Stream Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Stream Companies CEO David Regn
David Regn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • re interested in working at a fast-paced agency that is growing at rapid speed, Stream Companies is the agency for you (in 9 reviews)

• Great work environment with a relaxed but professional atmosphere (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The work can be extremely fast paced and demanding at times (in 5 reviews)

• s also no HR department which is not in the employees favor (in 3 reviews)

1. "Change your life and career at the same time"

Current Employee - Chief Innovation Officer in Waterloo, IA
    Current Employee - Chief Innovation Officer in Waterloo, IA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working in Marketing and Advertising for 24 yrs. When I came to Stream 2.5 years ago, it changed my life. I yearned for a company that truly cares about there employees, the work they do, their happiness and their success. Thats Stream. From the owners Dave and Jay all the way down the line, everyone cares. They feature a 1 hr response time and 24 hr resolution time which I have never found in any of the 15+ companies I have worked for over the years. Its truly an amazing place to be part of. Its a culture, not just a career and I think hard working Americans are looking for great culture not just a place to work. I could not be happier with my choice. I have no intention of going anywhere else in the future. Our perspective growth will build on the 21 years of year over year increased growth. Something I have never seen anywhere. Hats off to the owners, they make us all feel like partners. Sincerely, one happy staff member.

Cons

I wish they had more flavors of the Free Cereal.

Advice to Management

Don't change your culture because you have it right. Dig in and hold the line.

2. "Not the Best Place to work"

Pros

They offer gym membership to planet fitness for $10 month. They give out dry cereal, bananas and candy for a treat.

Cons

Salary is not competitive. You are just an employee #. There is not much of a chance to move forward at Stream unless you are in the inner circle of management. Most employees are over worked and clearly not getting what they are worth in salary.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and maybe you wouldn’t have so much turnover at the company. When you grow you still have to remember the beginnings and not let that ever change your way to the top.

"Don’t let all these great wonderful reviews fool you - it’s not all unicorns and rainbows people!"

I worked at Stream Companies full-time

Pros

No dress code, free cereal and bananas, can move around the office to work like in front of the tv in the cafe, some fun and smart people to work with.

Cons

Your superiors give you a false hope of job security and that you’re doing a great job, will high five you for they think you’re that good but in the blink of an eye, your boss can turn on you, ignore your pleas for help with a client in many emails, then someone new is hired, you train them and they fire you for no reason. They will also fire many people on your team and never communicate what happened either which is rather shady and unprofessional. Salaries are extremely unfair, low, and large disparities between what men and women make in the same role. too much work, not enough workers, working most nights either late or at home and even on the weekends. There’s also no HR department which is not in the employees favor. And also there are a few cliques and if you’re not in one of them there’s a target on your back.

Advice to Management

Train your employees appropriately, defend your team, respect your team, and be transparent and communicate as much as possible as well as aligning salaries accordingly and consistently amongst both men and women.

4. "Great company with an exciting future"

Current Employee - Digital Department in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Digital Department in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Stream Companies for over 4 years now in the digital department and have had experience working at two marketing agencies in the past.

The motivating environment and leadership at Stream is second to none. What I've enjoyed and appreciated since my interview here at Stream is the opportunity to grow and really define your own career path. Any professional goal I've set for myself has always been taken into account by any direct supervisor I've worked with and they've made it (and continue to make it) a priority to help me reach those goals.

I also can't speak highly enough of the culture. It's something that I believe not only attracts great people, but also keeps them here.

Stream offers a great place to build a career right within the agency no matter what level of experience.

Cons

I don't have any cons to offer regarding my experience here at Stream.

5. "Fun, Motivated, Team Orientated Work Environment"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

team-orientated, motivated team members and leaders, fun environment, friendly employees, team building events, monthly feedback, on-going training, upward movement opportunities

Cons

there are no cons working here.

6. "Best Marketing Company Out There"

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time

Pros

-Amazing and unique culture
    -Great benefits
    -Work hard but flexible work schedule
    -Comfortable, constant learning evironment
    -You learn to figure out/attempt to figure out problems by yourself before asking for help (but asking questions are highly encouraged)
    -Comfortable, no stress, non-micro-managed work environment. Get work done without someone looking over your shoulder every five minutes
    -Ability to transfer and become cross-trained in many different departments

Cons

-Career advancement isn’t clearly defined in company structure (what it takes to become a manager is never clearly defined)
    -Seems people leave within 1-4 years on the job; not sure the reason why, but there looks to be a trend heading in that direction

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work. You continue to make Stream the best marketing and advertising agency to ever work for. I think working on defining some of the characteristics and steps and timeline it could take for someone to advance into a manager position could help attract more candidates and retain employees over the long haul.

7. "Senior Media Buyer"

Pros

From pitching new business to new client kick off calls and monthly status meetings with ALL clients, one of the things that's especially great about working at Stream is seeing first hand how every part of the campaign works in concert.

Stream offers their clients a fully integrated suite of services, from strategic planning/buying to creative and from social, and paid search to SEO.

I loved seeing how every channel performs and collaborating with the account directors to shift dollars to optimize campaigns.

I enjoyed the relaxed environment and UBER casual dress "code"

Stream is a growing, forward thinking company with a bright future.

I was lucky enough to work with some wonderful people who always made me feel encouraged, supported and appreciated.

Cons

Some more opportunities for privacy. All rooms have to be reserved, but it would be great if there were some small rooms where you could just pop in to make a quick phone call or conversation without having to reserve them.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging your staff to discover or create new opportunities to help your clients (and thus Stream) succeed!

8. "Company Cares About its People"

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible schedule
    -Fun, fast-paced environment
    -Cool people to work with
    -Upper management is accessible and doesn't hover

Cons

-Company is growing fast so if you don't like change, it can take some getting used to. Then again if you don't like change, advertising might not be right for you in the first place.

Advice to Management

We have two big events in the fall and winter, but what about the summer? Company BBQ???

9. "A Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Stream Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and helpful co-workers and management; flexible hours; unlimited PTO after 5 years; expanding and growing company with many opportunities; relaxed, fast-paced, and comfortable work environment; working with a team of passionate and driven people.

Cons

A heavy workload, at times, with deadlines. However, this is the nature of advertising!

Advice to Management

Since we have social events during the fall/winter, what about one in the spring/summer?

"It’s hard for me to imagine a worse place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at Stream Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was allowed to work from home, but only because they were located in a different state. The one employee I spoke to regularly was nice.

Cons

Apparently this company has a habit of poaching employees from their clients whether they (the employees) want to move or not. After the initial hiring, there was virtually no contact from anyone at Stream. I didn’t know my position title, responsibilities, or any team members. I went for 3 months speaking to one manager on a Skype call once or twice a week. I was never provided equipment from Stream or asked if I needed any.

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate.
    Learn how to work with the staff a company has in place instead of trying to force them to work for you.