Stream Companies Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

4.1
Stream Companies CEO David Regn
David Regn
Pros
  • "Fun work environment and great people(in 16 reviews)

• "It's a very relaxed environment with a lax dress code and flexible hours(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The work is fast-paced but that's expected when you work for an advertising agency(in 16 reviews)

• "However, still no HR department(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Employee - Loving It So Far!

May 11, 2021 - Social Media Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have only been at Stream for 2 weeks, but I am loving it so far. I work from home and training for a new job virtually is a challenge but everyone has been so great. Trainings all have decks attached to them that are very thorough and detailed and easy to access for future reference. Everyone has been so patient and kind and is always ready to hop on a call or do a screen share for additional help when needed. The benefits are nice. Health insurance starts on your first day! Also a $500 yearly education credit and flexible work schedule.

Cons

I can't think of any right now.

2. 5.0

Breath Of Fresh Air!

Apr 27, 2021 - Paid Search Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't say enough good about Stream. From the amazing benefits to the leadership, this place is a much needed breath of fresh air in my career. -Leadership is actually LEADERSHIP! They assist when needed and help mold you into a skilled employee. -Same goes for management. A very hands-off approach which I greatly appreciate coming from an agency that I was heavily micro-managed at. I'm actually feeling like a trusted and respected individual. -Environment so far has been a unique situation since most of Stream is currently working remote but I have no doubt that once we all meet IRL, I will quickly become friends with my team and others. -Monthly check-ins are implemented to express your concerns and voice your opinions about work related things. This is a big plus for me as it gives me an outlet for my mental health. -Benefits are just impeccable. Insurance, PTO, and other perks. Just a real solid package all around that is the cherry on top of the Stream experience.

Cons

The same cons you would experience at any other agency. Nothing out of the ordinary, just simple things like "hey, we needed this report by ___ but actually we need it today" type deal. Hiccups in communication here and there. I wouldn't say this is the worst con in the world, just being as transparent as possible.

3. 5.0

The perks are insane!

Apr 26, 2021 - Inbound Marketing Copywriter
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s the perks for me. Stream is EXTREMELY upfront about what they can offer employees, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find all the benefits they offer and all the perks that come with working here, but for posterity – and to get my point across – I’m going to go ahead and list them out here anyways. Here goes, *Tons of PTO… not just vacation, but also sick days and holidays *Annual education allowance to go towards school/certs *Full benefits *Onsite café *Free food *Free parking *Free chair massages *Random tickets to concerts and games *Tons of fun company events and activities *Company charity events (these are also fun but it’s a different kind of fun) Plus, the hours are flexible and you don’t have to worry about coming in to work every day dressed in a suit and tie. They really don’t care what you wear as long as you don’t look like a bum and you get the work done. It’s a very chill, laid back kind of company.

Cons

I mean, it’s still a job. You still have to come in every day and actually get work done. It would be nice if we could get paid to just eat free food and get massages.

4. 5.0

A Great Overall Experience

Apr 26, 2021 - Inbound Copywriter in Cherry Hill, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I think Stream not only has an engaging and welcoming work environment, but it's genuinely positive. There's no sense of discomfort amongst coworkers and everyone is very willing to work together to create the best possible experience. I think that's truly incredible. The workload isn't too much, I think it's distributed well. There's also just a lot of communication, so that there isn't ever any misunderstandings or confusion. With the lax culture and ability to maneuver your schedule, I think Stream really strives to achieve both excellence for its work and for employees' comfort.

Cons

I can't think of any cons off the top of my head -- I imagine there might be some with the learning curve of understanding the content, but it's all a process and the team is very understanding and helpful. They assist every step of the way. No cons here!

5. 5.0

New Hire Experience

Apr 28, 2021 - New Hire
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of training material: StreamU (training) for new hires, gives a broad overview of company culture and what to expect, as well as video tutorials for frequently used programs within Microsoft Office and project management systems. The process was pretty much self-driven. Training for my day-to-day tasks has been well-paced and i am able to learn through doing. There is also yoga (virtual during COVID) every Friday morning and free chair massages (once back in person) and gym membership reimbursement. Overall a very youthful and fun environment. Lastly, it seems the company is always listening to feedback and making improvements based on that info.

Cons

There seems to be a very hands-off attitude when it comes to training and just company culture in general seems very casual. This works for me, but I could see how it might also be a con for some. This also could vary from team to team/manager to manager.

6. 2.0

Decent For Entry Level, Terrible For Anyone Who Has Experience

Mar 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you have a good immediate team, they will make this job bearable (at least for the short-term). This job is a great way to get experience at an agency, especially if you have no advertising experience. There's a decent work/life balance, depending on who your direct supervisor is.

Cons

Account Directors and Project Managers are clueless. Half the time, you are expected to do their job on top of doing your own job. If they make a mistake that impacts your work, you're the one who gets chewed out - not them. They do not understand digital strategy, yet those who do have zero input. Not only are DCS clueless, but many directors are rude and demeaning. Your input doesn't matter. They're already sold the client on promises and don't care how they are fulfilled. Things are extremely disorganized. Despite having a workflow system, everyone uses it differently, making it difficult to keep track of to-dos on projects. Despite promises for growth, there is no performance plan, no formal yearly reviews, or set opportunities for raises. There are informal monthly check-ins with your direct supervisor, but no incentives to keep working harder. No HR department - which is questionable for a company of over 500 people. Pay is decent, but not competitive by any means. What is most disappointing is that the company is set in its ways. There's very much the mindset of "we do things this way because we've always done it this way".

11 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hard work is duly rewarded

May 5, 2021 - Inbound Copywriter
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been openly recognized and rewarded every single time I put in extra effort or went above and beyond on a project. It’s incredibly motivating and I can’t remember a time when I wanted to do more than was expected by a significant amount more. Working in an environment that actually rewards an employee’s work is more fulfilling than it’s possible to describe in words. It’s something that you just have to experience for yourself.

Cons

I can’t stand lazy employees who complain about everything instead of addressing them outright. I’ll never understand people like that and I hate working with them.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pleasant co-workers

May 9, 2021 - Digital Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendliest co-workers this side of the Nile. The people here genuinely care about you. Not just the “how’s your day going” type of caring just to make small talk but the kind of caring that if someone asks how your day is going they actually mean it. I didn’t think I’d get hooked to a job just because I like my co-workers but here we are…

Cons

There’s a repetitive aspect to the job. Nothing too bad but it should still be noted.

9. 5.0

No helicopter managing

Apr 13, 2021 - Digital Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

You’re left almost entirely to your own devices. Once you’re no longer in the 6-month “test” period to see if you’ll be a good fit and whether or not you can handle the workload and management’s expectations, you’re practically your own boss. You have full freedom to create your own schedule and, as long as the work gets done and you never miss a deadline, you won’t ever have a manager breathing down your neck or checking in with you randomly “just to check in”.

Cons

Not the ideal environment for people who need a lot of guidance or who like to be told what to do. Management likes taking a hands-off approach because they can spend time doing more important things, so don’t apply if you’re not the type to take responsibility and do it yourself.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

So far it’s exactly what I expected

Apr 28, 2021 - Assistant Digital Media Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stream has been exactly what I was expecting based on the interview process and everything that was promised me after being hired on. No unexpected (or unpleasant) surprises. No hidden expectations. No false advertising or disingenuous claims. It’s not a heaven on earth, but it’s not a wolf in sheep’s clothing either. I do my job and get paid what I was promised. That’s all I want and I’m happy.

Cons

I will never have anything bad to say about a company that keeps its word and doesn’t present itself differently than what it is.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 238 Reviews