KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Service Express and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great Place to work!

Feb 16, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unbelievable culture. Leadership actually cares about you and pushes you to grow. No shortage of opportunity.

Cons

No true cons to working at service express.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Great Place to Work

May 13, 2022 - Lead Field Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Service Express for 15 years and it has been the best Job I ever had.

Cons

I wished I found Service Express earlier in my Career.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Welcome to the Friction: A Company in Cultural Identity Crisis

May 14, 2022 - Tech Sales Enablement Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A decent place to start your career (hello, new college grads) - Across departments, some truly talented and high-performing people can be found... but typically not in leadership roles and those who remain are overwhelmingly steadfastly looking at and weighing their options - Some teams have remote &/or hybrid work options - Service truly is phenomenal (engineering team)

Cons

The organization I thought I joined just under five years ago doesn't exist-- maybe it never did. Most wonder about "drinking the Kool-Aid" and toss around uncomfortable jokes questioning, "is this a cult?" There's a reason the threshold for most Service Express employees past and present hovers around 2 years. Reporting up through Marketing in one role and Sales in another, the opportunities I've had to build relationships with and support colleagues across the business regardless of department or team has opened my eyes to what I can now unquestioningly refer to as a Company Identity Crisis. What does Service Express mean when it refers to "culture"? How are leaders held accountable? Why did the company force teams to complete Feedback360 reviews for their leaders? Did anything come of these? And what about those Pulse surveys? Endless "thank you for participating" trophy messaging around the company, but no real action and no transparency I've seen with any of these survey or feedback moments. Why does SR5+ exist if most leaders see it as a checklist and put little to no effort into helping their teams create ROIs, check in on and support 5/15s and get intentional around supporting and driving Vision goals? Why are only leader-identified "top performers" asked to provide a number from 1 - 10 of their likelihood of leaving the company within the year? From those I've spoken with across departments and teams, this only served to spark greater efforts to leave (many already have -- overwhelmingly women and other "minority" groups). Forcing employees to come into the office will only push the top performing, most talented and experienced employees out the door to better work/life balance and significantly larger paychecks; the exodus will continue to be very real and permeate every team and department. The unchecked power of the C-Suite is alarming. The CRO alone has brought in no fewer than four employees (of whom I'm aware) who have made little to no positive impact or demonstrable, measurable improvements to the organization; quite the opposite. When a CXO brings folks to a leader and says, "interview them," it most certainly means "hire them." In the case of my most recent team, it meant replace my direct leader with one of these. Completing SR5+ on a monthly basis has been addressed almost exclusively as "get this done so [we/I] don't get yelled at by Ron (CEO)," and not because it should be the team's focus and how it demonstrates measurable impact as an Enablement function. The friction across my team overwhelmingly due to having two leaders for nearly two years became intolerable. These leaders failed to communicate with one another, often providing mixed messaging and exclusion rather than inclusion across the team as the rule. Lack of psychological safety is inevitable in circumstances as this, as becomes trust across a (small)team. While attempting in numerous different settings and calls where my goal was to identify team member roles and responsibilities, it'd end in my receiving red-faced shouting and being termed "passive aggressive" in front of the team. No clarity was ever achieved on the topic of how to run fast and work smarter together -- just unclear and overlapping roles and responsibilities in any project. It was enough to drive a person mad. This team has no place attempting to hold sales leaders accountable for coaching when the Enablement team and the CRO leading the function don't engage in coaching. Marketing got carried away with referring to the organization as One Team... not much could be further from the truth, where the divide between Marketing and Sales alone continues to widen and strengthen and gaining traction with line of sight or inclusion into company-"wide" software and practices with European counterparts moves further and further away. Why is Sales Development a Marketing function? If the majority of former/current/future SDRs are meant to grow into selling roles, the lack of alignment between Marketing and Sales is only going to continue driving this company into the ground. In fact, the BHAG of 250 Mill by 2025 seems the yoke the private equity firm saddled everyone with, regardless of systems in place to support it. It's my view that the Exec Leadership Team intends to cash in when the tenure is up for the current equity firm, leaving those who remain in a shambles of a business... awaiting to be acquired by a bigger fish or left to fend for themselves. The business has lost sight of what it "says" it is and the promise of what it once was. Finally, the lack of inclusion and intentionality across the company with diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives is alarming. Look around. How many bald(ing), CIS-gender, white Evangelist men do you see in leadership roles? Look at the Service and Sales webcasts. Look at any all-hands/bi-annual state of the business meeting. That will save you the experiences I've had of blatant misogynistic comments, treatment, lack of support or opportunities offered me in tandem with vision goals and this will help tell the story of why so many top performing women/PoC and related have abandoned the myth of Service Express just over the last year. Trust, emotional and psychological safety have not existed for me at this company for a lont time. I made a commitment to myself to search for and welcome my next growth opportunity with an organization COMMITTED to equity, trust, inclusion and a commitment to learning. A few months ago, I'd been directed that if I ever left the company, not to write a "scorched Earth" review on Glassdoor. It felt like a veiled threat; it was not an invitation to discuss the ongoing friction or how to partner on a resoution. It was a cry for mercy. I'm attempting to demonstrate mercy to others, not to preserve the status quo of a broken organization. If you're still at SE and you're repeatedly being told "the grass isn't always greener" if you consider leaving, know that you're being gaslit. This is no way to spend a significant chunk of every day, week, month or year of your life. You deserve better.

