TRO Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Easton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Easton, MA

I have been working at TRO (Less than a year)

Pros

Great firm culture that values people. I feel lucky to be part of this firm.

Cons

Not enough people know about TRO. More work to do to gain exposure.

2. "Architectural Designer"

I have been working at TRO full-time

Pros

There are some terrific people that work at TRO. Its easy to make friends and get along with coworkers. Management and the CEO is very approachable. Its also a fairly stress-free environment (comparative to past firms I have worked in)

Cons

Some of the design aspects are lacking from an architecture stand point. Engineering and systems are a stronger part of TRO than the design features.

3. "Good Firm"

I have been working at TRO full-time

Pros

Good firm to work for employee friendly

Cons

no sense of direction from leadership

4. "Best AEI Firm to Work For!!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at TRO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Collaborative Work Environment
    -Wonderful Training Opportunities
    -Solid Understanding of Work Life Balance
    -IPD trailblazer

Cons

If you're looking for a big corporate company with lots of competition between employees, this isn't the right firm for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the collaborative workforce & process improvement changes on the up!

5. "A Great Culture Fit"

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at TRO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a real sense that you are part of something greater when working here. I feel that everything I do matters and is appreciated.

Cons

I really wouldn't say there are downsides to working here unless you want to work at a larger company with more office locations.

Advice to Management

I would say please keep the ship steering in the direction it is steering because I like it and look forward to coming to work every day.

TRO Response

Aug 7, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

We are so glad to hear that you are happy at TRO JB. You couldn't be more right when you say what you do matters. Our employees are amazing!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience... More

6. "A wonderful firm to work for"

I have been working at TRO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for TRO JB since 2011 and have loved my experience here. This firm is truly a place where you can build your career into what you want it to be and will be encouraged and supported in doing so. The people here value each other and you can feel that from the top, down.

People that are passionate about what they do and that care about one another. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Great work-life balance. Excellent benefits. Fun social events and opportunities to connect with others.

Cons

Communication across project teams and throughout the firm has been lacking in the past but the addition of monthly staff meetings, regular project pin-up presentations and a commitment to LEAN initiatives like daily team stand-up meetings have been a tremendous improvement over the last year or so.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to value your employees. Trust that we can handle transparency. There's a great momentum right now!

TRO Response

Aug 7, 2015 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for the great input!

We are committed to creating and maintaining a comfortable and collaborative office environment so I'm happy to see that you have noticed an improvement in... More

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at TRO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In all honesty this is the best job I've ever had. Great people. Great environment. Excellent benefits. Culture strongly supports and encourages the desire to learn and develop your career. Work/Life balance is highly respected here. Upper Management truly views people as people and does the best they can for them. You can't say that about just any employer.

Cons

The company has been recovering from a merge about 7 years ago that wasn't a great match. It did some damage to culture and left employees without a clear understanding of who we are and what the vision was for the future. It's taken some time and there is still a lot of work to do but things are looking up. You can feel the progress being made as the company re-defines who we are.

Advice to Management

Continue to value and invest in your people. Continue what you're doing in taking strides to define who you are today, post-merge, post-fallout -- it is more important to your employees than you might realize. Share more information. Specialization in Healthcare is great, but don't let the other work get too far away from you.

8. "Good people and good atmosphere"

I worked at TRO full-time

Pros

A great group of talented people.

Cons

Management could be more forward looking. Architectural industry is unstable.

Advice to Management

Have a vision for the future.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

competent staff.
    career advencement opportunities.
    great place to work.
    good pay, good benefits.
    compensation for over time with comp time.

Cons

merger between tro and jung brannen was more like an aquisition than a merger, with the departing of most of the jung brannen senior managment.

Advice to Management

keep investing in your people. keep promoting your people before hiring from outside. give employee a clearer view for the company forecast.

10. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - HVAC Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - HVAC Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

Good people and interesting work. Fair compensation and great relationships between most people in the office. There is a reasonably laid-back culture.

Cons

Small desk space and zero personal privacy. There's a slightly cliquey office environment, but where isn't that true? Somewhat restricted upward movement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Do more to support training and learning opportunities. Have a more structured program for employee advancement. Further encourage office morale and