STRATTEC Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Engineering Intern"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at STRATTEC (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment and friendly people

Cons

deadlines are extremely tight at times

"Just average..."

I have been working at STRATTEC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lot of very long term employees, with a lot of combined knowledge
    Stable employment
    Profit sharing plan was decent

Cons

Salary and benefits just average, co-pays -premiums rising for diminishing benefits
    Top heavy management
    Profit sharing plan has been gutted by dubious accounting

Advice to Management

Employee turnover is wasteful and expensive, work with people a little. Accountability is non-existent at all levels.

3. "Solid"

I have been working at STRATTEC full-time

Pros

Steady growth in a world recognized company

Cons

Hard to progress from middle management

Advice to Management

Make sure opportunities are presented to all management employees and clearly defined management structure is established

Jul 8, 2016 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your review and feedback!

4. "Alright so far"

I have been working at STRATTEC full-time

Pros

All right wage. all right benefits which you get the day you start, treat there people well.

Cons

Some union mentality where people are complacent and worry to much about what others do. They like to hire around April for non salary workers to not have to pay them vacation till after the next years July 1st. With right to work coming soon we will see how that affects everything. Management agreed to some of the same cuts to there benefits when slowdown happened as hourly workers but never implemented them.

Advice to Management

Pay scale is slipping to middle of the pack and to pay someone with 20+ years of experience the same as someone who has almost no experience is unsettling.

Apr 1, 2016 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback! STRATTEC is a unionized facility and our pay rates and benefits are set during contract negotiations. We do hire year round, please go to www.strattec.com to see our... More

5. "Good place to work"

I worked at STRATTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Friendly office culture
    -Promoted good work/life balance
    -Provided a number of opportunities to improve health/socialize etc
    -Takes care of employees

Cons

-Laid back culture can promote complacency
    -High volume co-op program can be draining on personnel who regularly are co-op supervisors

Advice to Management

Some departments could use a bit of a kick-start to improve their level of work output. Some employees have also been around too long in the same position, which seems to result in little to no improvement in areas.

6. "Tumbler"

Pros

Relaxed environment and dress code.

Cons

Gossipy, immature co-workers. High school cliques like.

Advice to Management

Reward dedicated employees

Sep 8, 2015 – HR Generalist

Thank you for the feedback. STRATTEC recently started a new recognition program for employees, which will help address your advice.

7. "Great Co-Op Experience"

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

The engineering co-op program at Strattec has been an incredibly valueable experience while still being enrolled in school. One of the biggest pluses is that you rotate between different departments and get a variety of experience while working with different people. Co-workers are friendly and helpful and there are also other co-ops to consult/learn from. Strattec pushes students to apply what they've learned in class and entrusts quite a lot of responsibilty to each making one feel part of the company. The program does provide plenty of experience students don't get from the classroom and overall it has been a great help to my career.

Cons

One of the only things I don't like very much is the fact that co-op terms to take place on school terms causing one to fall behind a bit. Even though the experience is well worth it and the case would be the same at a different co-op, it does effect schooling timeframes and scheduling. Other than that, as long as you ask for more work/responsibilty when you have down time, you will definitely learn a lot and have fun while doing so.

Advice to Management

It may be hard to implement with many different co-ops at different term positions, but possible make it more flexible as to when a term will take place or where the student can go to. Other than that, keep up the good work!

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at STRATTEC full-time

Pros

Get great experience in the global automotive industry. Given a good bit of responsibility and exposure to executives. Great bonus program when the company is doing well.

Cons

Not alot of cons. Sometimes working in the global industry can be challenging. Holiday days are a little less then other companies but I feel bonus structure is a little better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Look for ways to better structure the global teams.

9. "Challenging"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at STRATTEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a former engineering co-op, I was exposed to many aspects and departments within Strattec that allowed me to learn what type of mechanical engineering I was most interested in. I was exposed to test, manufacturing, product, and controls engineering over the course of three years. My experience allowed me to easily transition from a co-op role into a full time position within the company immediately after college. Great mentors, culture, challenging projects, and management make Strattec a great place to work.

Cons

Strattec is a global company and it can sometimes be a challenge to coordinate projects and meetings with different teams scattered across three continents with varying time zones. On the upside, this also allows for travel opportunities and great interactions between varying cultures.

10. "Great place to work. Would highly recommend."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at STRATTEC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro's of this company are the people and the opportunities. This company is very team-oriented. STRATTEC is not a hierarchical organization and they appreciates employee feedback. Many companies say that they do but STRATTEC makes an active effort to encourage employee feedback. In the lunch room there is a huge board that allows employees to give tips and advice. Every month the feedback is read and the ideas that are implemented are posted and those employees receive an award for helping the company improve. The company does a lot of employee events, there is a ping pong table in the lunch room to promote fitness, bike clubs, volunteering at food pantries and local high school for robotics etc. They also allow employees flex-time for appointments.

The CEO is very involved in the employees day-to-day and this is something that shows great leadership.

Cons

Small company. I consider this a pro because of the intimate environment and increased learning opportunities but some would consider this a con because there is not as much access to corporate training or big company perks.