Systemtec Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Bryant & Paul Elias

1. "Excellent Team!"

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Systemtec as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive working relationship, great benefits, good feedback, willing to work with you every step of the way.

Cons

Turnover in key personnel was unfortunate.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the firm and expand opportunities.

2. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Columbia, SC

I worked at Systemtec (More than a year)

Pros

Personal attention, local contacts, great reputation, concerned about a good "fit" and successful placements, great communication and follow-up, Recruiters are well-versed and understand the JDs.

Cons

I had a great experience working with Systemtec.

3. "They make contract work Seemless and Convenient"

Current Employee - Oversight, Government Contracts in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Oversight, Government Contracts in Columbia, SC

Pros

I have traveled and performed on a Contract for multiple years. When I hired on to be a contractor for SystemTec, it was like hiring into a normal permanent fulltime position. I didn't have to worry about the intricacies of invoicing, time reconciliation, merging expense reports, or any pitfalls that normally go hand-in-hand with being a Contractor.
    SystemTec also keeps in touch, would take me out for lunch, bring by snacks and gifts, and just generally check-in with me on a regular basis to ensure that everything was going smoothly. Couldn't really ask for much more!

Cons

Turnover of Staff. I've been with Systemtec for 8 months and have had 3 different representatives or Point of Contacts.

Advice to Management

Hold on to your good recruiters and Reps.

5. "Best Damn Recruiters in the Carolinas"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Systemtec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of reasons why it's wonderful working with SystemTec. Probably the most important thing is that they're very aggressive about finding any and all opportunities that are a match to your actual skill set. They don't "cook" resumes here - it's all about finding a legitimate match between you, the contractor, and the placement they make for you. SystemTec is like an Octopus - they have tentacles everywhere. Any and all opportunities that show up on your radar, SystemTec is there to tell you the inside scoop, how to be competitive, and pushes forward with all deliberate speed. The recruiters here actually stay in touch with you; you never get the feeling you're left hanging. If things don't work out, they actually call and get all sad with you, and then cheer you up and move on to the next opportunity.

Once you're actually working there, things work right. This cannot be overstated. You get paid on time, you get reimbursed on time, your 401k comes out when it should, the healthcare works the way it should... In a world of slipshod, self-serving vendors, SystemTec is top notch at running like a "big boy" company should, and you really get the feeling they care about you as a staff member. Frequent get-togethers amongst the contractors at local venues for happy hour adds to this feeling, along with frequent check-ins from your account manager.

I've worked for four major vendors now, national power players included, and SystemTec is by far the best and y most preferred

Cons

The only con to SystemTec is that, to me, it appears they take a healthier cut than some other companies when it comes to compensation. Two points though: they're very flexible at getting numbers that work for you, and two, as per above, you're getting a vendor who is in the country, available on the phone all the time, helps you get settled in the area, gets right to work on the next position if you lose yours, and otherwise goes to bat for you as opposed to leaving you stranded. It's worth not getting a "naked" 1099 rate from a slipshod, back-alley recruiting firm who doesn't have a quarter of the connections that SystemTec has.

Advice to Management

No real advice other than to continue to engage clients throughout the Carolinas, and really, can you start to gain a more national presence? It would be great to work with SystemTec throughout the East and Gulf coast on major opportunities.

6. "Feels Like Family"

Former Employee - Site Lead in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Site Lead in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Systemtec (More than 3 years)

Pros

They value their employees which is very rare with staffing agencies. I would go back in a heart beat if they had a corporate role that I could fit into.

Cons

Because they are a staffing agency, you just never know what is in the clients head and weather the contract will end, no fault of Systemtec but you have to always keep that in the back of your mind.

Advice to Management

Top notch management from each and every department, keep doing what you do. Continue to keep ethics before the money as you always have.

7. "Very Good Company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Columbia, SC
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Systemtec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees at Systemtec are always very friendly to work with. Being a contractor, you do not really communicate too often, but they are always there for you when you need information regarding your benefits or what have you. They offer multiple employee appreciation gestures including parties, luncheons, and other things.

Cons

There is no downside to working with Systemtec. They only negative I have had is they change their health care policies a little to frequently. Still, they offer great coverage for all of their workers.

Advice to Management

No advice, keep up the good work!

8. "Network Security Engineer"

Former Employee - Network Security Engineer in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Network Security Engineer in Columbia, SC

I worked at Systemtec (More than 3 years)

Pros

SystemTec is an excellent employer. I've been in the IT world for over 30 years. During that time I have worked with several contract companies that don't come anywhere close to comparing. They offer you so much more. Better salaries, great benefits, nice vacation plans and a personal touch that shows they truly care. Communication is fantastic, you never feel alienated when working at a customer site. I HIGHLY recommend SystemTec for the best opportunity.

Cons

Seriously... the only con I can come up with is being envied by several contractors from other companies that didn't have vacation plans, benefits, overtime pay or the best salary for the position. SystemTec representatives get your full worth and are respected by their customers for furnishing staff to fill a wide range of positions.

Advice to Management

Practice good retention. You have a successful group that know their community and company IT needs.

9. "Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I worked at Systemtec (More than a year)

Pros

The team at Systemtec is awesome. I truly enjoyed working for the company. They are very hands on and responsive to the needs of the consultant. I worked on a project with many other contracted employees and seemed to be the only one without complaints regarding my employer. Even as my contract came to an end the Systemtec team worked diligently to provide me with options and continue to check in with me when opportunities arise that may be a fit for my skill set. Again, I can't say enough positive things about this company and would gladly work with them again on additional projects.

Cons

I have no complaints about working for Systemtec. A+ team. They could possibly offer in house training or skill development?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Your commitment to your consultants is excellent.

10. "Very professional contracting company that truly cares about its consultants"

Former Contractor - Programmer/Analyst in Duncan, SC
    Former Contractor - Programmer/Analyst in Duncan, SC

I worked at Systemtec as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing but good things to say about this company. They offer:
    - Great benefits, 401K, etc.
    - A flexible Paid-Time-Off policy (if you finish the year with left-over PTO days, you can carry them over into the next year, or cash them out)
    - Most importantly, they give you a lot of personal attention through their "Consultant Relations Representatives", who take you out to lunch and try their best to keep you happy, and happily employed.

When problems arose at the client company at two points during my assignment, Systemtec had very competent and experienced HR people with whom I could discuss these problems.
    When my assignment ended after 7 years, Systemtec helped me with the "remarket process". I have been unemployed for 2 months now, but I still get the occasional e-mail and phone call from them when they see an opportunity open up.

Cons

I can think of no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the professional and honest work you are doing.

11. "A company who is "Hands On""

Former Employee - QA Systems Analyst in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - QA Systems Analyst in Columbia, SC

I worked at Systemtec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Health benefits
    "Open door" policy and they were more than willing to talk with you to work out any issues.
     They were very "Hands-on" with contractors and also rewarded employees nicely (a great way to motivate the employees!). They went above and beyond for me when I was on Medical Leave.

Cons

No cons that I can think of to be honest, about the only downside is maybe lower than average salaries and increases but that depended on the client. "Bench Time" may be lacking but again that may be based on the situation. There was not a lot of offers of trainings or active encouragement to improve skills or even add to skillsets outside of the client site.
     I honestly do not have anything negative to say about SystemTec.

Advice to Management

No advice