Shipt Reviews

3.9
Shipt CEO Kelly Caruso
Kelly Caruso
Pros
Cons
  • "senior shoppers bullying or drama efforts to have you dropped(in 138 reviews)

• "Paying for gas, wear and tear on vehicle if picking up jobs in different areas(in 44 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"After 18 years of stunted growth in this industry, I came to Shipt and was given the room to stretch my legs."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Shipt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Trust. This is number one. Companies talk about it. Books say it. You're told you'll get it. Shipt lives it. I've worked enough places to see what real trust is and while I was told I was a trusted employee, I was never given the room to actually live that out. At Shipt, I was given the room and autonomy to let my passion go at full blast without fear of failure and I had leadership there to help direct it. It wasn't just about the level of access that you get to everything when you walk in the door. The trust was extended immediately by allowing me to take my ideas and go with them. If they worked, great. If not, it was used to learn from so that I could become better. No punishment for failure. This is how real growth occurs and it has to be a part of the culture for it to truly work. They look for what matters in talent which is character and your propensity to learn. It's not about how amazing your technical chops are. Culture. I have read and studied on workplace cultures for most of my career. I have also tried many times to implement them in the places I've been and have largely been unsuccessful. Shipt is the first place I've been that lives it end to end. We meet a lot on what we can do to preserve what we have and how we can make it better. They fight the good fight because it's the culture that got Shipt where it is. Compensation. It's good and we've got leadership in place that stands very firmly on keeping it that way. Perks. With multiple grocery deliveries a day, office managers that wait on you hand and foot, a sweet Target discount and another good one on your groceries, what else do you need?

Cons

Shipt is still new and in the Silicon Valley landscape, not a lot is known about the company which makes it hard to compete for talent. Communication between departments is lacking and I think it is due to the tools they use to communicate. It can be difficult to know what other areas are doing. I don't love how OKRs are done. It creates a lot of division between the different areas of the company. It also creates a space where you can easily forget the core vision, what we're all here for and that we're all here for the same reason. In other words, it can create a CYA culture.

December 9, 2019Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad that are enjoying being on our team, We work very hard to put people first and allow people to be autonomous in their positions. We are also very proud of offering competitive benefits and compensation packages. We are also eager to continue to improve communication lines and cross collaboration.

2. "Responsible for excellent customer service to maintain partner relationships and solve problems"

Former Employee - Flex Team Member in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Shipt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment with in-office perks and great community

Cons

Talent retention is not a top priority and extremely slow to promote

June 24, 2020Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We agree that while we do have a fun office, the community we have created at Shipt is unmatched. We are continually looking for ways to prepare people for the next step in their careers by offering different shadow opportunities, professional development and Mentorshipts! We are also very excited that our new learning and development tool has launched for all team members!

3. "I enjoy working here"

4.0
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Shipt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Free lunch on Fridays, Flexible schedule, HR and a CEO who are passionate and care about change.

Cons

Many managers hire friends and it's often hard to get promoted

4. "Decent Job, Difficult Circumstances"

Former Employee - Experience Team Member in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Shipt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work culture, good pay

Cons

Very limited training and communication, difficult working circumstances due to overload of customer lines and shopper lines

Continue reading
  5. "A place where conservatives are discriminated against."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Shipt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility of scheduling, friday lunches and food, etc

Cons

As a conservative in Birmingham, do not plan on fitting in with the far leaning Liberal Agenda that is pushed from everybody including the CEO. If you do not agree, you are outcast heavily.

July 1, 2020Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! Shipt has always been a company that values diversity, including diversity of thought. Our leaders are committed and passionate about making sure that all team members feel welcome and supported. Shipt is also an equal opportunity employer that consistently maintains a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation. These efforts also include an Integrity Hotline available to all employees to anonymously report any alleged discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or other concerns.

6. "Keep putting people first!"

Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Shipt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture is amazing and the experiences we give to people are heartwarming.

Cons

Could be some more transparency around pay and job level requirements for raises.

April 22, 2020Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We agree that the experiences we are able to offer our shoppers and members can be truly heartwarming. We are always looking for ways to continually keep our lines of communication open and efficient, especially around professional development and growth opportunities.

7. "Love working here!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Shipt full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Strong design leadership - A team of amazing designers, UX researchers, and content strategists that all truly collaborate well, shares knowledge/skills, and provides constructive feedback to each other - Designers are truly partners of product managers. This is not an environment where PMs just dish out orders and decide what the feature will be. Designers are involved at a strategy level and we help shape the product, it's not mandated by executives or business stakeholders - Engineers are collaborative, interested, and hard working. No divas or "my way or the high way" personalities - Office team does an amazing job with upkeep on perks in the office and coming up with fun activities - Recruiters, hiring managers, the whole interview process was done so well -- you can see that they really respect people and only do things that they believe has a purpose for a successful interview (for the interviewee and the interviewer to be able to make a decision by the end of it). From this, I could tell the people and the culture would be great, and I was right :) - People in the Product team (which includes Design) all really care about our users. People voice their opinion when they disagree with how something is being handled and they become good discussions. Of course, doesn't always mean the decision will be reversed, but you'll feel safe/free to speak up and debate. - It's amazing how when I first joined, there were many fundamental features being discussed that needed improving, and only 4 months later, practically every single one of them is being worked on right now - either being tested in select markets or are being rolled out after successful tests and careful measures. Even if it's just incremental improvements, it's good to see that all these issues are being addressed. It makes me feel like people here walk the walk and not just talk the talk. - I experience and witness very little politics. Can't speak for other teams or other levels.

Cons

- For some reason we don't get most of the usual public holidays off, like MLK, President's day, etc. I think it's because of adhering to corporate policies (Target). Anyway, we do have unlimited PTO so we could just take it off, but it kind of sucks that it's counted towards our overall PTO since some people have a harder time proactively requesting days off. - We have just recently hired and built out the design team so we're just getting ramped up with all these new features and improvements. Even though we're moving pretty fast, it seems there are so many things we can fix/improve just to get the basics right. It's a little disheartening to see users having a negative experience and hard not to wish we'd have addressed them sooner (like not being able to cancel membership).

April 22, 2020Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! Our team members are at the heart of what Shipt does and we will continue to maintain and foster the culture we have within the company! We are certainly scaling rapidly and are happy you are able to see improvements and new features rolled out quickly and carefully!

8. "Great Company, Terrible Job"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Shipt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, Perks, Benefits, Flexible-ish schedule, Movement opportunities

Cons

Very weird hours, Talking with people about their petty problems, Workspace is dusty and dirty

February 3, 2020Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We agree that the perks and benefits are pretty awesome! We are also very supportive of internal promotions and work very hard to give team members the option to grow and develop.

9. "Overall Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Shipt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, consistency, great people, great management, a lot of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Scheduling can be a bit overwhelming at times, but it's nice to have a 40 hour work week regardless. Sometimes it's hard to be patient with people on the phone, and management expects you to hold your tongue with people who can be extremely rude.

February 3, 2020Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our benefits, the management team, and our team! We are very proud of the internal opportunities that are also offered for advancement and Mentorshipt! We also know how vital our Communications Team is to the company's success and appreciate everyone's hard work during a non-traditional schedule sometimes.

"?"

Former Employee - X-Team in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Shipt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, Dog Fridays, Work/Life Balance

Cons

Point system, Internal Tools were dated

February 3, 2020Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We agree that our culture, work life balance, and of course dog Fridays are great perks for working at Shipt. But we also know that our people are the heartbeat of the company and what drives our success!

Found 63 reviews