Stream Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Stream Companies CEO David Regn
David Regn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "And even though it is a fast paced environment, I don’t find myself overwhelmed or stressed, the workload is reasonable for this line of work" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great work environment with a relaxed but professional atmosphere" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "There’s also no HR department which is not in the employees favor" (in 3 reviews)

• "However team members are quick to help each other and work as a group, especially when covering for time off or other issues" (in 3 reviews)

1. "A great place to work"

I have been working at Stream Companies part-time

Pros

flexible work schedule, free breakfasts,wellness initiatives

Cons

Must be able to handle fast work pace

2. "Great Culture, Uninspiring Work"

Former Employee - Digital Team in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Digital Team in Malvern, PA

I worked at Stream Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your main priority is work-life balance, you will love working on the digital team at Stream. Pretty much everyone clocks under 40 hours a week and everyone is young and friendly. If you try to socialize, you can make some great friends here. The people are definitely the best thing about this company.

Management is extremely accessible, which is fantastic. More often than not, if you report an issue in the office, the CEO will come take care of it himself, even as the company continues in grow at an insane rate. This demonstrates the type of place that Stream tries to be, and they do it well. Weekly company-wide town hall meetings are a great way to boost team morale and keep everyone in the loop.

There are plenty of benefits aside from great healthcare, high 401K match, etc, including a company wellness program, ultra casual dress code, company softball team, and annual beer olympics and holiday party. The culture and people at Stream are great, and you will be taught everything you need to know if you are hired with little experience in the field, so it’s an awesome place to learn. If you work hard and show enthusiasm, there's plenty of room for promotion, and many members of upper management started at Stream as interns years ago.

Cons

Stream focuses on one industry: auto dealerships. If you're looking for a diverse client base, new experiences that you can learn from, and lots of client interaction, you will be disappointed. It's a great place to learn the basics of digital, but once you become more of an expert, you may feel stunted by the uninspiring client work. Most clients don’t care very much about the work Stream produces, and offer no feedback or direction on projects, which can be frustrating. At times it seems that Stream is focused on building up a quantity of clients without regards to the quality of relationships/partnerships with them.

Workload toes the line between being so heavy that you don’t have time to get in-depth in solving problems for each client, while still being incredibly repetitive and boring. Each client is put through an assembly line of what Stream has decided is the perfect formula for automotive digital marketing, so individuals on the team have little opportunity for creativity and all clients are treated the same and given pretty much the exact same services. The company will praise you for "doing the ordinary extraordinarily well," but it’s true that you will simply be doing the ordinary, with no focus on innovation.

Team members are often praised, which is nice, but there is little to show for it, since there are no scheduled yearly reviews, salary raises, or bonuses.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great attitude, culture, and benefits. Consider what your client partnerships should look like, as well as whether your employees can be expected to feel fulfilled for long by being faced with an endless litany of repetitive tasks for clients that are all the same. The auto industry may be lucrative, and you may tackle it extremely well, but it's not a great recipe for employee retention rate in the long run of the company. Invest in better tools rather than trying to find work-around solutions when software doesn't work as it should.

3. "Excellent company and team!"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professionally: You aren’t micromanaged. Everyone is incredibly excited to do innovative work. They feel comfortable expressing their creative ideas and then are encouraged to follow through with those ideas.

Work/ life balance: I’m not one for making friends at work and prefer to keep things professional, but everyone is so great and welcoming that I actually want to join the softball team or go to happy hour. And even though it is a fast paced environment, I don’t find myself overwhelmed or stressed, the workload is reasonable for this line of work!

Cons

I don’t really have any cons about this company. Everyone has been welcoming and patient. The only thing I can think of that someone would find a ‘con’ is that the majority of clients are automotive.. which may be daunting and repetitive to some people (I kinda like it, personally)

4. "Smart Owners; Forward Thinkers"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Malvern, PA

I worked at Stream Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong understanding of integrated marketing; you'll learn a lot. Solid company culture.

