KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Senior Helpers Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2022

Found 435 of over 448 reviews

3.9
Senior Helpers CEO Peter Ross (no image)
Peter Ross
Pros
  • "Good pay and a flexible schedule(in 28 reviews)

• "Flexible schedules, no cold calls with new clients, good if not great communication between management and the caregivers in the field, good pay scale(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I cant think of anything they do a great job of getting there clients good caregivers(in 37 reviews)

• "No benefits available and lots of driving(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Senior Helpers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

I Recommend Senior Helpers to Anyone seeking an Career!!

Jan 1, 2022 - Caregiver, CNA in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Understanding, Kindhearted, Respectful of my wishes, Senior Helpers are trying there best to make Clients and Caregivers/CNA Comfortable not only in the homes but on the Distance too...

Cons

None so far since I've been working for em which only been a short time but I have No Cons to mention...

Marketing Director

We are so happy to hear that your time working with us is off to a good start. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for recommending us. We greatly appreciate you!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible hours good for supplemental income only

Jan 10, 2022 - RN Supervisor in Manalapan, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Initial assessments pay well followups do not $60 each every other month per assessment phone call required in between. Good prn job you can get done while kids are in school. Not enough $ on its own.

Cons

One month pays more than the next if your patients all get phone calls rather than assessments in 1 month the pay could be 25% of what you received the month prior. Low pay for in office work $25/hr at Manlapan location to train new CHHA’s.

Marketing Director

Thank you for your time with Senior Helpers. We appreciate your feedback and will relay your message. Feel free to reach out to us directly if you would like to further discuss anything.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Dec 15, 2021 - Caregiver in Westerville, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bosses r easy to talk to, good with flexibility, jobs close to home. Pay is better then most companies. Enjoy clients I’ve been match with on daily basis.

Cons

No not really. No job is perfect

Marketing Director

We are so happy to hear this and we thank you for being a part of our team.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good starter Job

Jan 14, 2022 - Home Health Aide in Ephrata, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The clients were kind Management was fine

Cons

Lack of jobs depending on area

Marketing Director

Thank you for being a part of the Senior Helpers team and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased that you are satisfied with your management and clientele. If you would like to discuss any further details on your employment with us please reach out anytime.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Communication

Jan 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great clients to really bond with.

Cons

Lack of communication to clients and low pay for so much travel.

Marketing Director

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are pleased to hear that you feel there is a great bond between caregivers and clients. We will be sure to relay your feedback on travel and communication. Thank you for being a part of the Senior Helpers.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Travel CNA

Nov 17, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Havertown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, excellent coordination between clients and staff. Although I had very little experience with wound care in the field one on one mentoring was always available.

Cons

Continuous phone calls up till 11 pm at night for next day shifts/frequent rearranging of client list for the day which meant extra travel but more pay. Also schedulers were from various states so no real idea about travel time to and from clients, no gas cards ect.

Continue reading

Marketing Director

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for your time with Senior Helpers. We value all feedback and will be sure to bring this to management's attention to ensure that improvements can be made in the scheduling area. Thanks again!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Better then a lot of home health companies around here.

Oct 4, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in St. George, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management communicates well, and has never yelled at me. They do yearly reviews which could get you a 25 cent raise. Flexible scheduling. I’ve never been denied or shamed for taking sick time.

Cons

High turnover resulting in under staffing (not unique to this place, most CNA’s move on to be nurses and they stop working during the school year or because pay is so low switching companies every few years is how you keep your pay up.) No insurance options.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Director

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for being a part of our Senior Helper's family. In regards to your schedule please speak with your office's management directly as we agree with you that we want you to be sure and have enough rest in a week as well. We are here to support you in any way we can. Thanks again!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nov 27, 2021 - Caregiver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great hours available. Wonderful people to work with in the office. Great clients. I enjoy working for Senior Helpers, there is always someone there to help you. This is the Best Company I have ever worked for. They always make you feel appreciated.

Cons

I wish I could be reimbursed for mileage to and from the clients house.

Marketing Director

Thank you, we are so pleased to read that Senior Helpers is the best company you have ever worked for and that there is always someone available to help you. We appreciate your feedback and your choosing to be a part of our team.

9. 5.0

Perfect

Dec 15, 2021 - Caregiver in Davis, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super efficient, good at making own schedule.

Cons

Not enough clients near by

Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to be able to place you with clients closer to you in the New Year.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful people to work with. Great clients.

Jan 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and clients and fulfilling work

Cons

Low pay low hours no benefits

Marketing Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Seeing that this is anonymous feedback, responding here is our only way to communicate with you. We invite you to email us directly to discuss this matter further, Shcommunications@seniorhelperscorp.com. Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 435 Reviews

Senior Helpers Reviews FAQs

76% of Senior Helpers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Senior Helpers 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Senior Helpers to be workplace, work life balance, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Senior Helpers Job Seekers