SourceAmerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Steve Soroka

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"It doesn't even feel like!!!"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--I've had many jobs in my career but this is the best by fare. The mission alone would keep me here but the benefits are great and leadership really cares.
    It's a real family environment...I love it.

Cons

--The company could use some fresh new blood infused into the organization. Most of the key leaders have over 20 years in the same office!
    --There There could be a little more transparency when it comes to promotion.

"Mission Drives"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

Mission driven and focused on the human aspect of work-life balance

Cons

A lot of change occurring right now that makes the company feel unstable

"The best job I have ever had"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at several organizations, both commercial and nonprofit, but this is the best job I have had and the best place I have worked. I have a great relationship with my immediate supervisor and we talk almost daily. We have staff meetings weekly and also receive a weekly update from the CEO (which he clearly writes himself). We also have full organization meetings several times a year including after meetings of the Board of Directors which when all combined is a level of transparency beyond my previous experiences. All the communication makes me feel connected to the organization and help me do my job better. The leadership team had some growing pains after the new CEO took over a few years ago but has since gelled and the result is greater collaboration at both their level and at mine. I have always found my supervisor, and most other leadership, open to concerns and suggestions. The best part for me, however, is the mission and knowing that every day I am part of an organization that changes peoples lives. I get up and go to work knowing that I make a difference.

Cons

While communication and collaboration have greatly improved, there is still a significant amount of change happening in the organization. I think that is necessary for us to be successful in the future but there are still some that long for "the good old days" and who resist necessary changes.

Advice to Management

Keep working together. Continue to expand ownership and responsibility deeper in the organization and over communicating direction and strategy. Find a way to help those who may still be living in the past to get on board with the changes that will move us into the future.

"Incredible mission"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

Best place I've ever worked --- I have access to resources and supports I need to do my job. Flexible work schedule and a full benefits package especially for a young parent. An incredible mission, to work alongside others to change the lives of people with disabilities.

Cons

There has been a lot of change in the last few years while senior management try to respond to shifts in our environment.

Advice to Management

The Senior Leadership Team need to continue listening to employees and communicating with employees through these changes. I appreciate receiving the CEO's weekly message to all team members.

"Great mission"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits. Great mission and life balance.

Cons

Dealing with bureacracy at the federal and organizational level.

"Bad Leadership - overshadows Great Mission"

I worked at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

Read through the reviews you will consistently see that the mission is what is right about SourceAmerica, and that is true.

Cons

Good mission alone does not an organization make...the Senior Leadership Team is destroying the heart of this organization --that though never perfect under the previous leadership -SourceAmerica was far better than it has become under the new CEO. Employees at the middle-management level who report into SLT are not valued -they are forced to conform, to be silent and complicit –OR resign. There is no oversight and no place to take your concerns because the Board and the US AbilityOne Commission have turned a blind eye. They ignore how the SLT treats the employees and the influx of negative morale and staff attrition. It is sad and appalling because all of the good the organization intimates is happening through its mission is overshadowed by the CEO and Senior Leadership Team.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the Board and the Commission -find a way to add more oversight of the behaviors of the SLT, because the mission and employees need your help.

"Part of something greater"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility
    Autonomy
    Empowerment
    Great people at all levels of the company. Working at SourceAmerica is a fantastic learning experience every day. There is a great variety of project and issues to work on, peers are supportive of each other and work is really fun!

Cons

Work hard, play hard! There is no shortage of work to go around. We work really hard, have new ideas that come into play every day, and sometimes not enough support to make things happen in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

We are on a great path to success, however, look for signs of burn-out from the staff that is already over-tasked!

8. "Great company, but needs improvement"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

-Great mission
    -Good employee relationships
    -Nice benefits

Cons

-Changes directed by leadership with no input from employees

"Well Run Organization with Fantastic Mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mission, opportunities, benefits, culture, and it is a collaborative organization with excellent values. Management is heading in the right direction and has a solid plan to address any inefficiencies.

Cons

Like many organizations there are silos that need to come down between departments.

Advice to Management

Stay on course. I see great things for SourceAmerica's future.

"Great company that has seen many changes but is moving in the right direction"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great mission, excellent benefits, challenging projects on which to work, changes in senior leadership resulting in improved relationships/communication between departments, better communication from senior leadership to staff (as requested), improved morale (from my perspective)

Cons

Too many priorities with limited resources to address. Still a great deal of negativity from some staff. Not all staff appear to be held to the same level of accountability, which can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with staff. Address the negativity.