Service Express Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.6
Service Express President Ron Alvesteffer (no image)
Ron Alvesteffer
Pros
  • "Fourth would be the Work/Life Balance(in 10 reviews)

• "It really cares about you as the individual and it focuses on your personal professional and financial goals(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing company, but very political and competitive(in 5 reviews)

• "Although the interview process was lengthy, it helped to get to know so much about the company and the people before you started(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Feb 23, 2021 - Field Service Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Place to work. Love the culture and the people from top to bottom are even better. Would recommend Service Express to everyone I know.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

They put their employees first, end of story.

May 7, 2021 - Product Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for Advancement Work/Life Balance Growing company Culture

Cons

Nothing to mention at this time.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that stands by it's employees

May 11, 2021 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and great growth opportunity!

Cons

Some of the stand alone offices do not echo the splendid culture that the corporate home office in Grand Rapids prides itself in partly due to outside hires from other companies.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

What happened to professional Management?

Apr 1, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Local Engineering Staff, commission payouts

Cons

Sales Management, Regional Sales Mangers - Colorado and Texas. I have never worked for an organization that promoted all of the wrong people. Sales VP Management is non-existent. Regional Sales management is unaware of the market. Turnover is out of control, just look at the career page on company page. Rocky Mountain management is lacking. Dont wear your "Client First" hats, don't do your funky hair days, I dont care how much beer/seltzers you drank over the weekend and dont care to see your floating keg pics. Dallas Management has been a joke....Western VP's have no idea how to sell in IT..."can I upgrade you to a midsize?'....."What about the insurance plan?"... If you are a professional sales executive, stay far away....Culture is a joke outside of Corporate. You had a great past, new management has killed morale. Sales VP's disguise their concern over fired employees to a pipeline review.

1 person found this review helpful

Service Express Response

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. As a high growth company, we know things are changing quickly as we continue to evolve and innovate. We are committed to hiring and promoting talent on our teams that align with our core value and purpose. Service Express has developed extensive sales training, with our Ascend Sales Academy, to meet people where they are in their learning journey. We continue to put our people first and focus on helping them achieve their goals, while staying focused on providing the best experience for our customers, partners and employees. We appreciate your comments and always use feedback as a way to grow and evolve daily.

5. 5.0

Great culture and advancement

Apr 17, 2021 - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

company is growing, lots of room for advancement at HQ or branches

Cons

growing pains associated with acquiring companies

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Legacy software and bad software development culture

Apr 27, 2021 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Management took time to listen to problems - It seems like outside of software there might be some areas of the business that have a good culture

Cons

- Lack of technical direction - Legacy software with deep rooted problems - Poor technical leadership - Constant focus on quick wins - Blame individuals for systemic problems - Spent 50% of my time running SQL updates to get people unstuck - Benefits were not good relative to other companies

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Top notch recruiting process and team!

Feb 1, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really loved my time with the Talent Acquisition team! I learned a lot and felt like my career mattered to everyone on the team. I was able to work with them for three years before being promoted into another role. I have very positive things to say about our recruiting process and my time working with our recruiting team.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say. Each day they find ways to improve and work very hard to ensure we are hiring the right people.

Service Express Response

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We value the time our candidates put into interviewing at Service Express and know finding a career path is extremely personal and important. We want it to be the right fit and that is why we continue to use our unique six-step interviewing process to give our candidates the opportunity to get know us, while we also learn about their background and passions. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication at Service Express and for growing your career with us!

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Feb 23, 2021 - Hardware Sales Associate in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent leadership, growth, opportunity, and great people that I consider some of my best friends.

Cons

Fast growth not for everyone

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

"SDR - Sales Development Representative"

Feb 9, 2021 - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

PHENOMENAL team atmosphere, great leadership, extremely transparent, consistent commission opportunities and set up for success. You have the ability to make a lot of money, they give you the tools and training to do extremely well. If you focus on driving results you will be rewarded.

Cons

It's sales, high volume of cold calling.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Feb 16, 2021 - Chief Operating Officer in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great positive culture, always growing and new opportunities are created to grow your career

Cons

I can't think of a negative

Viewing 1 - 10 of 102 Reviews