Syncfusion Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stefan Hoenig

Pros
Cons
  • During product release time employee can't maintain work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Missing some IT cultures like (Dress code, team dinner and outing, Fun events to relax mind, Religion Festival enjoyments) (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing Company with Great Potential"

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about Syncfusion is its growth. The company's growth has allowed for new positions to open up and employees to be promoted. Management created a middle management level on the salesfloor that has made selling and reaching your goals easier.

There are a lot of benefits given here that I have never had before (catered lunches, cell and home internet reimbursements).

Benefits are excellent and the company supports a strong work/life balance.

Cons

The salesfloor is a results driven (but heavily incentivised) environment. If you do not enjoy reaching out to people and making new contacts, a sales role is probably not for you.

"Understanding the value"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to learn more about what Syncfusion does, Team Leads and Management will take the time to explain the value. Everyone has always made time for my questions and wanting to understand what we do.

The benefits are outstanding

Syncfusion is willing to adjust it's business course to match current licensing trends

The most current technologies to sell and work with

Food!

Cons

inconsistent sales process leads to confusion

limited training - no follow up training

Very high pressure to perform on the sales floor

Advice to Management

Take the time to know your employees, they will all benefit from your vast knowledge. Train all team leads together so that their message is consistent between teams.

Continue down the path of progressive developing and looking for shifts in the market that we can take advantage of for future growth.

Make sure your employees know you - your experience with the company will inspire them to achieve the goals you have.

"Inside Sales Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry level position to get your foot in the door for software sales. Free breakfast on Mondays and Free lunch on Thursdays. They also provide free snacks and drinks.

Cons

This place is a high turnover micro managed sweatshop. The only answers that management has is to make more calls and send more emails. They want you to email potential customers every day and call them four times a day. Unprofessional and harassing sales strategy upsetting potential clients.

Advice to Management

Hire an outside marketing/sales consultant that understands software sales to come in an revamp the whole process. Open up communication with your sales team and be open to ideas from them.

"Horrible place to work!!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Breakfast provided on Mondays. Snack are provided in break room on an ongoing basis. Partial internet reimbursement is a nice perk.

Cons

Salary, benefits, workload, untrustworthy management. Encourage sales territory in-fighting. Chaotic environment, lack of loyalty to employees. Tremendous pressure to deliver revenue immediately above all else.

Advice to Management

Get a clue!

"Snacks aside, didn't live up to promises"

Former Employee - Global Account Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Global Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks
    Flexible work hours
    Get to call all over the world

Cons

Training doesn't really teach you how to do job properly
    In interview, said we'd shadow someone to learn the ropes, didn't happen
    Borderline harassment- Once someone downloads some of their content, you call them until they make a decision.
    Supposed to get in 50 calls, but was told they'd rather us call 10 folks 5 times a day, rather than call 50 folks once a day.
    Was told by more than one person they were seeking legal counsel because Synfusion won't stop calling them.

Advice to Management

Tone it down.
    If your product is so good people will buy it, they're not going to buy it because you wore them down.

"Okay Place To Start, Very Hard Place to Stay (Entry-Level Inside Sales)"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Breakfast on Mondays, Free Lunch on Thursdays as well as Free Lunches at the End of the Month
    -You can learn how to do the work of an Inside Sales Representative
    -Learn how to use a CRM (such as Salesforce)
    -You can get started in "tech" and technology sales
    -They do pay you, so the organization is 100% real

Cons

-Unfortunately, there is a "management by fear" approach where the basic strategy of management is to tell you "work hard or you will be fired."
    -If you work at Syncfusion for 6 months I can 90% guarantee that somebody will be fired every month; and then, once that employee has been fired there will be no honest communication about why that employee had been fired -- "They are gone."
    - It is hard to get honest and constructive sales training once you start working, the Team Leaders will basically tell you "work harder" or "more activity" BUT if you ask specific questions then you can get specific answers.
    - The leadership of the company does not have self-awareness, meaning that if the sales numbers are down the only thought is "these salespeople on the floor are lazy"
    - A noticeable number of employees at the organization have been there for 6 months or less ... that should be a sign considering that the organization is 16 years old.
    -If you want to keep your job at Syncfusion you need to smile, work hard, and "Drink the Kool-Aid"

Advice to Management

Show more respect to your sales team and be honest in how you communicate to your employees.
    Also, invest time and energy in ongoing training for the workers on the sales floor as well as training for the Team Leaders a.k.a Mid-Level Managers. Ask the sales reps for feedback on what is working and not working; try to create a culture of openness where the employees can speak their minds without fear of being fired.