Cons

There were some mid-management issues but they seemed to have weeded them out.

5. "Incredible growth, fast paced, super innovative. Easily the best agency I've worked for."

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Communication, entrepreneurial atmosphere, a focus on our health and well being, activities for health, discounted gym membership, career growth opportunities, direct access to leadership. This company is going to continue to grow significantly over the next few years.

Cons

Moves at a fast pace (not for everyone), can be difficult to navigate communication if you don't feel comfortable speaking up.

Advice to Management

A little more communication throughout the day for remote employees.

"Don’t let all these great wonderful reviews fool you - it’s not all unicorns and rainbows people!"

I worked at Stream Companies full-time

Pros

No dress code, free cereal and bananas, can move around the office to work like in front of the tv in the cafe, some fun and smart people to work with.

Cons

Your superiors give you a false hope of job security and that you’re doing a great job, will high five you for they think you’re that good but in the blink of an eye, your boss can turn on you, ignore your pleas for help with a client in many emails, then someone new is hired, you train them and they fire you for no reason. They will also fire many people on your team and never communicate what happened either which is rather shady and unprofessional. Salaries are extremely unfair, low, and large disparities between what men and women make in the same role. too much work, not enough workers, working most nights either late or at home and even on the weekends. There’s also no HR department which is not in the employees favor. And also there are a few cliques and if you’re not in one of them there’s a target on your back.

Advice to Management

Train your employees appropriately, defend your team, respect your team, and be transparent and communicate as much as possible as well as aligning salaries accordingly and consistently amongst both men and women.

"Not the Best Place to work"

Pros

They offer gym membership to planet fitness for $10 month. They give out dry cereal, bananas and candy for a treat.

Cons

Salary is not competitive. You are just an employee #. There is not much of a chance to move forward at Stream unless you are in the inner circle of management. Most employees are over worked and clearly not getting what they are worth in salary.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and maybe you wouldn’t have so much turnover at the company. When you grow you still have to remember the beginnings and not let that ever change your way to the top.

"Change your life and career at the same time"

Current Employee - Chief Innovation Officer in Waterloo, IA
    Current Employee - Chief Innovation Officer in Waterloo, IA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working in Marketing and Advertising for 24 yrs. When I came to Stream 2.5 years ago, it changed my life. I yearned for a company that truly cares about there employees, the work they do, their happiness and their success. Thats Stream. From the owners Dave and Jay all the way down the line, everyone cares. They feature a 1 hr response time and 24 hr resolution time which I have never found in any of the 15+ companies I have worked for over the years. Its truly an amazing place to be part of. Its a culture, not just a career and I think hard working Americans are looking for great culture not just a place to work. I could not be happier with my choice. I have no intention of going anywhere else in the future. Our perspective growth will build on the 21 years of year over year increased growth. Something I have never seen anywhere. Hats off to the owners, they make us all feel like partners. Sincerely, one happy staff member.

Cons

I wish they had more flavors of the Free Cereal.

Advice to Management

Don't change your culture because you have it right. Dig in and hold the line.

9. "Great company with an exciting future"

Current Employee - Digital Department in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Digital Department in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Stream Companies for over 4 years now in the digital department and have had experience working at two marketing agencies in the past.

The motivating environment and leadership at Stream is second to none. What I've enjoyed and appreciated since my interview here at Stream is the opportunity to grow and really define your own career path. Any professional goal I've set for myself has always been taken into account by any direct supervisor I've worked with and they've made it (and continue to make it) a priority to help me reach those goals.

I also can't speak highly enough of the culture. It's something that I believe not only attracts great people, but also keeps them here.

Stream offers a great place to build a career right within the agency no matter what level of experience.

Cons

I don't have any cons to offer regarding my experience here at Stream.

10. "Fun, Motivated, Team Orientated Work Environment"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

team-orientated, motivated team members and leaders, fun environment, friendly employees, team building events, monthly feedback, on-going training, upward movement opportunities

Cons

there are no cons working here.