KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

StoreHub Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2022

Found 144 of over 153 reviews

3.5
StoreHub Chieftain Wai Hong Fong (no image)
Wai Hong Fong

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good and friendly colleagues (But most of them left company already)(in 17 reviews)
  • "Nice office and people outside of the management are good people(in 11 reviews)
  • "Amazing culture and vibe.(in 8 reviews)
  • "1.The office is nice if you are in Malaysia (cannot say the same for Thailand and Philippines)(in 7 reviews)
  • "Positive and comfortable working environment.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

i love my job here

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Colleagues are as a rule friendly, helpful, intelligent. - Great work-life balance if you want it, little danger in getting managed out. Good advancement opportunities as it is a successful startup. -Great Guidance and support at work and even outside of work. - It has been a privilege to work here * Amazing people from my experience, everyone is super friendly and great to work with, very inclusive and felt like I had made some real good friends .

Cons

please bear o=in mind that this is a startup, and we all need to work to build this company. but just know, you will have a great support system here!

10 people found this review helpful

StoreHub Team

Hi there, Thank you for writing this review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working with everyone here – we always strive to hire not just talented individuals, but also those with the same winning mindset that you have. We’re also glad that you appreciate having the right support and guidance, as we believe that it is only in working together with each other (regardless of position and hierarchy) that we’re able to drive meaningful results. Thank you for your kind words :)

2. 2.0

Not a place to grow

Jun 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Flexible working hours (no punch card system) 2. Snacks available in pantry 3. Free coffee 4. After-work activities 5. Friendly colleagues

Cons

1. Higher management never cared about employee mental well being 2. Work-life balance isn’t their priority - we are now back from hybrid work arrangement to full force wfo, even though with so many requests to wfh/ hybrid as some employees are living far from office + wfh did not affect work performance, the company chose to neglect our needs 3. Inhumanly hire process for sales team - you get hired and they make you do a lot of self study, record videos of you pitching and expect your product knowledge to be excellent in a week. Not hitting the insanely high target? Instant termination 3. Turnover rate is getting higher, some good ones are leaving. 4. Company does not appreciate if you raised any negative comments. 5. You’ll be labeled as low performer if you refused to be micromanaged. 6. Favoritism is happening in some teams (whoops too obvious!) 7. Wanna climb up the corporate ladder? Butter up your boss is the quickest way. Hard work rewards you with nothing.

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you like to be a slave you are more than welcome to be part of Storehub!

Jun 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

macbook for company laptop free snack? thats all i can think of.

Cons

1. Bad Higher management culture -ignorant to all the problems SPINING subordinates ,leading and training them be the best slave in the world! 2. Requesting subordinate to work on weekend , PH , OT without paying compensations! 3.Micromanaging subordinate till the max 4.Request the non sales subordinate to do sales without paying incentives and commissions. 5.No internal department communications when a new projects starts. 6. Systems always have problems, but they never seems to spending effort solving but spinning the customers around . 7.Toxic management that need you to kiss their axx only will give you increment or promotions If you wish to have a promotion or increment remember to mock those higher management shoe and kiss their axx. Bow to them be their slave. 8. Super CINA company, love to exploit their emoloyees, and who ever is not kissing their axx they will say you are not the right person! You are the wrong person? Please listen to all the bad comments here , those are real comments! Those 4-5 star comments are all fake and was doing by HR to increase the overall rating of glassdoor, I know it is disgusting But it is true!

13 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Tech startup with the tools, people and innovative culture

Mar 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) Flat structure provides opportunity to interact with the leadership team including the CEO and founders. 2) Every employee's voice is heard and every feedback is taken seriously 3) Working tools , i.e. laptop and applications are first class 4) One of the best looking office in town 5) Flexible work arrangement 6) Opportunity to fast track your career for driven individuals 7) Rare opportunity to join a progressive tech startup and learn technology along the way 8) A company which truly lives by its vision and mission. 9) Results driven organisation with no office politics 10) Opportunity to create your own thing ( i.e. processes, tools, way of working)

Cons

As with any other startup, this is a tech startup which is not for the faint hearted and for those who enjoys status quo. Startups exist to disrupt the norm and is ultra competitive. Exciting for those who enjoy change and improvement. But, for those who expects to be spoon-fed at their own pace, this is not for you. The latter explains for most of the negative reviews. And, for you to validate the authenticity of this review, feel free to ask the interviewer my above points to see if this is the right company for you.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A short uncertain future

Jun 21, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

You do have a good support system for what matters. But that would be the only good thing to say.

Cons

- Unethical hiring process: For this position as an AE, after you passed the interview, you receive the offer letter, you leave your previous employer and then you go into StoreHub only to do more assessments within a week. If you fail, resit. If you fail the resit, you get terminated. This was my experience. I left my only source of income in the promise of getting to a better place. If you have nothing to lose, maybe this could be the place for you. But if you have financial commitments, please go look somewhere else. -Unjust assessment: As much as they say, "keep on grinding", imagine cramping in company product knowledge and their method of sales pitching (this could be difficult if you have no prior sales experience like me) in a week. As much as the learning process was good, but to be added pressure on being graded on how well you apply these things and at the cost of being terminated? I truly believe that no one should ever go through this at all. - A vague warning: As much as I've stated in the cons so far, it was written in the agreement that you would be terminated if you don't pass their assessments in the first week you start there. However, please get them to clarify and verbally mention it to you and walk you through the WHOLE agreement. I was blind sighted by all the good in the money and benefits, only to be screwed over by having to leave the morning I failed the resit to the assessment. Until now, Im not even sure if Im even getting paid for the one week there. Let this be a warning for all that is reading through and considering joining as an Account Executive in StoreHub.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience and great journey so far

