KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people, interesting problems to work on, and I am happy to be a part of what they are building.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Great culture and hands(in 5 reviews)
  • "Shield AI has build a team of really talented individuals who are not only great at what they do, but also kind and generous teammates.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Leadership is engaged, accessible, and motivating(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to build a career

Jun 23, 2022 - Senior Director Engineering in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-high autonomy -rapid career growth, promotion, responsibility, technical capability -amazing people, supportive culture

Cons

-there are a lot of technical challenges

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company!!!

May 3, 2022 - Program Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing mission and values Exceptionally talented coworkers Flexible work arrangements/schedule Cutting edge technology and products

Cons

Not really a con, but we are growing at a fast pace which is actually great for everyone.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Terrific company (and team) to be a part of

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture and hands-on work with some of the brightest minds in the business - Leadership is engaged, accessible, and motivating - Exciting and innovative products and projects to be involved in - Teamwork - employees from the top down are committed to the company, our work, and to each other

Cons

- Growing pains in developing processes and procedures (as to be expected), as the company scales in size

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

World-class teammates who bring out the best in you and put the team before themselves

Apr 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Talented, intelligent, driven teammates - Learn everyday, solve very hard problems - High energy environment - Everyone pushed to think critically and differently - Make a huge positive impact - On path to be deca-corn (10x unicorn)

Cons

- The challenge is not for everybody - Wins can't often be publicly discussed because of customer sensitivities (our products are used on operations that are classified)

1 person found this review helpful

Shield AI Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Shield AI, we certainly agree that we have exceptional teammates that are very talented. We take our mission of protecting service members very seriously, and we challenge ourselves to ensure we are able to achieve that mission. One of the best things about working at Shield AI, is the dedication of our employees to achieving that mission.

5. 5.0

Incredible Company

Apr 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredible Culture a company that honestly takes care of its people - Amazing People to work with - Awesome technology making a huge difference in our National Security - The best in Class

Cons

I haven't found any yet

6. 5.0

Incredible Team, Inspiring Mission, Hard Work

Apr 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are amazing and the work and mission is inspiring. I've worked at several large tech companies but this is the first time where at the end of the day, if I take a step back, I feel incredibly proud about the problem I'm helping solve.

Cons

We're working on solving incredibly hard problems. It's hard work - but the wins feel amazing b/c you immediately see how they connect with warfighters. Typical growing pains in very fast growing company, be comfortable wearing multiple hats.

7. 5.0

Great Work/Life Balance

Apr 14, 2022 - Senior Video Editor in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to split time between working at home, on the road, and in the office. Wonderful travel perks. Exciting and life-changing opportunity to build equity in a promising company and industry. Ability to move up quickly within the organization. Work with some of the most intelligent people on the planet. Really FUN co-workers. Down the block from PetCo Park, San Diego Bay, Ocean Beach, and a water taxi ride away from Cornado Island. A mission that is second to none. Generous bonus and equity structure.

Cons

Growing pains of a quickly expanding company. Teams around the world can create meeting times which can be early, but usually frees up the afternoons.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Blessed to be apart of this incredible company

Apr 14, 2022 - Business Development in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Shield is an upbeat amazing place to work. We grind hard with the end goal insight to the be the best AI company IN THE WORLD. We look for the best, because we are the best. The Company listens to its employees. It hears you and makes course corrections if there needs to be any. They are extremely competitive with their compensation and benefit plans. Everyone is motivated to be in a ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT, LETS GO atmosphere. From San Diego, to Dallas, to Washington DC and even at our International Office in Abu Dhabi, we all pull in the same direction helping each other out to Get It Done! When you're here, you're going to be proud to wear the SHIELD. We do this for the Warfighter and we do this For America. Join us. You won't regret it.

Cons

SHIELD is exploding. With Growth comes challenges. But thats every Explosive Growth company. It's a good problem to have! We know it and we work it together everyday creating new efficient SOPs together to MOVE FAST!

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ambitious But Lacks Organizational

Apr 6, 2022 - Product Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Snacks and Drinks, Great HR team

Cons

Lack of Discipline in understanding market needs, leadership struggles to drive strategy to execution

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic

Apr 10, 2022 - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission and some great people that care about the mission.

Cons

Executives pushing employees back to office, while a couple execs are 100% remote which is hypocritical and not current thinking in terms of the competitive situation. CEO and Execs lecture, rather than inspire and don’t listen or care about employee opinions. Company will lose people with this mandate.

1 person found this review helpful

Shield AI Response

Thank you for your time in providing your feedback, we appreciate it. We continue to be thoughtful about our approach as we bring employees together in-office, in meaningful and collaborative ways. Our employees are our priority and we will continue our approach of trusting our employees to do what is right for the company. We understand and support the complex diversity of needs, and support one another, consistent with our values.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews

Shield AI Reviews FAQs

Shield AI has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 50 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Shield AI to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Shield AI employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Shield AI. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

81% of Shield AI employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shield AI 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Shield AI to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Shield AI Job Seekers