Strategic Analysis Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Opportunities Abound"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Springs, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Springs, MD

I have been working at Strategic Analysis (More than a year)

Pros

SA gives its hard workers plenty of opportunity. an employee has the opportunity to experience great growth if s/he wants.

Cons

With opportunity comes responsibility. One must learn to balance all responsibilities.

2. "OK Employers with sub par benefits"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Strategic Analysis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a solid reputation with my client (DoD) thus there is a guarantee of work. All of the typical workplace features like a corporate office, HR, Payroll, orientation and benefits are included.
    Very little management oversight on my work, my client was basically my manager.

Cons

SA is a quaint mid size company but it pales in comparison to its large firm rivals. Medical benefits are the worst I have ever seen. I made sure to switch to my partners' insurance before deciding to have children... It's pretty apparent the reason SA can offer higher compensation is because they have negotiated abysmal benefits packages. None of their plans offer out of network coverage and the one plan that does has a $5k deductible that must be met first.
    Bonuses are in the $1k-$2500 range. Don't get me wrong a bonus is always a plus, but when its less than 1% of your take home pay, it's not like a huge thank you. SA is in a tough spot because larger competitors will offer better benefits while small firms will offer more pay and some "new age" benefits like money towards gym memberships or fun things. SA won't even pay for your parking spot or a new hire lunch. I can see if you are entry level or a junior hire, but mid level and experienced hires are used to being treated better. Seriously... what job have you ever taken where someone doesn't take you out to lunch your first week?
    There is not much cross training at your job and not much corporate sponsored training.

Advice to Management

Negotiate better benefits or at least offer a "fun" benefit so I can attract other colleagues to take a look at SA's job postings. Take new hires out to lunch. Forgo holiday party and offer higher bonuses or another fun perk.

3. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristow, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristow, VA

I have been working at Strategic Analysis (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are first class and opportunities abound. Family atmosphere is apparent from day 1. Senior leadership is very involved.

Cons

I can't think of anything that would be a "con". I firmly believe the company is solidly in your corner.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work with your relationships with both customer and employee.

"Family Focused Employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Strategic Analysis (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Cares about welfare of employees
    - Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

- Most staff work as contractors at government worksites, so it's more difficult to get to know people in the company

5. "You need a thick skin..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Small, family based government contracting company. At first everyone is respectful, cordial and nice. I do not know how the offsite working environment is but the internal ops team is different.

Cons

I worked in the internal ops team and to this day I must admit it is a brutal world. You must have thick skin to put up with the back stabbings, the gossips, the disrespect and insults from the managers. They management claim they are there to help but when you ask them it is a negative on your review because they are disappointed you are not a walking program encyclopedia. You are not valued as a member unless you are best friends with the CEO or the CEO's childhood friends who has control over the CFO and COO. It is very sad. I was blamed for errors that other department made, I was told "it's not your error but it is your fault". Management was not helpful, very evil Work there at your own risk unless you enjoy crying to yourself in your own office on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Be fair, have management undergo HR training, learn about EEOC rules and laws

6. "Good family company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Strategic Analysis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly and very capable. Supports interesting clients and work requirements can be diverse. Close-knit culture and small-sized company keep it from feeling too corporate.

Cons

Career development and tracks seem absent. Management doesn't always seem proactive in working with employees to enable career advancement. Various client can also make it difficult to get to know other employees.

Advice to Management

Keep seeking to find quality benefits with good vendors. Consider developing a plan that helps employees know where they are in career development.

7. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

great working atmosphere that you like coming into each day

Cons

low pay for having college degree

Advice to Management

more training is needed

"Great perks"

Former Employee - Indide Sales in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Indide Sales in Detroit, MI

I worked at Strategic Analysis part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free full size samples every month. Flexible hours.

Cons

The same as any other retail environment. Making quotas..Stresses out managers when sales are behind

9. "Nice, family-run company"

Former Employee - Program Analyst I in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Program Analyst I in Arlington, VA

I worked at Strategic Analysis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SA really treated their employees like family: Everyone went to bat for you. They really tried to make sure you felt like part of the company, even if you (like most) worked offsite at another location.

Cons

Low pay, compared to other contractors. Not as many employee appreciation events like in years past, which created less comeraderie between SA employees

Advice to Management

Start reinvesting in your employees again!

10. "Necessary to eat!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Great location, benefits and gym in the building.

Cons

No bonus and limited understanding of IP world.