Telesystem Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - NOC Supervisor in Northwood, OH
    Former Employee - NOC Supervisor in Northwood, OH

I worked at Telesystem full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, leadership, and developement.

Cons

Difficulty in alignment between business units

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northwood, OH

I have been working at Telesystem full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked for Telesystem for more than 15 years, great benefits, great pay and the management focuses on a culture of accountability.

Cons

Telesystem is growing and now is a nationwide provider and has had a few bumps getting to this point but since has adjusted and has a clear focus on the future.

3. "One of the best companies you can work for."

I have been working at Telesystem full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is fantastic, and the people who work here are all very friendly. I am so pleased, and also proud to work for a company like Telesystem.

Cons

There are honestly no cons in my opinion.

4. "Excellent place to grow alongside a company poised for the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northwood, OH

I have been working at Telesystem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone here truly puts in over 100% effort every day they come to work and they care about each other and the Company. There's an opportunity and an expectation that you will speak up and give your opinion. A lot of other places don't let you have that straight line of communication to the Executives but here its truly an open door policy. With the growth that's been going on, theres a lot of opportunities to learn and grow with the Company.

Cons

Nothing really - you just have to be willing to be agile.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path - keep investing in your technology and your people.

5. "Hard working family"

I have been working at Telesystem full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are two main reasons I love working at Telesystem. 1) The employees are like family. While everyone is busy, we still know how to have fun in the process. The collaboration is awesome, and if there's ever an issues, it's all hands on deck everyone has each others back. 2) The company genuinely cares about its customers. There is a large emphasis on customer service, and every person is a part of that advocacy. Through network expansions and acquisitions, the company is growing nationally and I'm really looking forward to the next couple years.

Cons

In over 5 years, I haven't found a bad side of working here.

6. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Telesystem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture of accountability and customer focus. Most of the employees that work at Telesystem have been there for 10+ years.

Cons

None that I can think of.

7. "Business Representative"

Former Employee - Bus
    Former Employee - Bus

I worked at Telesystem full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits fun environment to work in.

Cons

no real cons that I can mention.

8. "A lot of career potential - if you're part of the boys club"

I worked at Telesystem full-time

Pros

Exciting field of technology, customer interaction and "little guy" marketing in a big world against giant competitors. This company could be huge if the senior management would let it. Decent benefits (7/10).

Cons

Far too much tenured, entitled behavior. Promotions not based on your actual skills or talents. Far too much a "boys club". If you want to advance here, be prepared to be pious to senior management. Taking or feigning interest in whatever sporting event happened recently is helpful, too, as management principles are based on sports analogies - think Biff and the big game. Hiring practices are abysmal. Job descriptions contain almost no information on what you'll be doing and full of propaganda, rah-rah, who-we-are cheerleading. Toxic environment listening to all of the politics *all the time*. Sales people are stuck in a rut. "Great company - they'll never pay you."

Advice to Management

Get past the popularity contests. Quit nickel-and-diming the place. Look at other industry job descriptions, and advertise meaningful job descriptions instead of propaganda. If you want geeks, think about what a geek is looking for, not an English major. Quit working everyone to death and then wonder why morale is low.
    Quit asking about morale. If you (the boss) ask how things are, people are going to tell you what they think you want to hear. Face that fact and another way. Get over the sports analogies. Kill the political commentary. We're trying to get some work done here. Find a way to either *strongly encourage* sales people to get out of their rut or remove/replace them.

Telesystem Response

Apr 5, 2017

We appreciate the feedback that you have provided. At Telesystem, we strive to create an open door environment to allow such feedback to be given at any time. In the event that this does not occur... More

"Family feel, but with growing pains."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at Telesystem full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you've got the people skills and find the opportunity to get the face time with management, you can really go far with that company. A lot of the people really care about what they do, and want to make it a great place to work. The majority of the upper management were people who really made me feel like part of a family. In ten years, I felt challenged, but not overburdened. There were times that I was stuck in positions where it seemed like I was underutilized, but not for more than a year or two until I could move into something much better.

Cons

If you're stuck working nights/weekends/grunt work, or you're more technically oriented than a social butterfly you'll find yourself stuck in the same place for years on end. There is an unfortunate myopia to their hiring and compensation practices though, which leads them to miss out on good candidates, and an inability to keep talent when faced with the challenge of paying them what the market can offer. In numerous conversations with directors, vice presidents and the president himself, I often heard the same argument that they couldn't afford to pay more than what was the going rate for the Toledo area, but in the same breath they would claim they needed to attract the best and brightest from around the world.

Sadly, as intelligent as John Martin is, and as good as he is at digesting the market and culture of the businesses around Telesystem, I feel like he'd be a much more valuable player in a position where he wasn't making snap decisions about the future that the products and lines of business that company will take. There have been too many meetings where the majority of attendees sit silently because they don't want to be snapped at by him, or say the wrong thing just to quickly be told they're wrong because John had another line of converastion all ready to get into.

Advice to Management

I truly hope management can stop promoting the almost-competent from within. Maybe with their recent acquisitions it will spread things out enough that the organization will be able to grow, and it will force the management structure to grow up a bit with it..

10. "Good company for somone looking to stay in the same salary range, great job security and very low stress."

Current Employee - Voice Engineer in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Voice Engineer in Toledo, OH

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, jobs are outlined well, tasks are outlined well and you have plenty of time and space to accomplish your work. Very "family" feel to the majority of co-workers.

Cons

Nearly impossible to move up if you're not one of the "original" employees - cliquish and not enough focus on getting things right. Accountability is non existent for major outages during the day and during times when there should be no network changes being made. This makes for a bit of a contentious workplace between departments.

Advice to Management

Push to improve on a monthly basis, the NOC is vastly underutilized as well as unable to make mistakes transparent and accounted for.

Telesystem Response

Aug 31, 2018 – Graphic Designer

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback.