STI Computer Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Ted Itzkowitz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"It's Alright"

I have been working at STI Computer Services full-time

Pros

Relaxed attitude towards time off.
    Reasonable work expectations.
    Reasonable salary compensation.

Cons

Compartmentalized departments that have little to no management connecting them all, this causes lots of friction between departments and internally passing the blame. Problems that should have been quickly resolved with the work of two departments instead starts over from square one when one department "proves" the other is responsible for fixing the problem. This lack of internal communication is the root of almost all problems.

Advice to Management

Management structure needs to be completely redrawn to break down compartments and create a company that can work together better.

"Nice Small Company to Work for with Great People"

I worked at STI Computer Services full-time

Pros

STI is a smaller, privately owned company located outside King of Prussia. The office is business casual and there is a great work -life balance. The people are fantastic and make the place more like a family than actually going to work.

The software is very good and constantly evolving to meet certification changes. It can be challenging at times with some additional staffing needs but everyone works together to get the job done.

Cons

The only con is typical of the challenges faced by a small company. Little room for growth/career development and benefits are costlier than most places

Advice to Management

Continue to solicit feedback from employees as they are the ones experiencing the daily challenges of performing their job. Be open to constructive criticism.

3. "Support Specialist, QA, etc"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagleville, PA

I worked at STI Computer Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is fair for work that is expected.

Cons

Company is disorganized and behind the times with technology. Not sure how they will survive another 5 years. Many of the stakeholders are nearing retirement and are not forward thinkers.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, learn to use the system and understand current healthcare needs. Let employees attend professional workshops and obtain certifications.

4. "Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Eagleville, PA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Eagleville, PA

I worked at STI Computer Services (More than a year)

Pros

Well organized software development department using hybrid Agile / Scrum methodologies. Solid QA behind the developers. Open management style (for the most part).

Cons

Extensive use of antiquated C++/MFC technology in its legacy code base results in a high degree of technical debt in which a developer finds they are spending more time dancing around grenades duct taped to a motorcycle sidecar than being productive with modern technologies. Health benefits slashed dramatically in August 2015 (Thanks, Obama!).

5. "It's a job"

I have been working at STI Computer Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Casual dress and laid back environment.

Cons

Management is horrible, software is old and out dated, benefits and salary are horrible, no 401K match and there is no professional trained HR rep!

Advice to Management

Update the software, increase salary, better benefits, match 401K, and give employees more time off at holidays to spend with their families.

"OK"

I have been working at STI Computer Services full-time

Pros

Employees are friendly. Not over worked.

Cons

Management is disorganized and has no vision.

7. "Management is either horrible or clueless - or both."

Pros

Casual working environment? If you are into unprofessional, laid back work places.

Cons

Meetings. Lots and lots and lots of meetings. Meetings to make meetings. You'd think it was Xerox. Ok, that is unfair to Xerox, they MUST be more efficient.

Like process? Because there are all sorts of processes, unfortunately they are undocumented and apt to change on a whim - and many only exist in the minds of some managers.

Lots of football talk though. Year round. Hours a day. It's fun for all involved. Don't like football and actually want to do your job? Sucks to be you.

Very adept at remotely managing workers (that is sarcasm, btw). Good thing getting to know the employees isn't a priority. Because who really cares to do that?

Advice to Management

No thanks, they already know everything.

8. "It was good."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagleville, PA

Pros

Same pros that other people wrote about.
    There were some very loyal customers. Some even tried other software and come back to STI.
    I liked my manager.
    Most of the people were nice to work with. I don’t work there any more but I still have friends that I care about there. There were two people that left and came back to STI which tells you something. I needed to leave for other reasons but I recommend working there. In some ways it’s better than other companies I worked at.

Cons

They needed more people to work the phones.

Advice to Management

Don’t overload the good people. A couple people left because they were good and management dumped everything on them.
    It was hard to get help from other departments sometimes.

9. "It could be better but it's not that bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagleville, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagleville, PA

Pros

Casual dress. Most of the people are fun to work with and good at what they do. We’re not forced to work long hours all the time like I know other companies are and there haven’t been layoffs like other companies too. Modern technology (software) for the most part.

Cons

Benefits are bad. They are worse that most other companies. The software looks old and in some parts is very old and hard to work with. Even though the product is being modernized, it needs to go faster.
    Morale is lower than it could be. But there are some people that would be negative no matter where they worked. Those negative people find any reason to complain and that makes it much worse. If it was really that bad, why don’t they try to do something about it, accept it, or find something else they like to do like farming catfish or starting their own business. There are some people like me that go along and nod their heads in agreement with the complaints because they don’t want to be cast out of the group. The sad thing is the negative people think that constant complaining and writing on a website like this is going to change things. It just makes it worse for the rest of us. I understand the problems because I live through them too. If I keep getting told another project I’ve started is backburnered and there’s some other project that is mor eimportnat, I may just shoot myself. But a lot of companies are like that.

Advice to Management

What you see here isn’t just a reflection of a few bad apples. But also keep in mind it’s not the average view of all employees. Try to talk with people more so that even if you can’t do anything, they will understand you are trying. And turn up the heat. It's cold in the office this time of year.

"I like the people, but they are pretty unorganized"

Current Employee - Level I Help Desk Representative/In-House Trainer in Syracuse, NY

Pros

My co-workers are great. You enjoy a certain amount of freedom, and the pay is decent. It's a nice work environment in general. Light, casual attire, and it can be fun.

Cons

Management seems lost, very unorganized and backwards. HR Rep is HORRIBLE! Cheap! They don't even want to pay for computers that work! And they refuse to put money where it is needed. I really don't know how this company has gotten this far.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and TRAIN THEM....and keep training them!