T2 Tea Reviews | Glassdoor

T2 Tea Reviews

Updated Jan 9, 2020

2.9
Pros
  • "So much free tea, half price tea and generous discount on tea wares(in 16 reviews)

• "T2 has some of the most friendly and hard working people I’ve met in any job(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management play favouritism(in 13 reviews)

• "I had a very bad time at T2 head office(in 11 reviews)

1. "Very interesting"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in New York, NY

I worked at T2 Tea part-time for more than a year

Pros

people are awsome, ver interst job

Cons

the office is not much looks good

T2 Tea2019-04-04
  2. "No Accountability for Regional Manager"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at T2 Tea full-time

Pros

Good Staff, decent tea, fun local customers

Cons

No one holds the Regional Manager accountable for what he's doing. He makes poor decisions, bad hiring practices, doesn't know how to use the Point of Sale system, and doesn't actually understand how the business works. Only focuses on numbers and not very kind to staff in general.

Advice to Management

Find somewhere else to work, this place isn't worth it.

T2 Tea2019-12-12

"Gossiping, Favoritism, Passive Agressiveness"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at T2 Tea part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free tea all day, pay is 14/hr (which is good for my location)

Cons

Where to begin. Such an incredibly toxic work environment. I always take internet reviews with a grain of salt and don't focus on the bad reviews for the reason that maybe some person had a bad experience. However, I definitely wish I looked up T2 on Glassdoor before working here. It definitely has a 2.5 star review for a reason. I cannot believe how unprofessional the manager is. Talking about customers and coworkers underneath her breath, complaining about every single thing in the store that is out of her control, and the GOSSIP is endless. Huddling around with the lead and the assistant manager to gossip and making it very obvious that gossip is occurring. Name dropping too. The manager hitting on the only male employee. So much immaturity coming from everyone in management. It is absolutely ridiculous. Very minimal training too. Giving 1 day of training and then hit with holiday rush. Disgusted.

T2 Tea2018-12-30
  4. "Decent part-time job."

I have been working at T2 Tea part-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning the company and purpose Sharing moments with customers

Cons

Communication lacked between levels of staff

Advice to Management

Communicate Set standards amongst sales teams

T2 Tea2018-03-23

"fun stuff, but...."

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at T2 Tea part-time

Pros

meeting new people, free tea, works around your schedule (if you're a student), rarely get rude customers

Cons

-little to no hours -management is kinda annoying.. they want things a specific way and its irritating -sometimes is really slow because to be honest, people don't really care for tea. -pushes you to sell and annoy customers..damn near follow them around the whole store asking if they need help -you get a hour break if you work a 7+ shift which is rare if you are part time -want you to go above and beyond all over some damn tea -no benefits

T2 Tea2018-01-17
  6. "Boston Location Great"

I worked at T2 Tea part-time

Pros

Great team, Wonderful tea products, Good leadership

Cons

Rush of customers when little staff. Often inflexible schedule

Advice to Management

Weekly check in meeting. To discuss the week and figure out new plans to make the most of sales

T2 Tea2017-12-06

"So much lacking in communication, Unilever is the devil"

I have been working at T2 Tea part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Use to be discount (they took that away!) Meeting new friends, bonding through tea.

Cons

* pay is bad, so hard to ask for any raise * expect you to do much more than what your job entails * moves people around way too much because they have a sever lack of employees * too picky when selecting employees but they can't expect quality when you don't even pay your own workers enough yet * too much on money and the numbers, not enough about educating customers *the tea wares have dropped severely in quality and they think they can get away with raising the price * tea's not worth the price, honestly * even though traffic is bad upper level bosses expects goals to be well into the 1k ranges.

Advice to Management

stop focusing on the numbers, pay your workers what they're worth :)

T2 Tea2017-06-17

"T2 Tea Review"

I have been working at T2 Tea part-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful teas. Beautiful stores. The T2 culture at one time, celebrated their teams and company heritage.

Cons

Upper management is unprofessional, misguided and hostile. Structure of management changes all of the time. There are no merit raises or development incentives. The focus on sales metrics overshadow the appreciation of the customer, product and team. Product is consistently late to arrive.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your teams. There are multiple reasons that there is such high turnover within the company. Professionalism, respect and kindness would be valuable skills for management to acquire.

T2 Tea2017-04-05

"Shady place to work and quite strange.."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at T2 Tea part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great tasty tea, colorful packaging and discounts on tea being an employee.

Cons

It is almost impossible to go up the ranks here. You work harder than your title pay. Key holders and assistant mangers often will be hired from outside of the company. You will be offered a higher position one day and then lied to you were not promoted the next. Managers will be verbally abusive to their employees. Sadly, manipulative and overall the company is very strange.. Scheduling is often not done in advance. Hours fluctuate from thirty to ten without warning. Poor upper and lower management overall. Outlandish goals set daily for retail staff and managers. I found myself often placing sensitive information back in safe hiding from customers eyes, the manager left out on the counter. I also was not impressed when the regional store manger's care for employees.

Advice to Management

Please see your staff as people, and please stop promising or offering things to employees ... when you mean otherwise in seriousness. Retrain your managers, upper branches and HR on common kindness and respect 101.

T2 Tea2017-02-14

"Nowhere"

I have been working at T2 Tea

Pros

Free tea Good coworkers Generous discount Flexible hours

Cons

Drama, drama, drama. People get so catty over freakin' tea You go nowhere here and it takes forever to get a raise Entitled customers, because T2 enables them to act like that Favoritism in management

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites

T2 Tea2016-04-28