KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Signature Analytics Reviews

Updated May 21, 2021

Found 34 of over 34 reviews

4.5
Signature Analytics CEO Peter Heald (no image)
Peter Heald
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive leadership, high intensity expectations.

Mar 15, 2021 - Controller in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity of engagements. Office culture.

Cons

High cadence, be sure to proactively plan personal time off in advance.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Just OK

May 21, 2021 - Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are generally great to work with, work is different everyday and you get a large variety of industries helping you learn a lot of different things quickly. Great for a recent grad

Cons

Benefits aren’t as great as they seem, you essentially need to “make up” your PTO that’s taken so not really PTO...just shifting work around to have a few days off. Promotion structure not outlined well. Lots of favoritism.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company to Work For

Oct 17, 2019 - Senior Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Semi-Flexible work Schedule, Not always doing the same thing everyday, Interactive Management Team, Social Events for employees, nice work environment in the office

Cons

Salary base is below par, bonus system, Benefits are below par (employer does not offer a 401k match program), Stressful at times

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not What It Seems

Dec 20, 2018 - Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Flexible hours • Great learning and networking opportunity for newer/younger accountants • Varied client base means you get lots of exposure to different issues • Fun company events • Lively and fun culture • Medical benefits are generous • Will help pay for CPA licensure after the fact (you foot the up-front cost) but no other real development incentives • Engaging CEO makes things fun but still professional

Cons

I would only recommend newer college grads to work here since there really is no high-level work being performed unless you’re a consulting CFO. You do month close and/or clean up and that’s about it. The manager and controller level folks aren’t the strongest and if you’re looking to grow under the tutelage of a more seasoned professional, do it someplace else. • “Flexible PTO” is a lie. Staff must work 157 billable hours a month, which doesn’t include admin hours, which means you’ll end up doing more like 170-200 hours a month, depending on your clients. That means you don’t realistically get any time to take PTO since the billable hours have to be made up elsewhere in a given quarter. Lots of people complain of being overworked and/or underpaid. • Quarterly bonus is a joke. You only get half of it if you hit your billable hours (see comment above) and the other half at management’s discretion, which isn’t guaranteed or quantifiable. • Performance expectations aren’t clearly communicated. This ties into the bonus/promotion scheme as well as professional development. Don’t expect much in the way of feedback or constructive criticism for your betterment. • There is a pervasive group mentality amongst the more tenured folks. Word of caution: don’t run afoul of any of them or they’ll make your job miserable. • No 401k match. • Rotating door of clients means you never really get to do impactful work for them – its usually firefighting and then six months later you’re on a new client. • High employee turnover. Ever wonder why they seem to always be hiring for all positions? Some are due to organic growth but over half are because of folks leaving consistently. • Mentorship is all but non-existent. There really is no meaningful career guidance or professional development. • Commute can be awful depending on where you live.

10 people found this review helpful

Signature Analytics Response

Thanks for your detailed review. We appreciate your honesty in the positives about your experience as well as areas of opportunity for improvement. You are correct in your description of the position. The expectation of our various roles is very different than working for an in-house company as this is very much a consulting role where the staff is expected to work in a client facing position. With that, you may even work with multiple clients at once. Therefore, most of the work we do can be more day-to-day accounting focused. Every client's needs and goals are different and exposure to multiple clients and advancement of tasks depends on your background, skill strengths, level of trust in work, ability to meet deadlines, and at times it just depends on the engagement you are assigned. Some of our clients do not have a CFO on staff; therefore, in those instances, only qualified staff who meet the above criteria and more can manage the engagements from a higher level as it is a very advanced role to fill. We are open to the fact that our business model is not for everyone. Working as a consultant with various clients has its many benefits in regards to exposure to a multitude of projects with varying requirements and skill sets. Also, everyone here is held to specific performance standards which are in line with our company's core value. With that in mind, it's difficult to draw a direct comparison with our various positions and career advancement structure to a specific in-house role within a single company. Given the uniqueness of our business model, we do our best to clearly provide details regarding each position's structure during the interview process. This allows us to also highlight the growth opportunities, benefits, compensation (including bonus), and qualifying expectations. We do this so everyone has an accurate and clear understanding of the challenges they may experience as well. Given our review process & open door policy, current employees have the ability to discuss and better understand these things at any point in time. If there is uncertainty, we encourage anyone to discuss this with their performance manager. We are unhappy to hear about your feelings re "frat mentality" comment. If there are specific issues that should be addressed we would appreciate hearing more and encourage you to reach out to us directly. As a growing company, we've encountered many hurdles that have allowed us to improve not only our business delivery model but also our internal culture. One of our recent changes in 2018 was in structuring & communicating transparency regarding the duties and skill sets around each role and the advancement opportunities for existing and new employees. With our growth goals in mind, there's plenty of room for advancement for motivated employees who fit the model and skills required to excel within our existing markets and new markets we plan to expand into. Thank you for your feedback on our mentor/mentee program. Since this is a new program, there is room for improvement regarding the structure and we appreciate those who provide proactive feedback as we are open to ideas. Given some of the above comments, we hope it is understood that we do focus on the happiness of our employees. Our management team is consistently looking at employee utilization & churn to better understand who is overworked, underworked, and who in need of help. As a company, we can only be successful if this effort is met halfway with the individuals we employ. Knowing that our employees are happy allows them to be successful and have pride in the work which is then passed down to our customers. This kind of success is seen by many of our team members and its ideology enables us to excel in our service delivery model making our customers more successful which in turn makes us successful. We know we are not perfect. Given we focus so much of our culture on continuous improvement, we hope that in the future any individual can discuss issues with management. Upward mobility and a positive culture are some of our key areas of focus and we are proud of our progress and successful track record to date. On a final note, there was much said in this review that we are openly looking at and communicating improvement plans and this was a gentle reminder that we are on the right track! We do appreciate every individual who has chosen to actively participate in our continued growth and success, and that really excites us for the future. Thank you again for your review.