Jan 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lean Org structure leading by Chieftain, CTO, Head of Marketing and Head of Sales & CX. Everybody has chance to shine as long u willing to step up and take ownership of the tasks Clear vision and goal from top management, everybody working towards the same direction and doing meaningful work A lot of internal promotion and internal transfer based on player's (employee's) career interest, believe in self-motivation Structural performance appraisal including self-assessment and monthly 1-1, leaders are open minded in receiving feedback Supportive working culture, mid level managers and Team lead will do whatever it takes to solve an issue. Other perks - Free parking, unlimited supply of Nespresso and drinks in the fridge

Cons

Not exactly cons but bear in mind most of the startup company are: Fast pace (it come with flexibility), need to be ready for ad-hoc tasks when there are new things or issue come out Reward employee based on contribution, improvement or impact has been made rather than based on tenure or just doing BAU

4 people found this review helpful

StoreHub Team

Hi there, Thank you for highlighting what you appreciate about the StoreHub team. We’re glad that you’re clear on the vision and goals, and experience the supportive work culture of our Team Leads and Managers! In regards to our promotions, you're right - we reward employees based on their contributions, scope of responsibilities, and impact. We’re very proud of Hubbers who continue to strive for excellence! In terms of performance appraisals, we do take into consideration not only each person’s capabilities but also their career interests. We know that growth is enabled by a willingness and openness towards feedback and change, hence the practice of this mindset through the monthly 1:1s. It's true that the fast pace has its pros and cons - there’s a certain degree of flexibility, but it also demands agility and adaptability. We know that this environment is attractive for some, and for others, it’s just not their cup of tea. Thank you for the well wishes, and we will certainly keep our attention on hiring awesome people with the right culture fit.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Everything you expect from a functioning startup

Jan 7, 2022 - People Engagement Senior Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to learn and progress In my 2 years in StoreHub, I have managed to dabbled into various departments and learned different skills, going from Product trainer to Customer Success to finally settle in the People team as People Engagement Executive. Meaningful and impactful work One of the pros (and sometimes con) of working in a startup is that things could be adjusted easily. This means that processes could be improved, foundations could be built and impact could be seen more tangibly. Most projects that I have worked with are often projects that brings impactful result to the team and the company.

Cons

Fast changes As mentioned in the pros, things could change really quickly here and it would be hard to find a comfort spot to settle down in your work. Learning progress as a company It's a relatively young company and it is still in its journey of learning and improving. There are times where mistakes are made in the management level and because it comes from that level, the impact and consequences are also bigger. What I do appreciate however, is that they will also always try to learn from their mistakes.

3 people found this review helpful

StoreHub Team

Hi there, Thank you for detailing your experiences in your review. It’s great to read that you had the opportunity to progress in a few teams, and we are delighted to know that you recognise and have pride in your impact! We understand that our fast pace and agility can be daunting for some, or is maybe just not their cup of tea. Every organisation has its own style, and we’re aware of ours. Innovation often requires iterations on the fly, and certainly an openness towards new findings and approaches. Change isn’t easy for anyone, but we’re a very driven bunch, rarely settled in the comfort zone. As forward moving as we are, like you said, we’re still a relatively young company. We do make mistakes, and truly appreciate teammates who have given us candid feedback directly. We would also like to thank you for acknowledging that we do our best to learn, and make changes as we go. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Solid employee training

Jan 27, 2022 - Sales Manager in Manila, Manila
    Business Outlook

Pros

-You get to work with amazing leaders who know the ropes and has consistently communicated a clear vision everytime. -You will be under leaders who are passionate on YOUR growth. They really go out of their way to hone you to be better on what you do. Feedback are timely, concise and straightforward. (This might be something people tend to grapple with especially if you are not used to having these conversations but the essence is it is for your growth. At the end, it is substance over form.) -Goals are laid out clearly. There is a very good understanding on what is expected and what are the tasks to do in order to achieve them. Processes and tools are in place in track.

Cons

-Product may need to be localized to the t. Market sentiment cannot be assumed to be the same among all regions -HR may address employee engagement especially in a pandemic for their offshore markets like Philippines and Thailand

3 people found this review helpful

StoreHub Team

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to detail these points. We do hold our Coaches to high standards, of having strong drive and clarity in what it takes to achieve our goals. They’re also expected to effectively communicate those goals, and provide coaching moments for their team members’ growth and development. You’re absolutely right in that feedback isn’t as easy as it seems - it takes as much effort to give as it is to receive. That being said, it’s more important that it is actually done, in a timely and candid manner, as how you mentioned. We understand that feedback can be “difficult to grapple with” as it invites us to reflect and even change. Thank you for your feedback on how we could improve in terms of localisation in the markets we operate in. During the pandemic, we had to move swiftly, and at times try new strategies not just in our headquarters, but also in our other country offices, which we understand had its hiccups. Since then, we have continued to hire strong leaders in these markets, working with them to roll out initiatives that are more targeted. We appreciate your constructive review, and the contributions that you made while you were here. Wishing you all the best moving forward!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Review

May 10, 2022 - Fleet Coordinator in Damansara
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good teamwork, salary, benefit & environment

Cons

Startup company, work life balance, nothing

2 people found this review helpful