TerpSys Reviews

Updated Feb 16, 2018

3.3
TerpSys President & CEO      Ed Woods (no image)
Ed Woods
Pros
Cons
  • "Inter-office politics more closely resemble high school cliques than a professional organization(in 6 reviews)

• "All hands staff meetings weren't my favorite(in 6 reviews)

1. "Work and they will treat you very well"

5.0

I have been working at TerpSys full-time

Pros

Great culture and benefits, remote work available

Cons

Small firm with a limite number of projects

"Mixed Revew"

2.0
    Former Employee - Network Administrator

I worked at TerpSys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities for growth and diverse companies.

Cons

Bizarre requirement to have employees participate in team-building activities on their own time. CEO was not as loyal to employees as he could have been.

3. "Great company with opportunities for advancement within"

Former Employee - Computer Analyst in Rockville, MD

I worked at TerpSys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great CEO and Board, and co-workers. Excellent benefits. Lots of opportunities to learn and advance based on merit.

Cons

Certain limitations of govt contracts.

"Stable, flexible, good family-oriented place to work"

I worked at TerpSys full-time

Pros

Very reasonable hours Management is easy to talk to Proactive community charitable engagement Good compensation Good remote/in-person work balance

Cons

Mentorship in certain areas is lacking or disorganized Some unchanging work frustrations lead to employee disengagement Lots of specific rules that don't provide value

"Application Support Associate"

I worked at TerpSys full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working with the team. Enjoyed teleworking and RDOs

Cons

All hands staff meetings weren't my favorite

"Micro Manage employees"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at TerpSys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers were nice. Good location.

Cons

Low pay. Micro-manage employees. No cubicles sat in a long table co-wrokers sat next to you or across from you.

"Look somewhere else"

1.0

I worked at TerpSys for more than 10 years

Pros

Free shirts? If you no longer want to do your job, instead of getting fired, you'll get promoted.

Cons

Overpromise, under deliver...to the employees. Can't deny it. There are other IT from to work for. If to need experience or a decent check, try terpsis. If you want a career or a future in the field, go somewhere else. Read other reviews and see how many talk about advancement.

Continue reading

"Delight, Challenge, and Serve"

Former Employee - Service Desk Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at TerpSys full-time

Pros

The TerpSys mission is to Delight Our Customers, Challenge Ourselves, and Serve Our Community. While I was there, I had the opportunity to participate in several Outward Bound Professional Leadership programs, take technical and leadership trainings, participate in many community service events, and support the important mission of many of our customers. Many staff members were very committed to the mission of the company. It was not a place for everyone as there was an expectation to constantly improve yourself through trainings and certifications. At the height of the company's size, there were staff members who were fresh out of college and staff members who had been in their careers for 30+ years. I read about one former employee's claiming to be fired for being gay. As a former employee of TerpSys, who was opening gay, I found this accusation to be absurd. To give my background, I worked under the leadership of the CEO from July 1998 when we were a division of another company until January 2015 when I left due to contract changes. There was never an issue with my being gay for the entirety of my career with TerpSys. In 2002, my then boyfriend (now husband) joined the company. In 2011, the CEO celebrated our wedding (as he did with all weddings and other significant life events) at the monthly staff meeting following our wedding. My husband is still currently employed with TerpSys. I served on the management team for a couple of stints and throughout the years there were gay and lesbian managers on the management team. Our teammates and managers were always very open and accepting. I NEVER felt any kind of discrimination from any of our coworkers or managers throughout our employment (nor did my husband).

Cons

Due to the current size, there are limited growth opportunities and benefits available compared to years past. When I was there, it was not uncommon for gossip to run rampant on the major contracts.

9. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at TerpSys

Pros

Certificate's paid for if passed on first 2 attempts, company culture, great people!

Cons

Not very great pay :-/

10. "Loved it"

Former Employee - Computer Analyst

I worked at TerpSys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved working at TerpSys. The CEO, the corporate culture, the co-workers were all great.

Cons

There was some clique's that were very prevalent.

Found 62 reviews