Systemtec Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sr. Project Manager"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Systemtec as a contractor

Pros

Great team of people in Columbia SC. Are very interested in keeping in touch and how things are going.

Cons

Benefits are not very good especially health care

Advice to Management

Contracts from all companies talk to each other because we don't have the policies employees have. Need to be more competitive with their rate.

2. "Caring Company"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Systemtec as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

More coaching than interviewing. Help he employees to see their worth.

Cons

Website not update date with the jobs that they offer.

Advice to Management

n/a

3. "Excellent Team!"

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - IT Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Systemtec as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive working relationship, great benefits, good feedback, willing to work with you every step of the way.

Cons

Turnover in key personnel was unfortunate.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the firm and expand opportunities.

4. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Columbia, SC

I worked at Systemtec (More than a year)

Pros

Personal attention, local contacts, great reputation, concerned about a good "fit" and successful placements, great communication and follow-up, Recruiters are well-versed and understand the JDs.

Cons

I had a great experience working with Systemtec.

5. "SystemTec"

Pros

Laura Hoge and Laura Lewis are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Recruiters appear to be sub-par.

6. "Garbage."

I worked at Systemtec (Less than a year)

Pros

Yeah they give you a job like all companies that's nothing new. That's about it.

Cons

Contract work is garbage and this company doesn't fail to disappoint. Want my advice get a career that doesn't require talking to a recruiter for work. They only care about making commission and everybody working is no smarter than the guy with a master's degree doing the same job. That includes the recruiter

Advice to Management

I hope your company fails.

7. "They make contract work Seemless and Convenient"

Current Employee - Oversight, Government Contracts in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Oversight, Government Contracts in Columbia, SC

Pros

I have traveled and performed on a Contract for multiple years. When I hired on to be a contractor for SystemTec, it was like hiring into a normal permanent fulltime position. I didn't have to worry about the intricacies of invoicing, time reconciliation, merging expense reports, or any pitfalls that normally go hand-in-hand with being a Contractor.
    SystemTec also keeps in touch, would take me out for lunch, bring by snacks and gifts, and just generally check-in with me on a regular basis to ensure that everything was going smoothly. Couldn't really ask for much more!

Cons

Turnover of Staff. I've been with Systemtec for 8 months and have had 3 different representatives or Point of Contacts.

Advice to Management

Hold on to your good recruiters and Reps.

8. "Best Damn Recruiters in the Carolinas"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Systemtec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of reasons why it's wonderful working with SystemTec. Probably the most important thing is that they're very aggressive about finding any and all opportunities that are a match to your actual skill set. They don't "cook" resumes here - it's all about finding a legitimate match between you, the contractor, and the placement they make for you. SystemTec is like an Octopus - they have tentacles everywhere. Any and all opportunities that show up on your radar, SystemTec is there to tell you the inside scoop, how to be competitive, and pushes forward with all deliberate speed. The recruiters here actually stay in touch with you; you never get the feeling you're left hanging. If things don't work out, they actually call and get all sad with you, and then cheer you up and move on to the next opportunity.

Once you're actually working there, things work right. This cannot be overstated. You get paid on time, you get reimbursed on time, your 401k comes out when it should, the healthcare works the way it should... In a world of slipshod, self-serving vendors, SystemTec is top notch at running like a "big boy" company should, and you really get the feeling they care about you as a staff member. Frequent get-togethers amongst the contractors at local venues for happy hour adds to this feeling, along with frequent check-ins from your account manager.

I've worked for four major vendors now, national power players included, and SystemTec is by far the best and y most preferred

Cons

The only con to SystemTec is that, to me, it appears they take a healthier cut than some other companies when it comes to compensation. Two points though: they're very flexible at getting numbers that work for you, and two, as per above, you're getting a vendor who is in the country, available on the phone all the time, helps you get settled in the area, gets right to work on the next position if you lose yours, and otherwise goes to bat for you as opposed to leaving you stranded. It's worth not getting a "naked" 1099 rate from a slipshod, back-alley recruiting firm who doesn't have a quarter of the connections that SystemTec has.

Advice to Management

No real advice other than to continue to engage clients throughout the Carolinas, and really, can you start to gain a more national presence? It would be great to work with SystemTec throughout the East and Gulf coast on major opportunities.

9. "Feels Like Family"

Former Employee - Site Lead in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Site Lead in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Systemtec (More than 3 years)

Pros

They value their employees which is very rare with staffing agencies. I would go back in a heart beat if they had a corporate role that I could fit into.

Cons

Because they are a staffing agency, you just never know what is in the clients head and weather the contract will end, no fault of Systemtec but you have to always keep that in the back of your mind.

Advice to Management

Top notch management from each and every department, keep doing what you do. Continue to keep ethics before the money as you always have.

10. "Very Good Company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Columbia, SC
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Systemtec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees at Systemtec are always very friendly to work with. Being a contractor, you do not really communicate too often, but they are always there for you when you need information regarding your benefits or what have you. They offer multiple employee appreciation gestures including parties, luncheons, and other things.

Cons

There is no downside to working with Systemtec. They only negative I have had is they change their health care policies a little to frequently. Still, they offer great coverage for all of their workers.

Advice to Management

No advice, keep up the good work!