Salsify Reviews

Updated Jan 27, 2021

4.2
Salsify CEO Jason Purcell
Jason Purcell
Pros
  • "good company culture, good work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• "Great company, great product - everyone is working towards the same goal(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with any high-growth company, there will be growing pains:(in 5 reviews)

• "This is a fast-paced and fast-changing environment that asks for a lot of flexibility from the team(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Disruptive vision, transformative space, big tailwinds"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Salsify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small company feel - everyone has an impact and a voice Big company plans - lots of growth potential Platform and solution executives want to invest in to drive e-commerce growth

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind.

January 26, 2021Software

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! So glad to hear of of your positive experience!

2. "Great culture, awesome product and passionate clients"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Salsify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is top notch, peers (cross-functionally) always willing to assist when needed, leading product in the space with few competitors that can solve the same end-to-end use case(s).

Cons

Still has a bit of immaturity with some internal processes, nothing serious.

January 26, 2021Software

Thank you so much for leaving such a thoughtful review. We certainly take value in listening to feedback!

3. "A company designed for success"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Salsify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Learning from seasoned SaaS executives who know what it takes to be successful -The product quality speaks for itself -Great people

Cons

-Work-life balance is tricky at times

January 4, 2021Software

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review!

4. "Great place to grow as an engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Co-Op in Boston, MA

I have been working at Salsify full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The team that I was placed on was exactly the experience I was looking for- an interesting product, a fantastic manager, opportunities to work with new technology. The engineering culture at Salsify is really fantastic and as a co-op, you start to feel like a real engineer pretty early on in the experience. - The remote situation threw me off initially, but Salsify really tried to make the most out of it. The new co-op program is a great start; we had fun events and got to work on a team project. - Good opportunities to learn and collaborate in cross team discussions- even in a remote setting. - There's not superiority complex to the managers or the senior devs. Everyone that Salsify hires is wonderful. I've had no negative experiences with anyone on my team.

Cons

- This may be a remote setting comment - it was hard to develop team relationships at first. Those casual conversations that you normally have in an office are gone. - If you need a lot of hand holding, this is not the place for you. No one is constantly checking in on you. I personally got used to this after a few months, but could be a con for some - I feel as though some of the executive team is getting a bit cagey about some topics. It's becoming apparent in some of the weekly meetings we have.

December 21, 2020Software

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your co-op experience with us! Our co-ops do such amazing work and we are so grateful to have such awesome student talent join our teams. Having such a distributed workforce is a new challenge for us and we sympathize with how difficult it can be to build relationships on remote teams. We are constantly brainstorming new ways to keep our teams connected. If you have any thoughts on how we can continue to improve here, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. -Salsify’s People Experience Team

5. "A Fast-Paced, Tech Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Salsify full-time

Pros

supportive, innovative, great compensation, excellent leadership, strong vision

Cons

If you aren't prepared to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment this will be a challenge

December 1, 2020Software

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

6. "Lots of learning opportunities"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Coop in Boston, MA

I worked at Salsify full-time

Pros

Various jobs function Exposure to different responsibilities Cool events for employees

Cons

Not really any cons for Salsify

November 18, 2020Software

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review!

7. COVID-19

"Culture falling by the wayside in the name of scale"

I have been working at Salsify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Product is excellent. When fit is good, customers find real value. Pandemic caused a permanent shift to distributed work model which is a pro for some. Compensation reasonable despite lack of structure around increases.

Cons

Starting to feel like a chimera in rush to compete with others in the space. Too much focus on new features and not enough on platform stability. Rush to scale means culture gets left behind. Work/life balance is out of whack as hiring can't catch up to demand. Leadership getting increasingly cagey and defensive about answering tough questions. No 401(k) match despite consistent asks by employees. Little room for growth. Constant reorgs create ever-changing expectations. Most leadership hired from outside. Pretty massive exec turnover in the last year. Health insurance benefits have gotten worse over time. Very little room for growth.

November 23, 2020Software

Hello. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We recognize that it is both a challenging and exciting time to be at Salsify. As we continue to scale at a rapid rate, we know there will be many growing pains along the way and that we won't always get it right the first time. One of our values is to be a positive thinker and to assume good intent. Our leadership team has had lengthy conversations about many of the topics you raised, and have moved forward in their decisions with great care and consideration. We have also tried to be thoughtful and transparent in providing context to the company with regard to those decisions. Our hope is to make Salsify an exciting and rewarding place to work for everyone. If you feel as though you need more communication and context to be happy and productive at work, I highly encourage you to reach out to your PX business partner, your department head, or to me directly - we would welcome any conversations or feedback that will help us achieve that goal. Thank you again for your review. Thanks, Colleen Fuller, CPO

"Cool company, but very political and nearly no career growth potential"

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Salsify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool office and "exciting trajectory," which probably isn't realistic to say anymore.

Cons

Management doesn't actually care about your overall career growth. They will stick you in the same position you were hired for and expect you to stay there (even while consistently blowing quotas out of the water). Compensation is low compares to the rest of the market, it's very political, and the culture is NOT the place it used to be years ago when it was actually exciting.

November 20, 2020Software

Hi there. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel as though your career growth has not been prioritized. One of our values is to be empowered; we believe in letting our employees take the lead in driving their own growth and development. With that said, we do recognize what a big role our managers play in performance, which is why we have spent the last year focused on manager training and support. I encourage you to reach out to your PX business partner or department leader to have a transparent conversation about your development. You can also feel free to reach out to me directly, I would love to hear more about your experience and how we can continue to support your growth at Salsify. Thanks, Colleen Fuller, CPO

9. "Risk of culture left behind in efforts to scale"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Boston, MA

I have been working at Salsify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, working at Salsify has been a positive experience. I am surrounded by smart, and motivated people everyday who work hard for the success of Salsify and our customers.

Cons

As the company has been focused on scale, the culture has been left behind. New management (especially at the exec level) are eager to make big changes without understanding the current culture/company/product. Internal orgs are hearing competing messages leading to a lot of tension.

November 2, 2020Software

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that overall you have had a positive experience at Salsify and have enjoyed working with your peers. As we continue to scale at a rapid rate, we accept that our fast-paced environment means that there will be many opportunities where we could do better. One of our values is to assume positive intent, so we know that our leaders have the best intentions when joining and scaling our teams. We will also be continuing to focus on how and when we communicate best with our employees. Thank you again for your candid feedback - we will use it to help us to keep our employees top of mind as we continue to grow and scale! - Salsify's People Experience Team

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 English Reviews