Spacenet Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Spacenet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Dynamic fast paced work environment. Customer focused product development. Clearly moving to dominate market share in telecommunications markets.

Cons

Slight retention issue with new employees.

Advice to Management

Work harder to keep talent on-board.

2. "Be Leery"

Current Employee - Corp Lackey in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Corp Lackey in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Spacenet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very talented people work here, though many have been laid off due to acquisition
    The new owner, Mr Woodard, seems sincere and may be able to get things right.

Cons

Contrary to some other reviews, company is 2-3 yrs or more behind in technology. New owner is trying hard and is a good man, but not sure he realized what he was getting into.

Doesn't seem to be much vision beyond the next month. Constant reorganizations, shuffle same managers to different jobs hoping to find a combination that eventually works, haven't found it yet.

Have seen some actions regarding employees that seem shady. Nothing criminal, but not in line with "we value our employees".

Very little chance for advancement, if a middle or upper level management position does open up they will usually go outside the company to fill the position. VERY top heavy w/ management.

At entry level, very willing to go on the cheap, Turn over at the entry levels is horrendous. Have seen people work for 1 day and quit. Lots of talk about the corp mission statement and values, but mostly just talk.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Many, many things are broken, and it doesn't look like anyone cares. Go beyond the people that tell you what you just what want to hear.

3. "spacenet engineering"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in McLean, VA

Pros

Spacenet is located in McLean Virginia very close to the beltway exit. This makes commuting very easy. Also, the management is relatively relaxed and permits casual working hours and casual attire.

Cons

The financial security associated with this company is questionable. They continue to lose market share and customers. Also, the parent company is not as supportive as they could be.

Advice to Management

Focus the business plan on areas of strength and pursue those application areas and markets where a demonstrated core capability exists.

5. "Strategy anyone???"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

Great benefits and great people to work with

Cons

Lack of leadership, no one looks at the overall strategy or know how to communicate it True talents are discarded only to retain and hire senior management buddies and old co workers. Everyone is looking at their own interest, not how to move the company forward.

Advice to Management

need a major clean up in upper management and sales with fresh blood and true talents.

6. "Spacenet is a very old-fashioned company that needs a serious overhaul to appeal to bright employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Spacenet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-If you enjoy a quiet work environment then you will like Spacenet. No one really talks.
    -Causal dress code
    -Deli on first floor of building
    -good benefits

Cons

-Outdated work spaces
    -Terrible salary
    -No training
    -Commuting from most directions is bad
    -Unintelligent managers

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees and create a better company culture

7. "Great people.....Be prepared to be treated like Sh!t....Stay longer than 6 months at your own risk"

Current Employee - Tier I Representative in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Tier I Representative in Marietta, GA

Pros

Colleagues were nice if you know nothing and have a high tolerance for b.s I mean sky scrapper high then by all means

Cons

Not sure what amount of money they paid previous workers to say it was a good place to work but It must have been a lot.......Cause the one thing you will hear is a whole Lot of complaining about how much that place sucks.

Management was very undermining,Sexual Indiscretions among Managers and Coworkers were turned a blind eye
    Morale was low cause nobody cared,Hr was one of the worst of any job and I'm not exaggerating they were so incompetent it'll make your head spin.The company has been renamed SAGENET,Much like when you live in an apt complex after a murder and they change the name for image sake but trust me its business as usual over their,

This place will SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF YOU.Be prepared to be treated like an IMBECILE DAILY, The way they treat employees should be illegal you may get a position one day to have it taken away the next with out as much as a notice.
    If you ever saw horrible bosses, the office or any other movie about the mundane idiot bosses then come here and meet them in person here,Think I'm exaggerating then by all means dig a career hole and bury yourself in the grave that is Spacenet...or sagenet or what ever they are calling themselves these days.

Advice to Management

I have no advice because I know and everyone whose ever worked their knows you don't really care.Just hurry up and fold already

8. "Nice people to work with, but company has been going changes since their sales"

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Spacenet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, enjoyed working with the finance team

Cons

Benefits have been going down since the ssale of the company

Advice to Management

Keep reasonable benefits for employees

"Horrible Company, Horrible Products and Services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Spacenet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're a friend of someone in management you're set for life.

Cons

Lacks innovation, leadership, insight, drive and focus.

Advice to Management

Every year I've worked here the company has gotten worse with morale crumbling and lackluster leadership and vision. The entire place works in silos and those with friends in high places are abusing their position and the people below them. This is the worst company I've worked for - ever.

10. "myreview"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Spacenet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with the team!

Cons

Nothing much is going on

11. "Few chances of advancement"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Spacenet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company, good benefits, socially responsible thanks to the CEO Glenn Katz

Cons

No chances for advancement. People rarely leave so there are rarely job advancement opportunities. For technical support the emphasis is on what we are doing wrong 1% of the time and not what we are doing right 99% of the time!!!

Advice to Management

Treat technical support like the rest of the company. Let us attend the mandatory meetings like the rest of the company and not have to learn how our job is being affected through hearsay later.