"Sales Organization is a Joke"

Former Employee - Product Consultant in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Product Consultant in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Breakfast on Mondays, Lunch on Thursdays.
    - "Uncapped commissions available"
    - I think the product itself is pretty decent
    - No cold calling

Cons

Look, I realize that most people take Glassdoor reviews with a grain of salt. And you should. The majority of people writing a review probably didn't have a great experience. Saying all of that, I will try to keep this as unbiased as possible, but believe what you will.

- The sales process and organization are very unorganized.
    - Leads are doled out round-robin, which means that if two developers from one company download a trial, two leads will be created and probably handed to two different reps.
    - Hardly anyone there (middle management included) has been there longer than a year. If that's not a red flag, I'm not sure what is.
    - Management seems to believe in a "Motivation by fear" or "Success by purely activity" type of management. There are daily e-mails sent out with atrocious grammar and spelling.
    - Very much more of a telemarketing feel, less inside sales, and DEFINITELY not consultative.
    - You are encouraged to hound potential clients, calling 4-6 times PER DAY
    - They are also focused (at least right now.. goals change often) on number of transactions per month, not revenue. Meaning if you have 10 $1,000 orders, you'll earn a higher percentage of commission than if you have 2 $10,000 orders.
    - There's no real help, training, or ongoing coaching once you get onto the sales floor. The overall coaching is "Do More!"
    - From the above, I was let go literally one month after getting onto the sales training because I hadn't produced enough. I was warned the day before I was let go that I was on my "final warning"

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together. It's a 16 year old company, it shouldn't feel like you have no idea what you're doing. Act like you value your sales team. Offer some actual coaching and help with development. It's not a one size fits all approach. Also, ensure that no one ever feels like their job is in jeopardy one month after they were hired.

"Product consultant"

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Product Consultant in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, average pay. The building is nice and you'll get your cubicle. But beware some employed talk very loudly so it's hard to hear yourself think.

Cons

Don't be fooled this is really a cold calling position. They say it's warm leads given to you but you'll expect to call on a new lead 3 times a day. So if you like to bug people this is your job! They tell you 40-50 phone calls a day but when you start that increases to 70 a day. Then they add 100 emails a day as well. Very shady! Everyone's young here not many senior employees so you know you won't last long here.

Advice to Management

Make sure your HR team is on the same page as the sales team

"Room for Growth here"

Current Employee - Product Representative in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Product Representative in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Syncfusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Syncfusion for around 6 and a half months at this time and i have found that this is a great company. I see the negative reviews and wonder if they put any effort into this job. I will have to say, if you don't work hard and strive and have determination then you will fail. I have a young child and i still find a good balance. The incentives they give you for doing your job are just icing on the cake. I really do enjoy the atmosphere and the positive vibes that come from all of out staff here. We are growing but with every new hire, I see great potential. If you put forth the effort, you will be rewarded.

Cons

It would be beneficial to have the new hires closer to the more seasoned team members so that they can learn and grow much quicker.

"Product representative"

Former Employee - Product Representative in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Product Representative in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Syncfusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a great time working with Syncfusion. The sales reps on the floor are great and very helpful! They make working there fun! The free snacks in the break room, free breakfast on Mondays and free lunch on Thursdays are great as well. This job is great for anyone who has a "go get it mentality". You have unlimited earring potential as well and it's very manageable to get some serious $$$ BUT you need to have personal goals, have a game plan, and have that "go get it mentality", also ask for advice from your peers and you will see the results!

Cons

At first the job can seem hard, especially if you have never been in the software/technology industry. This is a great field to be in! Some reviews on here seem scary but from my experience it's not scary like some of the "con" reviews on here. The best way to overcome this stump, or first month jitters, you have to make yourself interested in the products. To simply put it, the MORE you know, the more easier your job will be. But understand this takes time, practice, and CONFIDENCE. Always ask questions also!