5. 2.0

Manager

Jul 10, 2019 - Accounting Manager in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work if you can get assigned.

Cons

The mentorship promised isn't given.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Best Job Ever!

Aug 19, 2017 - Staff Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was in public accounting prior to my job with Signature Analytics and I can tell you that I am NEVER going back. I love working here! There are not enough great things I can say about this company. The management team has done a great job in creating and maintaining the best work environment and culture. The people we work with are amazing and all so helpful. We learn from each other constantly. You are never bored since we have the pleasure of working with companies of all industries. There is so much knowledge and growth that comes with it. The work/life balance is real. We have the flexibility to manage our own schedules within reason. The compensation and benefits are competitive with a reasonable and achievable bonus structure. If I could bring all of my favorite past co-workers here with me I would, because I wish everyone could experience working for a place as great as this!

Cons

Truly, there is nothing bad to say about this company. Great management team, great co-workers, and great structure and concept.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Great recruiting efforts

Jun 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I initially interviewed with the Talent Recruiter and she has been the best HR representative I have ever met in my career. She knew the job well and was very honest about workload, culture, and pay. After speaking with her, I was immediately scheduled for interviews in the office, including a written assessment of your accounting skills--nothing to sweat about if you know your stuff--and a mock client meeting--again, if you know your stuff then nothing to worry about. Work hours are very flexible and unlimited PTO works well. I have yet to find a managerial position where one is allowed more than 2 weeks of vacation at a time so maximum 2 weeks at a time seems reasonable.

Cons

The office is located in Sorrento Valley so traffic can be a pain going home but this is San Diego and there is traffic everywhere. With flexible hours, one can adjust their hours for minimal traffic impact.

2 people found this review helpful

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your kind review and feedback. We appreciate hearing from current employees and it really means a lot you took the time to address the perks of our unlimited PTO policy, the interview process (which we strive to keep very honest and transparent), as well as give props to our in-house Recruiter. Regarding the cons, yes the traffic into and out of Sorrento Valley tends to be quite a pain point and one reason we allow for flexibility in work hours so it can be avoided from time to time. Unfortunately it is not something we can control and sort of part of the job at times. Thanks again for your feedback and advice to management!

8. 5.0

Great Work Environment and Flexible Schedule

Jun 6, 2018 - Bookkeeper in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office culture and environment is not a stereotypical accounting office. Coworkers are outgoing and collaborative. Events outside the office make coworkers feel more like friends and in my opinion the people you work with is a strong determinant of if work is enjoyable to go to each day. Flexible schedule allows employees to manage their own work responsibilities and not feel micromanaged. As long as you are getting your work done, you are able to have the freedom to work during times that you are most productive.

Cons

First couple weeks can be slow depending on company's need at the time. Work load can quickly transition from trying to find things to do during the work day to being busy and needing to manage schedule.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lots of flexibility

Sep 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company provides incredible flexibility so it allows me to work as much or as little as I need to complete the project and tend to client needs. As long as the client is happy, there is no micromanaging of my work. The hours are very flexible, so I don't need to clock in to an office from 9 to 5. I can often work from home or go directly to a client's office while skipping the often unnecessary tedium of "face-time" at the corporate office.

Cons

I have experienced no negative aspects of this job.

3 people found this review helpful

Corporate Recruiter

5 years and counting! We are lucky to have you!

10. 5.0

A Good Place for Hard Workers

Sep 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a really smart group of people, and the work you get will generally be varied and interesting. They also work hard on maintaining a fun culture, which takes some doing as it is very rare the majority of employees are in the home office on any given day.

Cons

Some days, depending on client load, you will need to work long hours. It will generally be foreseeable, and not too frequent, but if you don't ever want more than 8 hours of work in a day this isn't the place for you.

3 people found this review helpful