SourceAmerica Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Soroka

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Contract Manager"

I worked at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

Nice place to work with great mission!

Cons

Most of the upper managers are clueless!

Advice to Management

Listen to the voice of employee surveys and actually try to implant the good ideas.

2. "Project Manager"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

Salary and Benefits are good

Cons

Too much bureaucracy. You have to please management even when they are wrong to assure your position.

Advice to Management

Keep it real

3. "Great Mission - Senior Leadership is beyond terrible"

I worked at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

The mission is fantastic and the people are great to work with.

Cons

Unfortunately, the CEO doesn't know how to run an organization. He is over his head with this role. There is no organizational strategy set or any direction coming from the top. The CEO completely relies on his Senior Leadership team to run each of their own depts, which causes discord across the organization-no one is in alignment. They send out employee engagement surveys each year in the attempt to become one of the Best Places to Work and the results are so bad that they never achieve their goals. This last survey showed the level directly below the VPs having the biggest problems at the organization and by a wide margin. I don't see that ever changing.

Advice to Management

Forget trying to achieve the Best Company to Work for and really just care about your employees. Hire an outside company to 100% interview all of your employees to figure out what is going on (not just a sampling) and then not have the VP's involved in the solution of fixing the problems when they ARE the problems.

Sep 6, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about SourceAmerica. We view criticism, even anecdotal criticism, as an opportunity to improve and grow. Your comments specifically address my... More

4. "Great Mission - Lots of Positive Change"

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

Benefits are amazing - unmatched. Lots of new ideas and change. Work is hard, but people are great and atmosphere is fun.

Cons

Change can be tough but good things are happening.

"Senior Team Leader - Commercial Business Dev"

I worked at SourceAmerica full-time

Pros

The mission of creating employment for people with disabilities is most needed work.

Cons

Executive Leaders unable to work together, void of underlining agenda. The organization lacks checks and balance for the leadership - giving them unlimited authority to treat employees unfairly; and to operate unethically. The morale was so low, people managed through fear instead of motivational and compassionate leadership

"A Disfunctional Organization"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at SourceAmerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mission is noble. Helping people with significant disabilities is a great way to give back while learning the federal procurement process. There are great people working here but you will only find them in the lower level and professional positions.

Cons

Where do I start...Leadership; very poor and unethical. Here we find lots of mediocre people who've brown nosed to get ahead. Too many AVPs and Directors who are incompetent and undeserving of their titles. Some of these guys can't even walk and spit at the same time let alone lead a team. If you are good at brown nosing you have stiff competition here. These guys dedicate their time to upstaging each other. There are some leaders in this organization that have been involved with the program for 20 plus years yet have no concept of management. If you are intelligent enough to understand processes or project management, don't waste your time. You already know more than 80% of leadership which makes you a threat. Also, the facts are the facts, this organization deserves to be under scrutiny not because of its failed policies and procedures but for incompetence. This is a group of people that loves to over complicate any process. Leadership can usually be found brainstorming new ideals without addressing current issues, however they are expert at covering their impactful mistakes.

Advice to Management

All of senior management should retire, especially the older staff. You've paralyzed the program by perpetuating distinction while pushing your own selfish agendas to cover up senseless abuse of policy and protect your incompetence. New senior staff should grow a backbone and step up to improve the operations. A couple of you were in the right place at the right time and got lucky. Now is your chance to change perceptions and become an example for the rest of the company. Also there is no room in an organization that supports people to be so inthralled with so many politics. It's a shame to see egos maniacs who fall short on skills blemish the mission of this program. These People are more concerned with job titles then their mission to employ individuals with significant disabilities which should be most important.

Jun 30, 2017 – Director of Communications

We do value feedback and we’re sorry to learn your experience wasn’t the best. Our mission to create employment opportunities and choices for people with disabilities is a vital one. In the time... More

7. "Intern"

Pros

Great experience, amazing people at work

Cons

Sometimes slow at work

"Contract management."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at SourceAmerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only thing good about this company is the fact that they go out and secure government contracts to employee individuals with disabilities.

Cons

Terrible leadership, micro management, top heavy company. Outdated systems, terrible raises. This company is bloated with poor talent, mainly in senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Clean house and bring in real leadership. Too many long time employees who are expensive and do not bring value. Failing company.

Jun 30, 2017 – Director of Communications

We appreciate you letting us know your perspective. We want to know how we can help you with your job satisfaction and we want to address your concerns. We encourage you to connect with the HR folks... More

9. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Williamsburg, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at SourceAmerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Pros are the benefits package

Cons

The type of Leadership, Management Experiences

Advice to Management

NA

10. "Previous Job"

Former Employee - Director of Training in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Director of Training in Vienna, VA

I worked at SourceAmerica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company. Worked there for 7 years

Cons

No review. Worked there for 7 years

Jun 30, 2017 – Director of Communications

Thanks for the kind words. We wish you the best in your new role.