Score Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 14, 2019

3.9
Matt Widing

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "So much Support from everyone"

I worked at Score Marketing full-time

Pros

The one thing that sticks out the most from my time with this company is how much support I got from everyone, HR, management, my co workers, etc. From the very first day that I started, I was offered amazing training, mentor ship, and pretty much management was available almost 24/7 if there were any issues or questions that I had. I really never worked in an atmosphere like that before, and it really set a standard of what I will be looking for when I move forward with another company.

Cons

You are expected to put in some longer hours and hard work to reach your goals, but it really is worth every second!

Advice to Management

Please keep the teamwork aspect of this job, it is really important for people to feel supported and to bond inside and outside of work!

2. "Learning a lot"

I have been working at Score Marketing full-time

Pros

I am learning all different aspects of the business here, which I didn't think I would going into this position. I like that they teach a little bit of everything here because these are skills and tools that I can use inside and outside of work.

Cons

You have to be willing to put in the work and hours in order to succeed and make a name for yourself.

Advice to Management

The team nights are fun because it gives us a chance to bond outside of work.

3. "Great place with great people"

I have been working at Score Marketing full-time

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time here with this company. I have met a lot of great people, who are helpful as well as supportive. Management gives you their time, energy and endless support. They offer a great training program, where you learn all aspects of the business, as well as all of the new products. I was able to learn skills that I will be able to use inside and outside of work, which I find very valuable. I am very happy that I took the job and can't wait to see what else the future holds for me here!

Cons

There is a lot of time that goes in to learning and training in the beginning, but it really is to benefit you in the long run.

Advice to Management

I like how supportive you and the rest of the team are.

4. "You have to put in the work here"

I have been working at Score Marketing full-time

Pros

They really do try to set you up for success here, but the rest is in your hands. They provide training and education almost on a daily basis but once you have all of the information it is up to you to put in the hard work and make a name for yourself. Management is very supportive and gives you their undivided attention which is very helpful and motivating.

Cons

Be prepared to put in some hard work, and some longer hours in the beginning if you want to be successful here.

Advice to Management

I like that you are available to us all the of the time, and you never hesitate to pick up the phone or answer any of our questions. The support goes a really long way.

5. "Very flexible hours and good team environment"

I worked at Score Marketing full-time

Pros

Management is very understanding and laid back, easy to move up with production.

Cons

Was not the type of sales I wanted to get into but gained decent experience.

6. "Online Job Descriptions Aren't Accurate"

I worked at Score Marketing full-time

Pros

Team Building - nothing else appeared as a pro for me.

Cons

Online Job Descriptions FALSE. They strategically listed all different types of positions to get more people to apply because a lot of people quit. No matter what position you apply for, Event Marketing Specialist, Assistant Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator etc. the true job responsibility is the same - stand in stores like Walmart and try to get people to sign up for cable or something. Please, please be aware of this. There is nothing wrong with this type of work. I just don't think it right to mislead applicants. Now, I am expecting them to reply to this review claiming it's inaccurate, but that reply will be a lie. Apply for the any of their positions to land an interview and you will see.

Advice to Management

Make job listings more accurate.

7. "Eh"

I worked at Score Marketing full-time

Pros

Everything was great at that place

Cons

Nothing was really that bad

Advice to Management

None

Nov 19, 2018 – Administrator

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope that you find the position that best fits your career goals. We appreciate your honest review and look forward to always improving for... More

"Hidden Gem"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Score Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll never find a better management team to work for no matter how far and wide you look. They are supportive, understanding, caring, and a lot of fun! There isn't a day that I don't laugh at Score. After three years with the company, there is no day that is the same. With a continuous influx of new clients and projects, there is no stopping your growth opportunity here.

Cons

It is a high-energy atmosphere. So if you don't do well with that, then this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see more team events!

Nov 19, 2018 – Administrator

Thanks for the glowing review! We love to read positive feedback, it helps us gauge what we can continue to do to make our team successful and excited about coming in daily to grow in their careers.

"Fraud"

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Warrensville Heights, OH

I worked at Score Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this place

Cons

This is a pyramid Scheme

Advice to Management

You need to be more up front with what this job entails so you don't waste people's times

Oct 3, 2018 – Administrator

We are sorry that you have 100% the wrong impression of our company, and normally can read between the lines on a review. However, it is important to us to make sure all and future candidates know... More

"Watch out for empty promises please read all reviews and take caution if you are looking for a career."

I worked at Score Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned what to look out for in the future.
    I guess it could be a good company to start at if you are interested in sales but that’s really all.

Cons

I got a call from a recruiter who I don’t think even works for score which I realized after I was hired because I didn’t meet anyone else besides an admin, ceo, coo and sales team...I worked here for about 7 months honestly giving it my all, and I wish I had left earlier and learned that I wasn’t going to advance but they were really good at convincing you of growth. I started as an “entry level marketing whatever” and was promised advancement but you’re really just there until you don’t make enough sales and choose to leave... they told me I just had to get over the initial level to make it to the marketing part of the job (?) the highest level professional I saw here was still selling dtv in stores. I worked 6 days a week and after I was expected to spend time with the team, then there were the conference calls with people from other offices across the country. Matt was nice to the people who were good at selling dtv and seemed to only cared about the business not the people working for him. It wasn’t a typical office setting like I was told... spend days by myself in a store. The whole thing was pretty unprofessional and there was no reimbursement for gas after driving a lot. I cannot stress enough to ask questions and see truly get to know what you’re getting yourself into. The interview is a lot of information about the company thrown at you all at once and not really the company getting to know you or your goals. I understand a business wanting to do well, but I decided to leave a personal review bc I felt deceived by all of the glowing reviews on here and wanted people to know what my experience was.

Advice to Management

Be real about what your positions are.

Oct 2, 2018 – Administrator

We’re sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with us at Score and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. However, as you stressed above during the interview process we give... More