TRU Simulation + Training Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 65 reviews

2.6
TRU Simulation + Training CEO Gunnar Kleveland
Gunnar Kleveland
Pros
  • "You will learn a lot quickly out of necessity and will be thrown into projects where you have a good degree of responsibility(in 6 reviews)

• "Working on flight simulators is very interesting work(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The disconnect between upper management and everyone else was pretty significant however and there is a lot of room for improvement(in 6 reviews)

• "This company has a high turnover(in 5 reviews)

1. "Cool Company working with Flight Simulation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutz, FL

I have been working at TRU Simulation + Training full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, open door policy to upper management and flexible hours.

Cons

Parking but they are working at a solution

TRU Simulation + Training2019-09-13
  2. "Growing aviation company in an up and coming part of Tampa area"

I have been working at TRU Simulation + Training full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent teammates Vocal about innovation and engagement Opportunities to travel around the world

Cons

Understaffing in engineering Some employees with bad attitude Some projects require multi-week trips overseas if you don’t like that sort of thing

Advice to Management

Improve communication and staffing

TRU Simulation + Training2019-09-09
  3. "Room for Growth"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TRU Simulation + Training full-time

Pros

Unique team; positive work environment.

Cons

Management; no commission for sales team

TRU Simulation + Training2019-08-10

"This company is bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Lutz, FL

Pros

Do you like low pay? How about frequent sexual harassment? Weird verbal altercations and yelling back and fourth across an open office floor plan? Boy do I have the place for you...

Cons

Long hours, low pay, poor management, awful culture, constant turnover... avoid this place like the plague!

Advice to Management

Straighten up and get real... the Florida location is a joke in terms of talented workers and strong engagement.

TRU Simulation + Training2019-08-30

"Too much work for too little pay"

I have been working at TRU Simulation + Training

Pros

Nice, new building to work in.

Cons

You work many 10 plus hour days. They do not offer overtime. This company has a high turnover.

TRU Simulation + Training2019-04-30

"Good Company, Fair Benefits, but has some Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TRU Simulation + Training full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, mostly pleasant management, cool product, you'll learn a wide variety of skills because simulators need many varying components. The new CEO is an improvement. Benefits are sufficient. Pay is median for the area. Half-day Fridays are a nice perk, as is the Holiday shutdown. Sky's the limit on learning new stuff, as Tru is packed with many talented and wise people in the engineering and... simulation fields. Can't emphasize enough the quality of people I worked with. Also, never felt overloaded. Of course, there are crunch times, but largely a predictable 40-45 hour week. Can't say the same for those involved in hardware-software integration.

Cons

Start with 12 days vacation, stuck with that for 5 years until you get 15. Absolutely would not budge. Kind of disappointing, as travel is my #1 favorite thing to do, though you get plenty of "personal days" that can be used for here-and-there errands, sickness, and emergencies. Another small gripe: it's kinda out there (Lutz, FL). Either you live close in the exurban nowhere or you perform a reverse commute... from the city. Traffic is easygoing either way.

Advice to Management

More realistic deadlines for software folks, PLEASE!

TRU Simulation + Training2019-03-14
  7. "Post Employment review"

I worked at TRU Simulation + Training full-time for more than a year

Pros

Prompt Responsive HR department. Good team environment.

Cons

A lot of uncontrollable outside influence.

Advice to Management

Compensate appropriately.

TRU Simulation + Training2018-12-31

"Good people, poor company."

Former Employee - Simulator Technician in Altus, OK

I worked at TRU Simulation + Training full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Most of the people were great! Everyone knew their job and tried to help others.

Cons

Human resource sucked at handling harassment issues, the company didn't know any of us personally. Very unorganized company, didn't want to know how to improve anything.

Advice to Management

If management reads this, you need to respect your people better. Then they will respect you. Stop treating people like a number!

TRU Simulation + Training2018-12-28

"Great place to work, constant leadership changes with a lack of understanding at the top"

Current Employee - Engineer in Goose Creek, SC

I have been working at TRU Simulation + Training full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great fellow employees, truly kind and helpful. Interesting work. Some travel (but not too much). Good technology challenges. Good pay, reasonable benefits.

Cons

3rd TRU CEO in 5 years -- you would think the guy at the top (TXT CEO) would see that something more fundamental was wrong. Work comes and goes in cycles but this current down cycle is as bad as it has ever been and I have been there a long time with no breaks in service. It is all about cost. When the TXT CEO figures that out he will either fix it or exit the business...either one works for me

Advice to Management

Figure out what the root causes of our losses are.... by the way I will give you a hint its cost.

TRU Simulation + Training2018-12-09

"Don't Waste Your Time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goose Creek, SC

I have been working at TRU Simulation + Training full-time

Pros

Employees in peer group are genuinely nice to work with.

Cons

This company is rapidly losing business, resulting in extensive termination of employees, including those with long-term employment. Everyone feels like their job can be the next to go. Very risky to accept a position with this company.

TRU Simulation + Training2018-12-07