Signature Analytics Reviews | Glassdoor

Peter Heald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great recruiting efforts"

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time

Pros

I initially interviewed with the Talent Recruiter and she has been the best HR representative I have ever met in my career. She knew the job well and was very honest about workload, culture, and pay. After speaking with her, I was immediately scheduled for interviews in the office, including a written assessment of your accounting skills--nothing to sweat about if you know your stuff--and a mock client meeting--again, if you know your stuff then nothing to worry about. Work hours are very flexible and unlimited PTO works well. I have yet to find a managerial position where one is allowed more than 2 weeks of vacation at a time so maximum 2 weeks at a time seems reasonable.

Cons

The office is located in Sorrento Valley so traffic can be a pain going home but this is San Diego and there is traffic everywhere. With flexible hours, one can adjust their hours for minimal traffic impact.

Advice to Management

Continue treating the employees well to retain the good ones.

Jul 23, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your kind review and feedback. We appreciate hearing from current employees and it really means a lot you took the time to address the perks of our unlimited PTO policy, the interview... More

"Great career progression"

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was recently promoted. As long as you work hard you are not micromanaged. Great coworkers. Frequent fun activities with team. Hands on management team that cares about employees.

Cons

Some people get overwhelmed managing multiple clients at a time. This is not for everyone. Other than that no cons

Jul 23, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review and submit feedback! We appreciate the positives and negatives you provided as they are very honest and truthful on all accounts. I wanted to address the con... More

"Great Company & Culture"

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time

Pros

Great work environment and a solid support system. The company is forward looking and constantly striving to encourage their employees to better themselves. Working here allows you to gain experience you really couldn't obtain elsewhere. Positive culture and team members make it a fun place to work. Like-minded and motivated employees drive success. Highly recommend.

Cons

Driving to clients- but you get reimbursed for mileage. Other than that no cons I can think of for the time being.

"Great Work Environment and Flexible Schedule"

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office culture and environment is not a stereotypical accounting office. Coworkers are outgoing and collaborative. Events outside the office make coworkers feel more like friends and in my opinion the people you work with is a strong determinant of if work is enjoyable to go to each day.

Flexible schedule allows employees to manage their own work responsibilities and not feel micromanaged. As long as you are getting your work done, you are able to have the freedom to work during times that you are most productive.

Cons

First couple weeks can be slow depending on company's need at the time. Work load can quickly transition from trying to find things to do during the work day to being busy and needing to manage schedule.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire top talent employees that have a collaborative mindset.

"Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, wide range of client base, opportunity to grow and gain experience in different industries, great co-workers. Overall, a great place to work.

Cons

There is no 401k matching

Oct 19, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

We will note your feedback on the 401K matching. Thank you!

"Staff Accountant"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of flexibility in my work. I work out of different locations during the week which helps keep work from getting stale. I have had the ability to work with clients in multiple types of industries which has helped with self growth.

Cons

No cons while I have worked at Signature analytics

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Love the atmosphere in the office.

"Lots of flexibility"

I have been working at Signature Analytics part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company provides incredible flexibility so it allows me to work as much or as little as I need to complete the project and tend to client needs. As long as the client is happy, there is no micromanaging of my work. The hours are very flexible, so I don't need to clock in to an office from 9 to 5. I can often work from home or go directly to a client's office while skipping the often unnecessary tedium of "face-time" at the corporate office.

Cons

I have experienced no negative aspects of this job.

Advice to Management

Your obvious efforts to keep your staff happy shines through in their willingness to go the extra mile for you. Thank you for caring about us!

Oct 19, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

5 years and counting! We are lucky to have you!

"A Good Place for Hard Workers"

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time

Pros

This is a really smart group of people, and the work you get will generally be varied and interesting. They also work hard on maintaining a fun culture, which takes some doing as it is very rare the majority of employees are in the home office on any given day.

Cons

Some days, depending on client load, you will need to work long hours. It will generally be foreseeable, and not too frequent, but if you don't ever want more than 8 hours of work in a day this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on hiring great people and make sure to maintain the internal culture.

"Senior Accountant"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great Culture
    -Flexible Schedules
    -Great Managers/Bosses
    -Quarterly Bonuses

Cons

There can be a large workload but with a flexible schedule you can make it work with your schedule.

"Great firm to work for!"

I have been working at Signature Analytics full-time

Pros

I love working at Signature Analytics! Here's what I love about it:
    - Friendly, smart, and outstanding people working along your side
    - Our clients are mostly midsize and small business, with some startups and non-profits, so seeing how much value our services bring to them is one of the reasons I wake up and feel excited about going to work everyday
    - Our clients also cross multiple industries and utilize different accounting systems, so there is plenty to learn on the job
    - While there are several levels of positions, Signature never felt like a vertical organization - all of leadership has an open door policy and really listen to what you have to say, and I feel like I'm treated as a valuable member of the team
    - We love to have fun! There are monthly company events and I feel like all my colleagues feel committed to attend whenever they can because they enjoy these events as well - there's always a good turnout and a good sense of camaraderie.
    - Unlimited PTO and tons of flexibility
    - Unlike at public accounting firms, we get paid for overtime as well as there is a quarterly bonus
    - We have a really good benefits package
    - We don't work ridiculous hours like public accounting, but we do work hard and it can be fast paced. Average hours are 40 a week, but it can go a little up and a little down from time to time depending on client work.
    - There is a clear career path and lots of opportunities to grow with the company

Cons

- Most of the time employees are at client sites and don't get to see one another very often, which makes it hard to build relationships outside of the monthly events
    - Salaries can be more competitive
    - There needs to be more training, especially for incoming employees so that they could hit the ground running when they go to their first client

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! We are moving in the right direction, as the company is growing Signature wants to standardize many process and have resources in place to facilitate consistent quality across client-service delivery teams and make it easier for team members to perform at their best. Continue to listen to your employees.

Oct 19, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback:) and we plan to work really hard to keep this one of the best places to work!