KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Synergis Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2021

Found 35 of over 56 reviews

3.7
Synergis Founder and President Doug Ross  (no image)
Doug Ross
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful place to work - Established fun and fast paced environment

May 4, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Synergis always pushes their employees to be the best version of themselves, both professionally and personally. Teams are tight knit and collaborative with senior team members always willing to guide junior members. I came to Synergis with no prior experience in recruiting and found the environment to be very conducive to learning and growth. More pros: -You get to work with some AWESOME clients -Great company culture -Competitive pay and commission structure -Great benefits Thank you, Synergis!

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Look at how many people have left Synergis and further their careers

Jun 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility at times and remote work

Cons

Very minimal market knowledge for a company that has been around for 25 yrs in Atlanta market. “Leaders” that have been with the company for 10+ yrs provide little to no value and are just on Doug’s good side. No structure in place to be successful. Say a lot of the right things but never any action around what was said. Personally watched several employees get promoted with big announcements company wide but their roles never changed and the employees got frustrated and left. Synergis may have a good book of business for a select few clients, but they don’t have the leadership or staffing processes in place to make you successful. If you want to make serious $$ in staffing, this is not the place for you.

Synergis Response

President

Thank you for your feedback. I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience. Two of our most important objectives are to be the #1 supplier for each client we serve and to be the best place to work in the industry. We cannot be one without the other. We accomplish this by understanding and delivering upon the needs and expectations of our clients; investing in the business; supporting a culture of transparency and open dialogue; career development opportunities with a preference to promote from within; and a pay for performance compensation model. I realize that everyone has their own definition of success. If, however, high earnings, work-life balance, making a difference in the lives of others, and a commitment to quality, character and corporate values are those measures then Synergis is worthy of serious consideration. I do wish that you had brought your concerns to my attention before deciding to leave the company. I'd like to extend an invitation to connect with me directly at dross@synergishr.com.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good staffing company

Apr 23, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people. Open work environment. Beautiful office.

Cons

IT staffing is way oversaturated. A lot of times I felt as if I was bothering candidates because so many companies call them for the same job req.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience

Mar 11, 2021 - Senior User Experience Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• They helped a lot with my move from Los Angeles to Atlanta • Always answered my questions and followed up when I needed help • Helped me find the best possible fit for my needs

Cons

• Sometimes communication would get quiet, but that was as much on me as it was on Synergis

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee

it was average

Mar 26, 2021 - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

you can make a lot of money if you are placing candidates. Small team

Cons

-Not a big database - They don't have a good training program

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Going through a tough 2020, happy to be a part of this team!

Jan 8, 2021 - Sales in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with! Leadership jumped on the COVID 19 pandemic and made it a smooth transition to work from home. Since we have moved to a fully remote policy and the tools provided are great. 2020 had lots of other social issues and we always had a platform to discuss them. We've become more productive through this and finished our year with an all time high quarter. I love it here!

Cons

Nothing for now. Looking forward to growth!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

If you don't like agency recruiting here, you won't like it anywhere.

Jan 30, 2020 - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Synergis offers a ton of flexibility and time off to create a true work/life balance. There are a ton of other great benefits and perks - monthly celebrations, happy hours, Friday breakfast, telecommuting options, flex hours, incentive trips, etc. - Leadership listens to suggestions for improvement in technology, process, policy, etc. from anyone anywhere in the company (not all changes make it through, but I definitely feel I have a voice here). - Straight forward commission and bonus plan for both Recruiters and AEs - and I love that there are separate career paths for recruiting and sales, and plenty of room to move around in the company to explore other roles. - Consistent training and resources. New investments into recruiting, sales, and marketing technology have really helped our processes. - Everyone in the company as whole is so helpful. I love that we work together as a team to be successful.

Cons

- If you're not self-movitated and driven, this probably isn't the environment for you - which is true for any agency recruiting environment.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Couldn't be happier to be a part of the Bay Area Synergis team!

Nov 18, 2019 - Technical Recruiter!
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing work/life balance. Managers understand when life gets in the way of work and are there to support you. -The earning potential is unlike any other. Competitive base pay and great commission structure which gives people the potential to earn a lot of $$$! -We get to recruit for some of the top IT companies in the Bay Area -Fun incentive prizes and trips! (Disneyland trip for the whole office and President's club for top performers)

Cons

-Can't think of any at the moment

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful Place to work!!

Sep 24, 2019 - Back Office
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have felt welcome from Day 1. All of managemt & co workers have been super supportive & have made coming to work a joy!! Synergis is a positive & happy environment & I’m truly enjoying each day.

Cons

Cannot think of any to think of.

Synergis Response

President

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We do have an excellent team in our back office operation. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the work and culture at Synergis! I want to encourage you to continue bringing your feedback and suggestions for improvement to your team and manager. Doug Ross, President

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Misleading positive reviews, at least for California offices

Oct 16, 2019 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you can thrive in a clique, you may enjoy it for a while.

Cons

Pay for recruiters is far below industry average, especially for top producers. Account managers are extremely hands-off and unaware of their role in securing hires. Resources and tools are scarce for recruiters, forcing jury-rigging and clunky workarounds in order to produce usable results. Candidate privacy is not a concept that exists in this environment; a proper audit of data collection/storage is overdue. If you're a new recruiter in need of guidance/training, this is not the place to get it. If you're a POC or anything other than blonde and blue-eyed, you'll likely not appreciate the climate here. Management promises of earning potential are almost MLM-like in their inaccuracy. Benefits cost as much as other employers' premium offerings, but are woefully bad. Limited or non-existent access to stakeholders; you'll rely on cookie-cutter job descriptions in order to try to fill niche roles; also lots of 3-6-month contract roles with which to waste your time. Management often reacts with a delightfully insulting mix of surprise and disappointment whenever you choose to use your earned PTO, or try to use your time outside of work for anything other than sourcing.

5 people found this review helpful