KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sift Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2022

Found 105 of over 110 reviews

4.2
Sift CEO Jason Tan (no image)
Jason Tan

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Most of the employees at lower levels of the company are truly great people.(in 20 reviews)
  • "+ Great culture(in 14 reviews)
  • "Decent benefits.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Kind managers and a brilliant team with a well(in 6 reviews)
  • "The current leadership team is very well equipped to grow the business.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work, nice people here!

Aug 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place, nice and smart people work together.

Cons

Current did not see anything bad

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stellar leadership, serious commitment to DEIB

Mar 17, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility First philosophy. Work from where you want. Offices are slowly opening, but no requirement to go in. We hire around the world, so many employees do not live near a physical office. Serious commitment to supporting intentional distributed / remote work practices. The values are not just words on the website. Sift is a true learning organization that allows employees to experiment and even fail as long as we have an Ever Better mindset where we work together to learn from mistakes and grow together. I keep pinching myself wondering when the other shoe will drop. This company is so supportive of employees in many, many ways. There is a high level of trust and psychological safety. DEI is a huge focus. 56% of the executive team are women. Two board members are women. 50% of people managers are women. The recruiting team very intentionally builds diverse pipelines of candidates and the leadership team truly believes that all types of diversity makes us better as a business. This is a safe space. People share that they can be their authentic selves at work. Leaders are highly transparent and great communicators. There are many people whose job it is to support building employee community which helps us connect with each other across the world in really intentional ways. Employee engagement scores are off the charts.

Cons

Some key supporting functions are being built out so it will take some time to move to the next phase as a company. But the building blocks are in place and progress being made.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

good company

Aug 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- transparent leadership - really good mission - great people

Cons

- commitment to strategy can vary

4. 5.0

Great Company

Jul 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, amazing people to work with.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to get stuff done efficiently

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review

Aug 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule Great co-workers, win as one team Benefits and incentives

Cons

Compensation is not where it needs to be

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Strong culture and great people, upper management is mid

Aug 4, 2022 - Technical Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great community of employees who care about the company and work collaboratively.

Cons

Upper management has had tons of turnover and is disconnected.

7. 5.0

Great Company

May 27, 2022 - Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working with my team and the possibilities that exist to grow within the company.

Cons

Sift is currently going through restructuring of the Leadership team. A big shake-up to get us to the next level. Also, Sift does not do a 401k match. Other than that, I can't think of anything negative.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly Culture, Dubious Products

Jun 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is a friendly one.

Cons

There's little organizational support. Lack of expertise amongst leadership. Product claims don't seem to be on track with what is actually available. Little confidence that Sift currently has an accurate or correct machine learning product, and little belief that the current organization will be able to overcome this hurdle. Seems like a company that just wants to develop "weapons of math destruction."

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Sift is great for Software Engineers

Feb 7, 2022 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sift was a really awesome place to work as a Software Engineer. The problems you will face are challenging, and at scale. Billions of events & transactions a month. You will learn a LOT here, be prepared to code out and solve really complex problems. The perks are great, HR & People Ops do a great job sending everyone occasional gifts & freebies. Very inclusive & diverse company, they actually take actions to promote diversity & inclusivity and not use it as a virtue-signaling PR trick. Unlimited PTO is generous and people actually take lots of time off, also many company holidays and mental health days. Leadership has a very clear vision with Product fit & strategy, some really bright and focused upper management. A very bright future for Sift for sure. Although Anti Fraud SaaS is a very competitive space.

Cons

Base salaries could be a higher and more competitive compensation packages. Some tech debt

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company changed rapidly

Jul 7, 2022 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture when hired, team I worked with was incredibly inclusive, great runway for growth.

Cons

lack of communication, and accountability.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Reviews
</>Embed

Sift Reviews FAQs

Sift has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 110 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Sift to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sift employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sift. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

73% of Sift employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sift 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sift to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Sift Job Seekers