Senior Helpers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter Ross

Pros
  • They are very professional and considerate of their employees and clients (in 6 reviews)

• Fulfilling part time job for caregivers, pays competitive wages, well organized regionally and nationally, decent marketing tools (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • no benefits, have to take 5- 6 hours of state required tests on our time to continue working for them (in 13 reviews)

• very low pay, driving long distances (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great and flexible"

Current Employee - Caregiver, CNA in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Caregiver, CNA in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Senior Helpers part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Works with your schedule. allows you to maintain other jobs.

Cons

Lots of down time. Isn't really a job you can call in sick for.

Advice to Management

Perhaps have a back up caregiver to fill in?

2. "Lovely Company"

Current Employee - Senior Caregiver in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Caregiver in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Senior Helpers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The administrative staff is the best! They are helpful and always kind. They communicate well, too. The clientele is quite a range of senior citizens but they can be kind as well. Variable shift schedule is good for people already working a full or part time job and want some extra cash.

Cons

It may take some time to get a regular shift schedule or 25+ hours per week. Sometimes they mismatch you with a client, you just have to ask about what the client needs before agreeing to a shift. Don't pay a ton, but it's good for just keeping someone company and helping with a few ADL's.

3. "Not worth it"

Former Employee - Caregiver
    Former Employee - Caregiver

I worked at Senior Helpers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a pleasure to help seniors who need you

Cons

Mismanagement, low pay, no communication, no TRAINING, they state on the webpage and literature that caregivers are First Aid/CPR trained, Lie. Employees have to pay for all background, drug, and testing. Senior Helpers bounces caregivers around to different clients which confuses clients. I was supposed to be relieved and never was working over time and not getting paid however, client was charged DOUBLE. Do not use this agency if you want quality care.

Advice to Management

Step into your caregivers shoes for a few days. And take their pay.

5. "Home Heath Aide"

I have been working at Senior Helpers full-time

Pros

I have been with this company for almost 4 years this year. I have loved working with everyone in both the Cleveland and Akron Ohio offices. I have especially loved the clients that they have given me. In my honest opinion, there isn't a more rewarding job that makes you feel good about the work that you do. It is not work for me, its my JOY!

Cons

NO cons, just high praise for the teams that work together that provide a wonderful service to their clients.

Advice to Management

I think it might do well for them to teach STNA skills to every new person whether or not they've been trained. The kids that they hire who have never done this kind of work before but want to try it, need to learn the proper skills on how to transfer clients from point A to Point B without injury to either themselves or the client.

6. "Home Health Aide"

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Senior Helpers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job. Being able to care for clients in the comfort of their own homes couldn't be anymore rewarding. You develop such a bond and close relationship with the clients and their families. I feel like family and did I forget to mention the office staff are amazing!! They are very professional and considerate of their employees and clients. If you're uncomfortable with an assignment for any reason, they are willing to work with you to ensure you and your clients are comfortable!

Cons

I have no issues with this company. Pay could be a little higher, but overall it's an amazing company.

Advice to Management

Continue to do the good work that you provide for clients, families, and caregivers!

7. "Terrible company"

Former Employee - Care Taker in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Care Taker in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Senior Helpers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no reason to work for them.

Cons

Everything about this company is TERRIBLE!!!

Advice to Management

Stop being racist!!!

8. "tried to get on full time, no, they are hiring at a higher wage. then I'm getting after 5 years. .."

Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at Senior Helpers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

clients, flexible hours, not much else

Cons

they charge clients to much, different amounts for same service. no benefits, have to take 5- 6 hours of state required tests on our time to continue working for them. NO PAY, have to pay ur gas to shuttle between clients during day unless you have to drive e more than 25 miles to client, then will pay .50 per mile AFTER 25TH MILE, so spend 10 for gas to makee 20 at client

Advice to Management

pad you pockets as you have been, as you will lose good people and the clients will suffer

9. "A wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Caregiver
    Current Employee - Caregiver

Pros

The owners care about clients and employees.
    I highly recommend this company.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

10. "Caregiver"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Murfreesboro, TN

Pros

Great place to work if you enjoy caring for others. Flexible schedules, good job for students, good pay for part time job.

Cons

I can't say that there is anything bad I have experienced with the company.

Advice to Management

Praise the scheduler "Breonna" in the office for a job well done. I know this position must be stressful at times let's recognize the entire staff in Murfreesboro, Tn. You're the best!!!

11. "Bad management and training"

Former Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Senior Helpers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally the people are good and they care about their employees and clients. The culture is laid back and team oriented.

Cons

Prepare to receive as little training as possible. Management has no form of structure whatsoever, and there is no consistency with policies. Everyone has their own idea of what is priority and what is right. You can work as hard and as best you can, but your job is more based on luck than anything else.

Advice to Management

Don't swear at your employees when there are problems. Learn to be professional. Follow policies even when you're busy.