Strive Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott Boyer

1. "Carrier Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strive Logistics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strive is a great place to jump start a career. Strives awesome "work hard play hard" culture is really reflected with the people you work with and the management team. You get the opportunity to work with some really smart people. I was given the tools to thrive at Strive and make some cash while doing it. The harder your work the more money you can make.

Cons

Transportation is a tough industry. The days are a grind. They also do not provide 401K matching.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Make sure not to forget (and to reward) the veteran employees.

2. "Business Development Representative"

Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

Pros

I worked at Strive for 3 years and I truly enjoyed my time there. Great people. The Strive Chicago office works hard, but the managing partners do a great job of making sure it is an enjoyable atmosphere. The industry is naturally stressful as a broker, but the mood is kept light and playful from the management on down. Managers and upper management are very accessible and hands on. One of the partners will not hesitate to help in any situation and will often get right into the weeds with anyone who asks for help or an assist on a call.

Cons

commission structure - Not Strive as much as an industry standard, it can take a while to see meaningful commission checks. If you find the right type of customers that pay on time, it helps a great deal. That said, the base is fair for the industry.

Advice to Management

I have been gone for a while so it is not really fair to give advice to management.

"Not for professionals seeking a career"

Former Employee - Customer Operations in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strive Logistics full-time

Pros

Non really.......Senior management seems to be active-some. Not all.

Cons

Long work hours (10plus) in a semi-professional environment, and that's being nice... College kids. Barley able to take a break and lunch. Can be Micro-manage at times. some kids running the place. Just because you know the job does not mean you are fit to lead. Some people in leadership roles that should not be.... Definitely not a place for retirement, or professionals. This is for entry-level kids...get some experience and move on to a real company-with great benefits and 401k match.

Advice to Management

Everyone is not fit to lead. Stop putting people in management roles just because they know the job, yet can't manage. Have a better work life balance.

5. "Carrier Operations"

Former Employee - Carrier Operations in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strive Logistics full-time

Pros

Work Environment, Great Transportation system software, Competitive compensation and benefits.

Cons

Fast paced environment due to Logistics industry.

Advice to Management

Overall great management. Need more reviews and feedback from management.

6. "Carrier sales"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strive Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great ppl to work with and it's fun working inside. Most of your peers are cool and feels like college

Cons

Management makes you stay after hours until broad is clear, be mindful it's already a 10 hour day. Manager need to be more flexible on hours

Advice to Management

Don't overwork ppl, quality over quantity

7. "Carrier Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strive Logistics full-time

Pros

The people that work here are definitely the best part about Strive. The people along with the general atmosphere and culture are why I came to Strive and am still there today. You can see that your managers actually care about you and your success. Unlike some other sales jobs out there, they don't make it all about your numbers. Yeah it's sales so of course numbers are important but you never feel like they're pressuring you to always get them up. They always pressure personal growth and positive attitudes..

Cons

This job is a grind. You're at your desk hustling on the phone and shooting off emails. It's a fun atmosphere so the days fly by but you definitely need to have some thick skin and prepare yourself for some long days. The people around you are great which makes it all worthwhile. You never feel like it's too much to handle.

Advice to Management

Keep showing that individualized attention to your employees. It helps a lot and doesn't go unnoticed.

8. "The best 3PL out there by far"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strive Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in this industry for almost 10 years and I have never come across a company that is such a pleasure to come to work for every day. Ownership and senior leadership provide an incredible sense of family. They go out of their way to be hands on in leading by example and showing you how to become successful in the industry. The opportunity for career growth is amazing as well. Strive is the most open-minded company I have ever worked for. They welcome any and all feedback and suggestions on how to improve the business. An entry level employee has the same opportunity to have an impact on the business as a 10 year veteran. The work life balance is also something that Strive really is invested in. They have the shortest work hours of any 3PL and really take a vested interest in making sure their employees are happy and healthy. I have never seen a leadership group so hands on and willing to help you learn. They invest heavily into their technology and their people. Strive is the cream of the crop!

Cons

I honestly can not think of one single con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and there is no stopping Strive.

9. "Good Company, Great People"

Former Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Procurement Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Strive was an amazing company to work for in what seems to be a saturated market. They are moderate size, small enough to where you will get to know everyone in your division and have the opportunity for career advancement, but large enough for a strong customer base. Detailed training and strong, genuine managers make for a very positive experience in such a demanding field.

Cons

Logistics is a demanding industry in nature, and good companies have high demands for their employees. Not necessarily a con, but if you do not want to dive into logistics head first, I do not suggest the industry! Expect to work hard!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

10. "Carrier representative"

Former Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strive Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Family oriented culture
    -Small but competitive internally and externally
    -Internal competitions to motivate employees
    -Compensation rewards for good performance
    -Great mentor ships, especially Eddie Kim
    -Value employees, it's not a sweatshop

Cons

-Tough hours but it's logistics
    -Some politics
    -Hard to get time off, my direct manager made me feel guilty when I needed to leave early for an appointment
    -Work through lunch

"Need better training management"

Current Employee - Customer Operations in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Operations in Austin, TX

Pros

It's in the middle of downtown Austin, but that can easily be a con. Im paying way too much for way too little so that i can be close and don't have to drive for hours like other coworkers do.

Cons

They will drop you in a second when work gets slow. We lost 3 out of 5 people who were hired only months ago. I feel real bad for them. There is obviously an in crowd and if your not in then it kind of gets annoying real fast. You work 7-5 that's a 9 hour shift with an hour lunch, so 10 hours a day at wok. Tons of other stuff, don't wast your time I'm looking for a new job as we speak.

Advice to Management

Learn better time management. You spent over a month training us in generalities of the business and then when we actually got into our jobs we were expected to hit the floor running yet we had hardly been trained on what we needed to do. Use more of that first training month on actual job processes. Also make sure the person training is aware that spitting out information at a million miles an hour is not training. We get it... you know the business well. However you need to be patient because new hires dont know the business.