Status Labs Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "SEO Specialist"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Status Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

dog-friendly office with lots of lighting, super supportive and open management that is easy to talk to, relaxed dress code, awesome culture with lots of staff events, so I can't think of any downsides. I've learned so much about SEO strategy and client management within my short time of being here

Cons

It's a super relaxed environment that allows for employees to work independently with a wide variety of projects and clients, so sometimes it can be easy to get off task.
     Lot's of time sitting down at a computer, so if you are someone who needs to move around, it could feel tiresome.
    The management also tends to encourage independence and self-management, so it's not an environment that tells people concretely what to do every day. It is definitely for someone who is a self-starter and seeking to grow through personal development. Because there is such a large client base each with unique needs.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Depends on what you are looking for."

I have been working at Status Labs full-time

Pros

Autonomy, casual attire, great office location, dog friendly office

Cons

Quite a bit of drama.

3. "Growing startup"

I have been working at Status Labs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Located in downtown Austin, the team is very supportive, and the office environment is casual.

Cons

The strange parking situation, but that is common to downtown jobs.

4. "SEO Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Status Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay coworkers that work well as a team.

Cons

Awful management that is cheap with their budget. Pay is below average as well.

5. "Supportive Culture / Creative Developement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Status Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our current leadership is truly invested in their employees' development, growth and success. I love the comfortable office setting and collaborative culture that is continuously cultivated here at SL. We brainstorm better campaign solutions together and everyone is really helpful across departments to lend a creative hand. What is truly special is that our CEO, COO and the whole management team really celebrates wins (think TRAVEL! extra vacation days, bonuses, etc) and gives credit when its deserved so the whole team knows who is deserving of kudos when a project is doing really well! There's a ton of autonomy - which anyone with a background in corporate business can appreciate - and a freedom to try out new digital solutions, or creative new business offerings. The culture and success here might start from the top down, but input and suggestions have no barriers. Business transparency is huge priority. Overall it's the best workplace I've ever encountered.

Cons

In Austin we are extremely pet friendly (PRO!) and built mainly of young professionals - but that sometimes mean a messier-than-normal office. It's not a big point of contention, but anyone used to a very clean/corporate workplace might see our growing pains of going from startup to larger firm.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees - they are the digital pros on the ground who can identify new solutions and strategies. Thank you for building an incredible company!!

6. "I love SL"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Status Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people! so many smart, talented, and genuinely cool people. we have fun and we get stuff done. I've learned so much in my time here, professionally and personally. It's an amazing team to be a part of.

Cons

no cons. I love this place.

Advice to Management

keep being amazing by supporting and encouraging our team to learn and grow!

7. "I really *really* like working here"

I have been working at Status Labs full-time

Pros

-Incredible team (from top to bottom) I feel so encouraged and supported in my role at work and also in my goals outside of work. I never thought I'd have a job where the people I work with truly are like a lil family.
    -My dog is welcomed at the office. No elaboration necessary- just awesome.
    -Work culture is on point. I think it'd be hard to be unhappy when you have great people, good food, dogs, cold brew on tap, and Lady Bird Lake right outside the door.
    -Your hard work and efforts are recognized and celebrated.
    -I am constantly learning. Every single day. And I LOVE that. Really brilliant people who are also open to bounce your own ideas off is amazing.

Cons

- Literally zero cons that I've come across.

Advice to Management

-Keep recognizing and developing the talents/ideas on the team and I believe we will continue growing beautifully!

8. "Sales"

I worked at Status Labs full-time

Pros

-Uncapped commissions
    -Hours are reasonable
    -Good office location

Cons

-Micromanagement
    -No culture
    -Poor compensation
    -No sales structure

9. "Full-time employee"

I worked at Status Labs full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment, great coworkers

Cons

Disorganized, no leadership, poor compensation

10. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Status Labs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture has been really great, fun team and a lot of perks that make coming into work enjoyable (dogs in the office everyday, flexible hours, weekly catered lunches)

Really balanced perspective from leadership in terms of sales goals and operations capacity

Compensation and incentives have improved and grown over the years to encourage the everyone to help us keep growing. We met our 2016 sales goals and the whole company was treated to a trip to Hawaii

Cons

Lack of traditional structure, takes a lot of independence to be in any of the roles, so its difficult if you're more comfortable being told what to do with set trajectory

Advice to Management

Ive been working here for a few years and management really improved when they forced out bad leadership and put Darius and Jesse at the helm of the company. As long as they keep pace with scaling operations as sales grow, I think the company will continue to be successful.