Software Merchant Reviews | Glassdoor

Software Merchant Reviews

Updated Sep 4, 2019

Found 16 reviews

4.0
  1. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Greenville, SC

I worked at Software Merchant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Software Merchant provides good training for the latest technologies. The company also helps you to improve your communication skills which are important for your job. Management has a good relationship with top IT companies and Financial companies. They always try their best to find good opportunities for consultants and always provide support.

Cons

More PTO days needed for the new employee.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the training and support provided

Software Merchant2019-02-11
  2. "Great company to be working for"

I have been working at Software Merchant full-time

Pros

The people who work here are helpful, patient, and very friendly. They help people come from outside of the country get a Green Card and a well-paying job. They have great connections throughout the US to help a candidate find a good job. Another great aspect is that they offer training in IT skill sets such as iOS, Java, .Net, etc. They really make sure that you are fully prepared to succeed.

Cons

They do not have cons.

Software Merchant2019-02-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Culture/Values at Software Merchant"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Software Merchant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have a great group of consultants with a high level on experience and expertise helping out clients throughout the United States. Their dedication and hard work continues to make our job easier and enjoyable on a daily basis

Cons

Trying to keep up with immigration laws

Software Merchant2019-02-01
  5. ""thanks to be a part of company""

Current Employee - UI-UX Designer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Software Merchant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

friendly atmosphere management is supportive, Good company to work

Cons

Not that I can see

Advice to Management

nothing to tell

Software Merchant2018-09-14
  6. "Good"

I have been working at Software Merchant full-time

Pros

It is a Nice Company

Cons

I don't see any thing.

Software Merchant2018-02-19
  7. ""Great Company to work""

Current Employee - IOS Developer in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Software Merchant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance Decent Hikes Good Medical policy Good learning resources Great guidence from seniors Some good onsite opportunities

Cons

None that i can see.

Advice to Management

There are no negative in Software Merchant Inc.

Software Merchant2017-08-25
  8. ""THANKS FOR UPGRADING MY SKILLS""

Current Employee - IOS Developer in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Software Merchant full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently graduated from Villanova University and was confused what to do to boost my career. One of my friend suggested that iOS has good scope in market and thus I joined the iOS training program of Software Merchant Inc. The company professionals not only trained me in iOS skills but also gave an opportunity to work on live projects, help me to Tackle the technical interview rounds. They placed me to Michelin... Tires in SC. Overall very much satisfied with the company and job profile. I personally recommend the graduates to join this program. the company not only train's in iOS skills but also helps placing at Top notch companies. Software Merchant has good tie up with top companies.

Cons

Nothing, Great company to work with

Advice to Management

Thanks for providing the training and placing me to Michelin Tires

Software Merchant2017-04-07
  9. ""Great place to learn and grow""

Current Employee - Oracle Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Software Merchant full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working with this company from last 2 years and its great journey of my carrer. Great supportive team with good collaboration and ambiguous to help each other. Good Projects from which one could learn many things. Filed my H1. helped me with drivers’ license, ID card, all initial paperwork on arrival in USA.

Cons

There are no such cons to right

Advice to Management

Good Management Team

Software Merchant2017-03-27

"Not a good choice if you don't want to stay long"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Software Merchant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice training system and job opportunity. They treated me well when I worked for them--everything looks nicer than the usual contractor company.

Cons

After I left the company, their attitude changed dramatically! (Noted I didn't break any contract, I worked for them full time as long as how I signed the contract.) As joining the other company, I need some help to transfer my H1B, 401K and some other normal transferable things. That's when my nightmare started--they stopped answering my calls, no email replies, only intermittent messages which never solved... problems. I would say my requests were just simple and reasonable and won't take them more than 10 minutes to solve, but they just reluctant to help. As a result, I am still suffering from some transferring problems in my 5th month in the new company.

Advice to Management

To be honest, I left the company with good impression of you and I supposed to recommend it to some of my friends. After 4 months, I totally changed my mind. I can understand the former employees' problems won't be your high priority, but taking a few minutes to view and sign some documents is not difficult at all. Only showing the real care to your employees, can the company develop better and last longer. Why... don't you show the proper respect to whom used to work so hard for you? I am disappointed.

Software Merchant2017-04-05
  11. "iOS Developer"

Current Employee - IOS Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Software Merchant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair package according to experience, assured appraisal every year, H1 processing and they have a pretty good success rate (3 of my friends got their H1 too). Also, their client partnerships are with very renowned names and they have a lot of good contacts and understanding of the market. I completely went by their vision to launch my career. Initially, I was hesitant to enter into a new domain but I slowly... understood how popular mobile jobs are in the U.S and it's the wisest thing to do mobile here.

Cons

I actually liked it so far.

Advice to Management

Thanks

Software Merchant2017-01-27