Storm Guard Reviews

3.9
Storm Guard President  Shane Lynch
Shane Lynch
0 Rating

"Great sales job even without experiencd"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Storm Guard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Storm Guard offers continual education, flexible hours and great compensation. Owner and sales manager were very understanding when I needed time off for my kids when they were sick. They provided a corporate iPhone, use of company truck and an iPad. Tons of referral work and leads were equally distributed to all of the sales reps

Cons

Saturday’s in the summer can be busy. There is door knocking but a ton of leads come in.

2. "Roofing Salesman"

4.0
    Current Employee - Salesman in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Storm Guard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Hours Base pay with Commission Good pay if you are committed

Cons

Business is slow during the mont of December

3. "Post employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Storm Guard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Storm Guard was more than a Roofing Company for me, The Charlotte office was my family. Storm Guard took me in within two weeks after I left the military and gave me my first civilian job since high school. Chris Munro was able to teach me how to be successful and allowed me to hit the ground running. I had no prior sales or roofing experience before storm guard. Although they made sure I studied and was taught everything I needed to know to help the customer, myself and the company. Dawn, their office manager is truly the backbone of this store. When you work as an independent contractor, the one who does all the filing, build scheduling and everything behind the scenes is truly a life saver to have. Great staff with Chris, Dawn, Jordan and Mike. None of us would of been able to be successful without our leader and franchisee Jim. He knows exactly how to motivate each of his team members and rewards you every chance you can. I would still be working there to this day if I didn’t have to move for family matters.

Cons

There is no location in NY

Continue reading
  4. "Above Average But a Grind"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Storm Guard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Prospects of good money if it storms

Cons

Hard to make a living selling door to door

Continue reading
  5. "Very professional and fun company to work for."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Storm Guard part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for StormGuard has been a great experience, both professionally and personally. The owner is very understanding when it comes to family and school, and he’s always willing to lend a hand or help in any way possible. The atmosphere holds a professional standard, but there is always fun to be had at any given moment. All in all, Storm Guard has been the best company I’ve worked for, and I highly recommend applying and giving it a shot.

Cons

There can be some late nights working on the production side because construction work can sometimes present problems that must be solved before leaving the job site.

6. "Storm Guard Charlotte"

Current Employee - Field Inspector in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Storm Guard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Storm Guard has an excellent environment and the work they do here is very quality. I am fairly new here and my managers and co workers have been very supportive in my growth here in the company.

Cons

It’s hard work, but if you are willing to put in the effort you will fit right in.

7. "A Worthwhile Investment of My Time and Energy"

Current Employee - Senior Field Inspector in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Storm Guard full-time

Pros

- Make my own schedule - No uncomfortable forced sales pitch -Fun supportive atmosphere - Management that incentives positive production - Ability to increase ones brand - Teaches sales skills and overcoming objections - Ability to work outdoors I came from a service industry position, more specifically waiting tables. I had never previously worked in sales and was nervous to be thrust into a position that I felt I was not equipped to handle. The company gave me the skills I needed to complete the introduction with a homeowner, show them the value of what we do for them, and finally close the sale and collect payment for services rendered.

Cons

Some homeowners can present difficulties, but the job provides the tools to handle most situations.

8. "Storm Guard- Charlotte"

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Storm Guard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Owner is very helpful Corporate management is driven to support the teams and franchises. Great pay Team driven

Cons

Hard work and long hours. But good compensation reflects effort.

9. "Storm Guard of Charlotte is Fantastic!"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Storm Guard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Storm Guard of Charlotte is without a doubt one of the best jobs I have ever had! The people who work in the office are so nice, supportive, and always there when you need them. You really feel the team atmosphere as soon as you walk in the door. Also, they remember the little details such as your hire date, birthday, or even your next hair appointment and they take time to celebrate it. It's such a fun, positive place to work! I highly recommend you check them out the next time you are on the job hunt.

Cons

It's quite a commute from where I currently live but, that's more my issue than theirs.

Continue reading
  10. "FANTASTIC PLACE TO WORK!!!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Storm Guard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome owner & employees, great atmosphere - just a fantastic place to work and so happy I do.

Cons

nothing from me on this one

Found 28 reviews