SpineFrontier Reviews | Glassdoor

SpineFrontier Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2019

3.3
SpineFrontier CEO Dr. Kingsley R. Chin (no image)
Dr. Kingsley R. Chin
Pros
  • "Every day I get to work alongside a hard-working and talented team to build a company with purpose(in 8 reviews)

• "Small company atmosphere with great team players and very hard working employees(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Non-competitive salaries, maybe unless you are in upper management(in 5 reviews)

• "high expectations which can be stressful at times especially if you are wearing multiple hats(in 5 reviews)

"Perfect Company If You Like To Be Challenged & To Make Things Happen"

Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Malden, MA

I worked at SpineFrontier full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very good opportunity to learn and grow - Amazing team that is ready to help and support each other all the time - Open structure. If you show initiative you can grow into any position - If you love challenges and love to solve problems – this is the place

Cons

If you are not a positive person and are self motivated you will be miserable. If you always require supervision then you will have hard time.

Advice to Management

Provide better visibility in to the future. Show the clear path to destination and major mile stones company wants to achieve.

SpineFrontier2017-09-20

"Great team of engineers"

I worked at SpineFrontier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team of engineers led by young, passionate and driven engineering managers

Cons

Typical issue that any small sized company will have

SpineFrontier2019-02-26

"Fast paced, good team of colleagues, little chaotic"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at SpineFrontier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots to work on. Opportunities if you are intelligent, hard working.

Cons

Changes in direction. Not sure if the vision is long term - shiny nickels attract attention.

SpineFrontier2019-02-20

"Accounts Payable"

I worked at SpineFrontier full-time for less than a year

Pros

My co-workers and that’s about it this was the worst place I ever worked for.

Cons

The company was trash. The CEO and president don’t know what they are doing.

SpineFrontier2019-01-28

"I would not recommend."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malden, MA

I worked at SpineFrontier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some days you will have a lot of free time. Casual dress.

Cons

No clear direction to where the company is going. High turnover rate leading to no job security. No proper training. Non-competitive salaries, maybe unless you are in upper management. No pay raise even after two years. Unethical company (I will not get into the details)

Advice to Management

Support your staff. Don't be greedy.

SpineFrontier2018-11-26

"Manager"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at SpineFrontier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation potential is the only pro - however you must sell your soul to realize income potential. Young, eager, and tireless staff.

Cons

You name it and Spinefrontier does it wrong. It only became worse as time went on. Gives me anxiety to even to think about my time at Spinefrintier.

Advice to Management

Don’t drop the soap! Keep your passport is a safe place so it doesn’t get confiscated and stop taking photos in the OR.

SpineFrontier2018-01-07

"The Reviews are Fake, Just Like the Company"

I worked at SpineFrontier full-time

Pros

Fun people to work with, worst "management" to work for.

Cons

Believe every bad review (everything before Dec, 2016) and disregard every fake one (which is every one above 2 stars). No bonuses, no 401(K) matching, no ownership, no solid deadlines or priorities, no professional structure (so you keep getting more responsibility without getting paid more), and the "management" has zero actual management experience and no integrity to make the right decisions. They fire their... best sales teams and engineers for disagreeing. At the same time, they bring in outside help for better positions who either quit shortly after or just refuse the job offer instead of investing in their own employees.

Advice to Management

No point in filling out this section.

SpineFrontier2017-12-17

"Graphic designer"

I worked at SpineFrontier full-time

Pros

People you worked day to day with were nice.

Cons

Low pay, Terribile management.

Advice to Management

Stop with unrealistic expectations and contantly changing priorities. Also invest in your employees. There's a reason people are unhappy there

SpineFrontier2017-10-13
  9. "Quality Engineering"

Current Employee - QE Engineer in Malden, MA

I have been working at SpineFrontier full-time for less than a year

Pros

SpineFrontier is a vibrant and a fast growing medical device company. Working with a talented closed knit team gives me the opportunity to be a part of developing technologies that helps make patient life's better everyday.

Cons

I don't know if this is a down side or a con but working in a fast passed ever evolving environment means you have to be on edge. Go above and beyond, accept new challenges.

SpineFrontier2017-08-08
  10. "dedicated and passionate team ready to take on any challenge"

Current Employee - Logistics in Malden, MA

I have been working at SpineFrontier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Small company - there are many advantages to this : - *you can move up quickly - with less peers, hard work and dedication is always noticed - you can wear many hats - allows for experience in multiple fields - you'll work closer with senior leaders - you'll be able to speak with your boss everyday - *you can experiment - you’ll have plenty of chances to test new ideas and you’ll be encouraged to do so - ... Relaxed dress code - casual wear - *Flexibility - at Spinefrontier, unlimited PTO makes it easy to balance work & life - Sense of ownership - all wins are celebrated by the entire team Dedicated Team -Everyone here wants wins - Many and if not all employees wear multiple hats, but the hard-work mixed with teamwork and dedication of the employees, makes life easier here

Cons

Small company - with the good comes the bad : - High Expectations - being a smaller company, everyone has high expectations which can be stressful at times especially if you are wearing multiple hats - You will be challenged - we expect a lot out of our employees on the sole fact that we want to continue to get better. Sometimes a heavy workload for a newer employee can be intimidating - Priorities -... priorities tend to switch directions rapidly which can lead to not only frustration but confusion as well - Fewer formal Training's - no one will hold your hand here, you are expected to know your position and be able to take that position to the next level - Less Resources - the cause of wearing multiple hats - Smaller budget - can make planning new projects / orders / deals difficult

Advice to Management

Be open, attentive and listen to your employees. Sometimes if employees are too quiet, it may mean they are unhappy / depressed and management has to be able to recognize that.

SpineFrontier2017-06-30