Cover image for SimilarWeb

65% Recommend to a Friend
63% Approve of CEO

Found 284 of over 304 reviews

3.6
SimilarWeb CEO Or Offer (no image)
Or Offer

78 Comments

Tech

638.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SimilarWeb~995824
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about SimilarWeb? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SimilarWeb employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Micro management which fails to draw on people's strengths or cultivate long term employment.(in 17 reviews)
  • "No work life balance (eventough they claim you own your time) the COMPANY continues to put company meetings at crazy times.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Changing agendas/strategy regularly; Current leadership DOES NOT care about employee well being(in 9 reviews)
  • "My colleagues with bad managers had a hellish experience.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Mandatory 3 days in the office (they try to be sneaky and say 2 in the interview process but you do 3 for 18 months) the CEO is toxic and thinks everyone should love coming into the office, threw a temper tantrum when the office was empty on the Friday before MDW.(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

A place to grow and learn

Oct 30, 2022 - GTM Manager in Tel Aviv-Yafo
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to learn from best-in-class people and practices Unparalleled technology Career opportunity across domains

Cons

Rapid growth in the past 2 years without all the right infrastructure in place has created some knowledge management gaps

SimilarWeb Response

We admit it, at Simialrweb we're super passionate about our employees' learning and development. We were thrilled to hear you agree! We are also constantly optimizing our knowledge management as a high-growth company so thank you for your feedback.

2. 5.0

First Class Product

Dec 9, 2022 - Sales Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Industry leading product Bright and talented workforce

Cons

Mandatory office days, but this is starting to come back across the tech industry as a whole.

3. Join the SimilarWeb team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

good

Jan 21, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

great work culture supportive environment from management and teammates

Cons

high turnover with reps and management not all reps have same advantages

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Solid company, bright future, good leadership

Jan 20, 2023 - Enterprise Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid pay Good managers with experience Great team Great culture Great internal processes Remote options Solid customers Great place to grow skills and learn

Cons

Expensive benefits Senior executives A lot of data to demo Hard to take vacation without getting behind Little to no budget for travel or team events A lot of hoops to jump through to get renewals through procurement

6. 2.0

Lack of flexibility

Jan 24, 2023 - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and room for growth

Cons

Honestly , for a tech company with a start up mindset I am disappointed with the lack of flexibility. Many other companies offering Remote Summers; Flexi starting and end times; greater remote working etc

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, some growing pains

Dec 14, 2022 - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great group of people! I've found some great friends and mentors here. The product is super cool and getting innovated upon very fast.

Cons

The strategy changes a lot

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Experience wasn't bad, leadership has priorities all wrong

Nov 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I enjoyed my time at Similarweb - the product really is good and many people past and present would agree. Many of the colleagues I worked with were also enjoyable and I still keep in touch with some after having left. The org has done a good job of trying to provide people with opportunities within the company (career mobility, training opportunities, etc.), particularly given they put a lot of resources in place when they were still small.

Cons

While layoffs are happening throughout tech, I'm not entirely shocked to hear about the ones happening at Similarweb. Many people, past and present, have lost confidence in the CEO. Management has a big focus on data however when they are presented with data or strong arguments that go against their plans, they ignore it and do what they want anyway. For example, there's a strong focus on work/life flexibility in the job market, yet this company increased the # of days required in the office to 4. Like...why? It will only increase turnover and add to employee dissatisfaction. There's a lack of consistency in their processes and they tend to make big decisions without doing their due diligence first. They spent however many millions of dollars opening up a new building/campus and everyone was asking...why? All that money wasted when it could have been thrown into the business in another way. I wouldn't discourage anyone from working here because there are a lot of perks, you just need to know what you're getting into first and if you're okay with what they offer, great, but there are several frustrations within this company that haven't changed, particularly because of leadership.

9 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Red/Yellow Flags Across the Company, Pains Felt in the US

Nov 15, 2022 - Enterprise Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Competitive OTE -Middle managers mostly were promoted from within and have their teams best interests at heart -Sociable and kind colleagues -Work life balance

Cons

Where do I begin... -Majority of the US base has very minimal confidence in C-Level executives (cannot emphasize this enough) -Bureaucratic decisions where leadership and Product teams make decisions about the product with very minimal regard for what customer facing employees relay -Product is slow to make effective changes -Sheer disconnect from Israel to the US teams (more so than just time zone differences: work culture in the US/Europe, Diversity and Inclusion, etc.) especially from the CEO and CPO -Management has threatened employees with rationale that is illegal in the US -Oftentimes its the "Chosen Few" who go up for and get promotion while management is not shy of dangling a 'promotion carrot' on other members -Certain teams/orgs are set up for better success than others simply based on the industry they are in, though targets are the same across the board -Management seems to shoot in the dark with how to structure Enterprise vs. Strategic accounts, who works on what, how the 'pods' get paid, etc. They seem to try something new without an actual understanding of what the outcome might be nor how employees think it would pan out. -Israeli leadership has minimal understanding of Diversity & Inclusion practices and does not promote from top down; it always had to come from the bottom up and seemed to always have been met with resistance -Product pricing is never flushed out before they make yet another change to the product, resulting in poor training of salespeople -Heavy reliance on Account Management to be the backbone of revenue generation while Sales team struggles and often sells bad deals for Account Management to salvage -High turnover rate (slew of reasons here)

9 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Nov 16, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers at the job

Cons

Upward mobility might be an issue due to the economy

11. 3.0

Good Product

Nov 23, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

love the product and consulting aspect of the role

Cons

hmmm there are some cons for sure but it is better than other environments I've worked in in tech

Viewing 1 - 10 of 284 Reviews
</>Embed

SimilarWeb Reviews FAQs

SimilarWeb has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 304 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at SimilarWeb to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -15% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SimilarWeb employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SimilarWeb. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

65% of SimilarWeb employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SimilarWeb 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SimilarWeb to be career development, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, culture.

Popular Careers with SimilarWeb Job Seekers