6 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for.

Apr 14, 2022 - Senior Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been in sales for over 15 years. Service Express is the best company with the best service offering I have worked for. They genuinely care about their employees and customers. Makes for a great work environment.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lots of opportunity but a dying culture due to poor leadership.

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company which results in ample opportunity. Flexibility - Can WFH.

Cons

Leaders do not appear to be acting on company wide feedback. Culture is now taking a back seat to company growth.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Culture and Growth

Jan 31, 2022 - SMB Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started as an SDR at Service Express and from the start leadership was putting me into a position to grow and learn. The job is made easier by the tools that are given for cold calling and account build out Leadership will always make an effort to accommodate your work schedule when personal life matters arise Commission structure is strong combined with a competitive base. Plus, as good amount of PTO provided Everyone here is willing to lend a helping hand and that culture is created from the top down

Cons

The SDR role is cold calling which is never fun As the organization grows there have been pains around territory shifts and projects

7. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Apr 14, 2022 - SDR Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work, life balance is great ability to grow personally

Cons

the pay could be better.

8. 5.0

Great company

Apr 12, 2022 - Senior Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility and internal resources to grow. High growth organization

Cons

Not much - employer match could be better.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Disappointed, frustrated, burnt out

Nov 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A group of great people - Work variety

Cons

- Working people until they have nothing left to give (both inside and outside of work) - Company strategy is not well thought out or communicated from the top down (besides the goal of 500M, but HOW?) - Told to find solutions when issues arise, but solutions are ignored when presented - Teams are growing but there is no plan for structure so people are left with no clear answer to who their leader is - Understaffed and asked to do more and more with no support to make decisions because ELT members want the final say on everything big and small - Several new hires were promised growth, flexibility, upper mobility, and more just for it to not be reciprocated - Vision talks go nowhere. - 3% raise if you are lucky when inflation is currently around 6% in the U.S.

12 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company, Amazing Culture

Apr 1, 2022 - Support Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the flexible work environment, and the opportunity to do something I love!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 172 Reviews

Service Express Reviews FAQs

Service Express has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 178 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Service Express to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Service Express employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Service Express. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

80% of Service Express employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Service Express 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Service Express to be management, career development, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits.

Popular Careers with Service Express Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Service Express? Share Your Experiences

Service Express Careers

Cover image for Service Express

People Join Cultures, Not Companies At Service Express, we know that finding the right people to join our team is essential to our...More

• Benefits

Company Updates

84 days ago

Employee Story
After realizing she couldn't find the 'perfect' home in the current housing market, Jamie and her husband decided to take on a few home renovation projects. They spent 11 years in their last house, so Jamie says, "When we got a fresh start in a new house, I really wanted to get started on making it feel like ours." Last summer, they purchased a house that checked their small list of non-negotiables, and they were ready to change what they didn't love about the home. They struggled to find a reliable contractor, pushing them to do more of the work themselves than they had anticipated. They spent a lot of time at home last year due to the shutdown, motivating them to make progress together during that time. This year, they added a pergola with a bar top and painted the home's entire exterior. The process was messy, and it took longer than expected, but they've had fun learning along the way. They've lived there for a year and a half and continue to find more things they want to do. Great work accomplishing your #peoplepoweredgoal Jamie!
Shared image

102 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Black History Month, is a time to reflect, remember and learn about those who came before us. We would not be where we are today without the incredible and brave individuals who helped pave the way for change.
Shared image

Service Express Photos

+ Add Photo
Service Express photo of: Service Express, Inc (SEI) has been named one of Entrepreneur's Top 25 Best Large-Company Cultures in 2015!
Service Express photo of: Creative Team Music Session
Service Express photo of: Girls on Talent Acquisition team!
Service Express photo of: playing hacky sack
Service Express photo of: Ice Cream Day!
Service Express photo of: Rev Ops Team Volunteering at Habitat for Humanity