KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sprig Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2021

Found 43 of over 51 reviews

3.1
Sprig CEO Gagan Biyani (no image)
Gagan Biyani
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jan 4, 2019 - Line Cook in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work with you for hours

Cons

High turnover for employees but you expect that in the kitchen

2. 4.0

Great

Apr 20, 2021 - Safety Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome benefits and management is great!

Cons

Lots of work . Hard to balance work and personal life.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great team, bummer they closed

Oct 12, 2020 - Customer Support Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart co workers I looked forward to seeing every day. Leadership promoted learning and development, team transparency, and supporting each other especially through mistakes and challenging times. Everyone had a positive attitude and got along well. Rigorous but manageable interview process.

Cons

Not much room for growth. People got along so well that there were already cliques formed when I arrived who would go on outings together, which was difficult to break through.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great engineering team

Apr 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tight-knit engineering team that was smart and supportive of each other, with few to no politics.

Cons

Highly highly competitive industry, with questionable business strategy (not different enough vs. competition) set by management.

5. 5.0

Sprig: Great Food, Great People

Aug 12, 2015 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's been amazing to see Sprig grow from a little group of servers (including the founders) making 10 deliveries per night in a few neighborhoods to now serving all of San Francisco, Palo Alto, and expanding within Chicago. Throughout the process - all the ups and downs and trial and error - Sprig has taken every opportunity to make its product better for the customer and its office and kitchen environments better for the employee. It is great to see that Sprig wants its employees to grow and develop alongside the company. Getting to try the product (aka delicious food) and providing constructive feedback makes one feel, even in an office role, that you have an important say in the finished meals going out to the customers. I have loved my time with Sprig so far and cannot wait to see where we next go!

Cons

As someone who has been with Sprig from the beginning, I have to say that there are few shortcomings. Most of the "cons" that I've encountered while working at Sprig have been hiccups associated with a young company establishing itself. Some people unfamiliar with an environment of consistent change will find themselves uncomfortable with Sprig's atmosphere, but that is just part of the company culture: Constantly trying to develop and better itself.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One Paycheck Ain't Enough!

Feb 5, 2016 - Driver in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I set my own days and hours and I enjoy the extra pay to shop with, etc. and not use my paycheck. I love the nice customers and driving through beautiful neighborhoods. Customers are also nice enough to come out to greet you and return bags. Never had a bad experience and when I drive to the top of the city I can see the beauty of SF. One customer tipped me $5.00. The bag/tray food handlers know me by my name and some of the Customer Service staff will say "is this Ann M." - I feel important. Free food and delicious chocolate cookies; everyone loves me at my Full-time job when I bring cookies. No strangers in my car.

Cons

Hard to park in China Town area - the streets are narrow and some old buildings don't have elevators. I'm getting exercise.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity to make a high impact and eat awesome food

Jul 5, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Sprig for a bit over a year now. It has been a tremendous opportunity to make a high impact in a young company and industry. Employees get the opportunity to be influential in multiple aspects of the company, as the company organization is very flat and the culture very transparent. In general, the company culture has been very comfortable, both internally and externally, with the focus on creating great customer experiences. The team consists of many dextrous and skilled people, including a great supporting cast that has been built over the last several months. There is definitely a passion for taking on challenges and problem solving. There's great food around all the time too.

Cons

It's still a fairly small startup with relatively young managers, so a lot of processes are still being developed within the company. Employees need to be somewhat flexible and ready to move with an evolving company and industry.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Exciting Product and Market

Aug 26, 2015 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been an engineer Sprig for over a year now. It is a very mission driven company tackling a huge market. The company is made up of very talented people with a wide array of different backgrounds which makes meetings and day to day conversations very enlightening. There is no shortage of problems to solve and most of them have never been attempted before which is very exciting for an engineer. Every employee is avid user of the product in and outside of the office which also helps to identify aspects of the user experiences that needs improving. One of the biggest selling points for me was being able to work on a product that I actually use and solves a problem in my own life.

Cons

Sprig is running service 7 days a week, 12 hours a day which makes it difficult to do company outings. This just one of the perils of the on-demand service industry.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Small team doing big things

Jul 3, 2015 - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sprig cares about transforming the food industry for the better by making organic, healthy meals convenient and accessible. For a mission-driven person, this is *the* food company to work for. The team is still really small, so everyone has the opportunity to make an outsized impact. Engineers get involved in recipe testing, designers get involved in packaging. Since we are transforming an industry there is no end to interesting projects. The team is hungry, engaged, and fun to work with. Food people are the best people :) Great investors, great growth trajectory, a unique and differentiated product.

Cons

The company and team have only been around for a year and a half, so there are some things that make an early-stage startup, and Sprig in particular a poor fit for some employees: many processes are just staring to be defined, every employee must be a high performing athlete who's scope is bigger than a job title, the stakes are high because the competitive environment is very active.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Cut pay horrible hours

Jan 28, 2016 - Courier in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay scale at 16$ an hour made the ridiculous hours worthwhile, no longer the case. Only pro is they pay tickets

Cons

They have shift blocks of 3.5 hours with up to 5 hour periods in between shifts. And you never work the full 3.5 hours unless you're the laziest person. So you will put in 2.5 hours have nothing to do for 4 hours then put in 2 hours. Pay is now 12$ an hour 58 cents a mile 25 cents a delivery. Couriers are now no longer allowed inside the hub to use the bathroom or socialize with hub members or collect food. Couriers aren't people. They offer free food which you think would be a perk but it makes you sick. Kitchen staff needs safety training. They had cookies once with marinade on the bottom. Like some one took a spatial they were just using to handle raw chicken to remove cookies from a tray. There have been instances where some of my roommates will eat their food become wildly sick while everyone else in the household is fine. They make it their business to what you have in or on your vehicle though it has nothing to do with your ability to do the job. They currently are 7 yes 7 days late on paying me for my hard work. Another silicone valley company removed from the reality who has dehumanized their workforce shooting for maximum profits.

6 people found this review helpful