strategy. Workers shouldn't be expected to work every weekend because things fails for not having enough time to develop and test.

"If you want to see what PTSD feels like..."

I worked at SEACRET Direct full-time

Pros

There aren’t many left, but the employees are hard working and team oriented. I had the pleasure of working with and learning from some very talented professionals. To be clear, I am talking about the worker bees and C-level executives, not ownership/partners.

Cons

The owners are self-absorbed, manipulative bullies who party all night then roll into the office late afternoon yelling and making demands, and expecting everyone to work late, weekends and even holidays to make it happen.

They talk about community and make a big deal of their religious observation, but it's all for show. If you’re not immediate family or partner you don’t count. Employees are no more valued than the copy machine or coffee maker. They treat people horribly and don’t mind conducting unethical business if it will save money. These are NOT nice people.

It’s management by temper tantrum and knee jerk reaction. Turnover at the executive level is extreme: Customer Care, Finance, Operations, IT and Marketing all turned over at least twice in the year I was there, and Marketing leadership is literally a revolving door because they take the brunt of the abuse.

There are constant layoffs, terrible benefits, and zero work life balance. Whenever they get tired of a highly qualified professional advocating for proven strategies or pushing back, they replace them with a completely unqualified family friend. This place has burned out or chased away more talent than most companies this size will ever even see.

Seriously, if you have ANY self-respect or professional pride, do not work here! I only give this place one star because it’s not possible to choose anything lower. Anyone giving a high rating has not worked at corporate, they are distributors who only see the staged events and public personas.

Advice to Management

None, they don't care. This company is probably just a tax write off for their other businesses anyway.

"I wish this existed when I took a job at Seacret"

Pros

Relentless, abusive pressure drives you to accomplish things that you did not know you were capable of.

Cons

Seacret is a dishonest and dishonorable company. They pressure distributors to buy large packs but provide little practical training on how to retail the contents to make money. The owners blame their own bad decisions and constant failures on whichever executive staff member left most recently. The revolving door of staff exists because they abuse and mistreat their employees.

"Any self-respecting professional would stay clear of Seacret or Seacret Direct"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at SEACRET Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location. Wonderful view. Beautiful building. Super restaurants nearby.

Cons

Inexperienced and uneducated owners who make off the cuff, short-term decisions that negatively impact the financial viability of the company. Management and C-suite employees are a revolving door. Unethical owners pit employees, managers, and the C-Suite against each other.

You may consider employment here because of the displaced excitement of a challenge or a turnaround situation. This is neither. Seacret and Seacret Direct are dysfunctional and abusive. There is nothing to contribute or learn here.

Your professional credibility will be in jeopardy if you even talk to someone at Seacret or Seacret Direct. Their reputation is abysmal at best.

Note: any positive reviews on this site are from self-promoting distributors who have never worked for corporate.

Advice to Management

Shutter the company and go home.

"Consider this a warning"

Pros

- There are great people that work here. Relationships with coworkers is the glue that's holding this place together

Cons

- Poor benefits
    - Constant layoffs and cuts
    - Revolving door of executives
    - There is no strategic direction
    - Poor communication from CEO/partners and upper-level leadership
    - Founders are rarely in the office and seem very out of touch with the day-to-day goings on of the employees
    - Too many last minute decisions and changes, which causes people to have to work long hours and on weekends
    - Employees are never recognized for their hard work. At one "Employee Appreciation Dinner" in the fall of 2015, just after huge convention which saw a lot of people work long hours, one of the founders told employees in attendance that "they shouldn't be just 9-5 workers," implied that everyone needed to work harder.

Advice to Management

I have seen too many talented directors and executives come into this company with great ideas get chased out the door because the CEO didn't like that they wouldn't say what he wanted to here. The CEO wants "yes-men" to work for him, not necessarily people who do good things for the company.
    In addition, the CEO has a well-known reputation for yelling at mid-level management, which lowers morale and is passed on to employees.
    Though the company was founded in 2011, they did not implement any sort of budget until late 2015, laying a very weak foundation for business. As a result, there have been constant layoffs since December 2015.
    Finally, upper-level leadership gives in to the Cabinet way too much.

This is a company. It's a business. There are people who go to work here every day to provide for their families. This is not a party, though upper level leadership treat it like one.

"Know what you're getting in to"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at SEACRET Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The attitude among employees is awesome, made some great friends while there, cross-departmental. People are fun and have a great work ethic.

Cons

The company touts "we're family", but only if you are actually family or a distributor of the product, not for employees. The pay is ok; but always 'we don't have it right now' when it's time for reviews or promotions. The call center and IT pay is mostly right on with industry standards. In other positions, if you're deemed important enough, you'll get a better salary. The owners are family/family friends, and are entrepreneurs - not in touch with Western corporate culture. Be prepared to be demoralized and yelled at; mostly if you're an Exec. Calls at night and weekends (more yelling).The owners call the shots on everything, so Execs only have so much input. They also bring in top leaders in the industry and business, but then don't take the advice b/c it's not what they want (so nothing changes). The Execs either quit out of frustration or they're eventually fired.- read the other review on the loss of CFOs and Controllers. No extras for employees; no 401K nor FSA. Insurance is no better than Obamacare out of pocket.

Advice to Management

Make work for your direct reports as rewardable as possible and keep up with department morale boosters. Build your resume and get out!

"Lack in training, and set a bad example"

I worked at SEACRET Direct full-time

Pros

Have nothing to say here.

Cons

Lack of training, misleading to hire people

Advice to Management

Stand behind your people that do the day in an day out work.

"HORRIFIC COMPANY"

Former Employee - Office Worker At Seacret HQ in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Office Worker At Seacret HQ in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at SEACRET Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Seacret, you support the Israeli economy.

Cons

If you aren't a member of the Ben-Shabat family or a family friend, prepare to be treated like you are worthless. They are liars and thieves.

Advice to Management

Run. The government will catch you.

"it was awesome and then..."

Former Employee - Bronza Agent in Joppa, MD
    Former Employee - Bronza Agent in Joppa, MD

I worked at SEACRET Direct part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seacret worked out really well for me. We were having Spa parties every other day. We were working hard. The money was fair and was really nice as I was a stay at home mom at the time.

Cons

Greedy up line switched up my "downline". All checks stopped. It has awful. I am not sure why they moved my recruits but everyone quit because of it.

Advice to Management

Do not let people move other people. There was a 3 day grace period and that was fine. My people were moved a month after sign up There should be No exceptions. I really thought Seacret would be a life long career. Never again.