Standard Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 13, 2019

1.7
Cheri Frazer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Been here for years, there's a reason I stick around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

I have been working at Standard Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I genuinely enjoy coming to work. There is consistent year over year growth which presents new opportunities. Being a smaller company, you will serve many different roles, but I enjoy that aspect of the job. Also, with regards to a previous post stating that Sr. management works 10-4, they obviously have never gotten an email from the CEO at midnight regarding a claim.

Cons

Lack of consistent pay increases, however there are multiple bonus opportunities which more than makes up for a 3% salary bump.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing food. I love free food.

2. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Standard Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable, friendly and professional management and co-workers, Competitive salary and benefits, opportunity to earn bonuses.

Cons

There are no real cons

3. "IF CURRENT EMPLOYEE THEN RUN, IF APPLYING THEN APPLY ELSEWHERE. NO RAISES GIVEN"

I worked at Standard Insurance full-time

Pros

The single only pro of this place is that the employees in the bull pen are some of the greatest people you will find. Downstairs management will feed you consistently but I have often wondered if this is simply a way to keep employees distracted from the fact that there is no pay increases given and a way for them to "show" their appreciation towards employees. I'll take a raise over a breakfast bagel any day.

Cons

Oh wow where to even start. This company is operating in the most inefficient manner possible. A large contributing reason for this is the outdated doss systems. If you work in claims then you are not really an adjuster, you're more of a glorified receptionist as you will do all the leg work and pass it on for the managers to make a claim decision. Your opinion is irrelevant however they expect you to stamp your name on all claim decisions regardless of how you feel the outcome should be. They have no problem putting your license at risk. They do not trust you to make any actual adjusting decisions. The computers are beyond old some of them are even running windows 98, the fax machine and printers break down on an hourly basis, and the absolute waste of paper is just astonishing. This company loses great employees at a disturbingly consistent basis. The reason they all leave is the same, a combination of bad management from downstairs and a complete lack of pay raises. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT GIVE RAISES. They do not take into account the increase cost of living from each year. They have current employees who have been working here for years and are still making the same. I'm not sure what the last person was talking about with "frequent bonus opportunities" as this is a complete lie. I'm willing to bet the last person to comment is a department manager as the only employees that stay here are those who have made it as department managers. This is because they are the only ones who are compensated fairly and receive perks such as sports tickets or a trip to one of the vacation homes that the owners have. It is beyond frustrating to see the downstairs owners take 2 week long vacations multiple times a year, arrive at work at 10 AM, leave at 3 PM, and take a 2 hour lunch. Meanwhile there is no actual sick time that is given and you must use your PTO for sick days or even family funerals. I've worked for many different companies in the insurance industry and this one is by the far the most mismanaged company I have had the displeasure to work for.

Advice to Management

If it is no evident by now, GIVE ACTUAL RAISES. At the very least you could take increase cost of living into consideration. Even the last person to comment, who put a positive review, even pointed out the complete lack of pay raises.

"Only a paycheck with no raises"

I worked at Standard Insurance full-time

Pros

Only a paycheck with no raises.

Cons

Lies. No advancement and no raises more work. To be somebody that matters you can only work downstairs. Btw downstairs is always locked. Lol

Advice to Management

To keep people treat as such. Quit taking 2 week vacations every month and show up when you expect others to. Nobody else can work 10 to 4 with a two hour lunch

"Run far away from working here"

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Horrible culture, rotten management, hypocrites, old Dos systems, gossip, gossip, gossip.

6. "Old Doss systems , they work from paper files even the adjusters home & auto. They overload customer service&claims"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Colleyville, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Colleyville, TX

I worked at Standard Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay, but money is the root to all evil, where there lies money there lies evil. The company IS NOT holy like their commericals lie and say.

Cons

They only have 3 people to answer the phones and about 4 adjusters TOTAL with a high turnover rate. They intentionally lie to customers who sign up for policies with no renters insurance but they will lie and tell you that you have it, and the claims department intentionally delays or denies claims. They require verbal and written statements for accidents, which causes more calls for customer service for a claims adjuster. They fire people at will, nothing Christian about this place. More deception than truth THERE ARE NO RAISES FYI. But you will see the CEO and family on month long vacations, new cars ,new bars and restaurants they're opening but they dont share with the pheasants aka employees . If you work in sales and are good they will find a reason to fire you or think that youre crunching numbers. This company used to be Rodney D Young. All old money......follow the trail and roots

Advice to Management

Stop sitting around ordering from amazon all day and having the mail people pick it up, STOP FEEDING PEOPLE YOUR LEFT OVER SCRAPS FROM YOUR DINNER OVER THE WEEKEND. Your workers are not pheasants or slaves! Give them raises. Upgrade computers, switch from all paper everything to desktop like everyone else.

Standard Insurance Response

Oct 3, 2018 – President

Standard certainly welcomes and encourages constructive feedback from both current and former associates. We do respectfully disagree with the claims made in this review as they are inaccurate and... More

7. "Not what they say they are"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

I worked at Standard Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decor is always up to date

Cons

Management acts like 14 year old girls gossiping and shunning employees they believe are ungrateful, HR is unprofessional, attending the Christmas party is more important than meeting goals, new ideas are unwelcome

Advice to Management

Train your employees instead of buying new couches all the time. Appreciate what they do for you instead of public ally humiliating them. Actual sick time would boost morale so that people don’t have to use all their vacation days as sick days.

8. "Management is unstable"

Pros

The pay was decent. I loved the people I worked with. It wasn't hard to find better money though. Not worth the drama.

Cons

Owner is crazy. Has anger management issues. Performance means nothing. The value those who flatter management over those who work hard.

Advice to Management

Take some classes in interpersonal communication and think before you speak.

"Great place to work."

Pros

Great place to work! I've been here many years and I love it.

Cons

None that I can think of.

10. "Standard Insurance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

I worked at Standard Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

excellant company to work for

Cons

worked as contract employee