SleepMed Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
David J. Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "insurance verification representative"

I worked at SleepMed full-time

Pros

Great coworkers and teamwork, understanding of family situations and emergencies

Cons

Management organization could use some further organization.

2. "Sleep tech"

I have been working at SleepMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Providing Patient care. Because at the end of the day that’s what should matter.

Cons

Management or lack of! Company doesn’t care about its employees or providing patients with quality care. From cutting hours but increasing work. Then there’s the pay cut for all overnight technicians. Terrible benefits

3. "What I needed while loosing my sister!"

Former Employee - Senior Patient Account Representative in Ellenwood, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Patient Account Representative in Ellenwood, GA

I worked at SleepMed full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My old manager,(now retired) 40 hours a week, steady paycheck, summer barbecues, met some good friends, had some good times.

Cons

No paid Holiday's, no monthly/quarterly bonuses, no cross training, very little employee input, yearly review, may take 18 months to 3 years, and once done, your new hourly rate doesn't backdate to when your raise should have kicked in.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, give them the tools to make the work work! Cross training is a good thing, 1 person shouldn't slow anything down. New eyes to an old problem can yield better results.

4. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at SleepMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a lot of pros its a nice clean friendly environment, no micro managing, knowledgeable friendly coworkers and they make sure you get it so you don't feel lost. They work with you and your home life. its like one big family. #TEAMWORK!

Cons

A longer lunch would be great but nothing to really say here.

Advice to Management

Paid lunch ( cough cough)

5. "Great Employees, Flexible Management"

Current Employee - Intake Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Intake Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at SleepMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with, everyone is very pleasant, caring and make coming to work enjoyable. Management is very understanding and flexible, the environment overall really is great!

Cons

Having to use PTO to cover paid holidays is something I'm still trying to adjust to, I'm used to paid holidays off being covered without the use of PTO. I do however like how SleepMed compensates this by making the accrual of PTO significantly higher per pay period than usual which balances this "con". I've been with the company almost a year and I don't have any real negative feedback.

6. "Awesome Place"

I have been working at SleepMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Supervisors are approachable and are always available to assist you in any way they can. They are personable and warm. The complete staff feels like family and are always eager to help in every way. The environment is welcoming. Our new office was designed with employees in mind. We have comfortable break areas designed with lounge chairs, games, magazines etc. and the outside is set for active employees to indulge in shooting hoops, take a brisk walk, or bike ride around the trail, or just to enjoy each others company at picnic tables. I love coming to work and love to do overtime because the Supervisors enables a sense of accomplishment and gives feedback on the work done during overtime so you know that your efforts never go unnoticed. No micro management here! A family is what you gain. The salary is very competitive.

Cons

I wish we had hour lunches to enjoy the amenities longer.

7. "Customer Support"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at SleepMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have a Great Team who's efficient and very Goal Oriented. We have Awesome Supervisors who Help assist us as we grow together with this Company

Cons

I would suggest More Gatherings for the SleepMed Employees.

8. "Friendly Atmosphere"

I worked at SleepMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was in a supervisory role. The management team I worked directly with was approachable and allowed for good communication. Everyone from Tech Support to HR was available, if needed.

Cons

Using your own earned personal time for national holidays, such as Christmas is weird. Specifically because Sleep Centers are not opened on major holidays .Limited room for growth. Although evaluations were performed and submitted in my territory, techs deserving pay increases just could not get them. This really frustrated me as a manager. Yearly cost of living wage is generally a given in health care, but it just was not happening at this company. I believe it ultimately costs turn over of great Sleep Techs.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working at SleepMed, but I do feel that good technologists are lost due to wage freezes, decreased use of clinical skills and expertise. Registered Techs need to feel valued in order to maintain loyalty and tenure w an organization. Techs should be able to utilize their clinical skills, ie tech support/troubleshooting, scoring and validating studies, and being able to make sound decisions in patient care. I have a long history in sleep medicine, including software and hardware, developing centers, ICU/ER, etc. I often would get frustrated in my inability to make decisions and choices in the lab I was working. I would also suggest more physicians should be held accountable for visiting their lab, communicating with the techs, and promote their protocols/ needs directly to the techs. The management team was always interested in ideas and would generally assist with any patient/ clinical issues. It is a good company, providing good patient care.

9. "N/A"

I have been working at SleepMed full-time

Pros

It is an overall good company to work for and management seems to work with you when needing personal time off.

Cons

I have been there for a little while and not receiving merit increases but they seem to hire more employees instead. The atmosphere is typical like any other company I've worked at before.

10. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at SleepMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is very kid and family friendly. Meaning, you dont have to worry about losing your job for running late, having a sick child or family member. Also, there is no micro managing. If you are given a job to do, management doesn't look over your shoulder until its done.

Cons

There is no opportunity for growth. The company has had a freeze on raise for at least the last 2 years. There is no diversity in management. Meaning, there are no African American's or other nationalities to my knowledge in any management positions.