KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Signature Analytics Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2022

Found 49 of over 49 reviews

4.0
Signature Analytics CEO Peter Heald (no image)
Peter Heald

The latest conversations about Accounting

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn and gain new opportunities

Jul 27, 2022 - Staff Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn solid fundamentals and work with a variety of clients. You learn how your clients operate and how you can help provide value to their business.

Cons

There are no cons at the moment.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership is always open to ideas and they they are very understanding. They always treat you with smile and they are super supportive. Truly it is the best place to work.

Cons

The only cons is that sometimes you might work more that 40 hours a week which compare to other accounting firm it is nothing

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Experience and Now Virtual

Apr 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best teams I have ever worked with. Smart, motivated, and fun. Leadership is transparent and solicits feedback from the employees. We continue to grow and add new clients. There is a variety of clients that I work with. The company continues to improve the employee experience.

Cons

Consulting is not for everyone. Management has been slow to act at times.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not For Everyone But Good For The Right Person Despite Issues That Need To Be Addressed

May 5, 2022 - Staff Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to work with multiple businesses across multiple industries. Opportunity to build and improve businesses accounting/finance policies and procedures. Opportunity to have a direct impact in helping businesses make better business decisions with the accurate, relevant & timely financials you help prepare. Opportunity to prove yourself and be promoted/recognized faster than other companies. Flexible hours/remote environment/unlimited PTO as long as you meet your goals. Gaining the best firsthand accounting/finance education & experience you can get. Working alongside accounting/finance experts with multiple years of experience and so much wisdom.

Cons

Most people do not stay at Signature for a long time. The businesses you work on, the business leaders you work with & the work you're specifically doing is mostly luck of the draw/what's needed. Competing deadlines and priorities across multiple businesses can be stressful and lead to long hours during certain times of the month. Signature operates under a billable hours model; thus, there isn't much time to improve the company or the businesses you work on outside of your billable hour goal each month/year. Salary/benefits not as competitive as they should be compared to the industry/Southern California job market.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible but busy workplace with extroverts and nice people

Feb 8, 2022 - Senior Staff Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- WORK LIFE BALANCE. They really mean it when they say they value a work-life balance at SA - No micro-managers, you get a lot of autonomy to complete your work - Flexible, your managers understand you have a life outside of work, as long as you hit your billable goals and are present when your team needs you, you are good - Everyone you work with is very nice, it's rare to work with someone you don't like - Almost everyone is extroverted and truly cares about you, convos are not limited to just accounting - Unlimited PTO is such a great perk. Like I said, as long as you deliver quality work and meet your billable goals, take as much PTO as you want! I think I took like 100+ hrs last year but still met my billable goal and ensured my work was covered/completed prior to my PTO - Benefits are not bad - Management seems to care about the happiness of employees, they make changes when needed, like most employees voted for a remote work environment, and they converted us to remote after some consideration - Development plans are created so you understand what you need to do to get to the next level/promotion - To succeed is very straightforward: know what your responsibilities are, meet your billable goals, and do what you say you're going to do by the deadlines set.

Cons

- Benefits increased this year, but probably because of inflation - Busy at times - The consulting industry is tough and you need to be intermediate/advanced at time-management

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Accounting

Jun 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gain experience with clients in various fields.

Cons

Overloaded with work, high turnover rate.

7. 2.0

Weird place to work

Jan 28, 2022 - Senior Accounting Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

First two weeks were great, very friendly, mostly HR activities. On paper it was all fantastic.

Cons

Very political place to work, when you are given a client, you are told all the bad things about the engagement leads and none of the good traits, almost toxic how they pit people against each other even before they start working together, a snake and oil kind of place, I would not have taken this job if I knew this. Hope this helps someone else. Many of us are looking to get out.

Signature Analytics Response

Director of HR

Thank you for your comments. At Signature Analytics, we are committed to creating a best-in-class work environment and we partner with our Culture teams to ensure that we're on the right track. Your comments about leadership and the work environment are deeply concerning and we strongly encourage you to share your concerns with a member of the Culture team if you do not feel comfortable going to Executive Leadership. We hope to have the opportunity to address your concerns.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pros don't outweigh the cons

Mar 6, 2022 - Senior Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot, as you are exposed to a lot of different industries and different types of accounting software. The best aspect of the job is the other individuals you get to work with though. You may be working on 4-10 different clients at any time, with different teams on each client. Great place to grow your career as an accountant without having to get a CPA and work at a Big 4.

Cons

- Long hours - For the entire time I worked there, we were always understaffed - Management only cares about how many billable hours you charge - Your year-end bonus is tied directly to how many billable hours you charge, creating a toxic environment that favors those who work constantly - unlimited PTO is a lie. It's really only 10 days which is very minimal, and not very many holidays. As your year-end bonus is tied to billable hours, if you take any time off over 10 days you directly impact that billable hour goal. If you want to take 11 days off, you have to make up that 8 billable hours in order to still meet your goal for the bonus. - Management is not aligned with the wants and needs of their employees. If they were, there wouldn't be as much turnover. Unfortunately management is a group of all males who think the same as each other. They promote other individuals (primarily males) who think the same as them. For example I personally witnessed a male individual be promoted into a top leadership position within the company, even though multiple lower-level employees had complained about his leadership style, rhetoric, and other things.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0

Very poor San Diego Leadership and insane turn over

Jan 18, 2022 - Controller in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work, broad experience opportunity, work with great clients when they stick around, most don’t.

Cons

The company struggles to retain employees, extremely high turn over, the San Diego “leadership” pits people against each other, if you can get into a core few which are favored, then your chances increase for the better, They have the classic Clients vs Internal Operations troubles. The client turn over is also very high, hard to establish a pace or routine when people and clients are always changing. Save yourself from a short term resume history.

3 people found this review helpful

Signature Analytics Response

Director of HR

Thank you for your comments. At Signature Analytics, we believe in transparency and we are committed to sharing all of our Key Performance Indicators, such as employee retention and tenure statistics, with our team each month during our All Hands meetings. We extend this same transparency to candidates during the interview process. Your comments about leadership favoritism and the work environment are deeply concerning and we strongly encourage you to share your concerns with a member of HR or Executive Leadership.

10. 5.0

Great Company with High Growth and Exposure to Different Industries

Oct 5, 2021 - Controller in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great exposure to different industries, great learning opportunities to advance your career in accounting; great group of people to work with; Continuing to grow as a company

Cons

Flexible schedules, but still a client service company so there can be strict deadlines from clients; You do not get to choose your schedule so sometimes you may have a few difficult clients as part of your portfolio of clients

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews

Signature Analytics Reviews FAQs

Signature Analytics has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 49 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Signature Analytics to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Signature Analytics employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Signature Analytics. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

75% of Signature Analytics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Signature Analytics 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Signature Analytics to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Signature Analytics Job Seekers