Glassdoor Alert: Attempt to Inflate Reviews

We have evidence that someone has taken steps to artificially inflate the rating for this employer in violation of our Community Guidelines. We have addressed the issue. Please exercise your best judgment when evaluating this employer. Learn more about Glassdoor Alerts.

Source Marketing Direct Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2020

2.2
Source Marketing Direct Managing Director Hector Montalvo
Hector Montalvo
  1. "sales"

Former Employee - Trainee Project Manager in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at Source Marketing Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros

work in a different environment

Cons

self-employed job or commission based

2. "Do not waste your time and effort people!"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Assistant

I worked at Source Marketing Direct full-time

Pros

Maybe some fake and sugarcoated words

Cons

the job description is not clear and a lot of fake companies out there link to Source Marketing Direct. So be careful when you apply for sales and marketing roles in companies that do not tell you clearly about job duties.

"Avoid this company at all costs"

Former Employee - "Sales Associate" in London, England

I worked at Source Marketing Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro is that I left this company.

Cons

I could write a book about how terrible these direct marketing companies are, but let me just sum my experience working at this company up, and what I learnt from it in bullet points: - Do not believe the job descriptions, they are vague and fail to mention the reality of what exactly you'll be doing on the job. - The google reviews are horrifically fake. Notice how all of the accounts only have 1 review and the 'cons' are just things that are out of the company's control (e.g. no parking spaces). - This job is COMMISSION ONLY. The company avoids having to pay minimum wage by making you register as Self-Employed. This also means no sick pay or holiday pay. - All you need is a pulse and a working set of legs to get the job. I genuinely think if you turned up to the interview in a tracksuit they'd still find a way to give you the job. - When you go in for an interview, you will see a lecture room number of people who are also interviewing. Yes the turnover rate is unsurprisingly astronomically high. You'll probably see magazines and posters posted across the waiting room with the CEO's face all over them to try and make the company seem legit when in reality it's all just self-published garbage. - 12 hour working days for 6 days a week, and you're not guaranteed to make any sales which means you could potentially be working for 72 hrs pw and not make any money. Not to mention that you will definitely not be able to maintain a social life. - Your job is literally to stand outdoors in the freezing cold in busy locations (near train stations or shopping centres) and annoy members of the public by trying to get them to sign up to various charities. 99.9% of members of the public that you approach per day will reject you. (This can have a serious affect on your mental health, topped up by the fact that management will try to make you believe that if you didn't make enough sales then it's because YOU didn't work hard enough). - You have to pay for your own travel to these locations (meaning you will be making a loss financially). -Essentially you are a fundraiser not a "sales associate" or "events marketing assistant". -They will bang on about how it's a "short term struggle for a long term gain" but sooner or later it will become clear to you that there will be no gain at all, just misery. -I am lucky that I left before it was too late. I could see my self changing for the worse for the short time I was there. If you are a recent graduate or just struggling to find a job in general, the best advice I could give is to avoid these sort of companies at all costs, they will exploit you for all that you are worth and leave you broke and miserable.

"Cheeky Cheeky"

Former Employee - Graduate Management Trainee in London, England

I worked at Source Marketing Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

If your unfortunate enough to find yourself trawling through linkedin , applying for every job under the sun, do not be surprised to receive an interview invite from Source Marketing Direct, or should i say Bounce Outsourcing/ Bounce Marketing & Advertisement or should i say AJG Direct , something awful similar between all these companies whether that it be the word for word cut and paste invite to interview , to description about work culture , or the blatant false reviews left by themselves in order to hide reviews such as this , when you unable to find any trace of a company online and social media profile of less 100 followers then its time to wake up and smell coffee and leave. Unfortunately it appears that these companies are in cahoots with each other and remain an industry unregulated

Cons

They hide themselves in plain sight , they clearly put a lot of effort in to creating a facade on linkedin that lures you, whether that be plenty of "inspirational sales articles or speeches that they have shared" or "company trips" / meals in fish and chip shop on the outskirts of london, or the well crafted websites that show everything but also nothing at the same time. If they were upfront about the job and advertised what they actually do which is invite you to an interview , then bus you a high street out of london , to then con/ force/ harass the public into giving their money , then im sure people as myself would not take issue and would commend them on being upfront about their practices , however that is not the case and I hope that this review finds another plucky graduate that was simply trying to find a job and save them some times and money before being turning up to one of these "companies"

"Deception"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Source Marketing Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would not be comfortable to say any positive review while knowing that the negative polices outweighs the positive.

Cons

I have worked for about 3 weeks in this company. I have observed some of the negative policies they have. Firstly, the management recommends you to be self- employed so that they have no responsibility for the welfare of the employees. Secondly, they advertise the job as it is an office job whereas, it requires standing 8 hours in the field. Thirdly, they mentioned that there is £1000 payment for 1 month while being trained unfortunately they have not payed me any money for the time I have been in the field.

6. "Not easy"

2.0
    Current Employee - Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Source Marketing Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff, good relations and training

Cons

Hard work, hard to meet targets

February 11, 2020Operational Manager

We've taken your feedback on board, as we are constantly looking to improve our working environment. It would be great for you to communicate your specific experience with us internally so that we can investigate and take the appropriate actions.

"You're better off finding a better opportunity..."

2.0
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Advisor in London, England

I worked at Source Marketing Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

You meet some good people Builds your interpersonal skills Good if you dislike being based in an office Entrepreneurial but only when you progress

Cons

No basic salary Mislead during interviews not well informed about factors of the role/company Long hours If you're selling in an area where there is barely any foot traffic you will make no money Structure and atmosphere can be political Staff turnover is crazy once people realise more about the job You're on your feet for long hours You're in essence self employed so you don't receive benefits such as sick pay etc - If you miss a day, no money.

February 11, 2020Operational Manager

"CON."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England

I worked at Source Marketing Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, the whole recruitment, interview and 8-5 work is a BIG con and waste of your personal time and money.

Cons

The whole job is a con and the number of fake reviews on this website is shocking!

Continue reading

"Don't fall into their trap"

I worked at Source Marketing Direct full-time

Pros

Could not think of any

Cons

Very insufficient pay False promises Lots of dishonesty

"They will sell you a dream and leave you in debt"

I worked at Source Marketing Direct full-time

Pros

you have the opportunity to learn a lot in a short space of time and 'progress' quickly. however, once you leave you will quickly realise this 'experience' does not translate in normal society.

Cons

very little guidance or support from management. they definitely cross lines of professionalism and the correct ways to speak to people who work there. The guys at the top have made their money so you can very easily become a pawn in their ambition to achieve their personal goals. i personally massively regret wasting that much time of my career working with them.

March 30, 2018Operational Manager

Dear reviewer, We're sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience. Internal competition is sometimes an inescapable part of working environments, and in our experience, it only unleashes creativity - not alleged unethical behaviour or fear claimed in your review. Please get in touch with us to elaborate on this further. Good luck on your next venture. - Operations Manager.

Found 34 reviews