The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2020

2.6
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) President & CEO Brett Beveridge (no image)
Brett Beveridge
Pros
  • "Great company to work for if you love doing sales(in 9 reviews)

• "Decent pay, good hours, paid vacation(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons besides if u get a bad market manager who pressures a lot(in 13 reviews)

• "I started when Troc was first put in Walmart(in 10 reviews)

1. "Great overall experience!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Pre-Employment Onboarding Partner in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in the People Attraction team was an amazing experience. Not only the team, but the whole company has an amazing vibe. Randy Brandon is very involved and leads the department naturally.

Cons

No cons at all.

March 31, 2020Director of People Attraction

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at T-ROC. We really do appreciate your feedback.

2. "Decent job"

4.0
    Current Employee - Salesperson

I have been working at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job that can be rewarding for those good at sales due to commission structure

Cons

Work at walmart, hours aren't the best, low base pay.

3. "it sucks"

Current Employee - Senior Wireless Specialist

I have been working at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

phone discount and commission pay

Cons

hours, management sucks, constant restructure. They've lost their values since i started here

4. "Potential lawsuits"

Current Employee - WIRELESS SALES EXPERT in Cornelia, GA

Pros

Entrepreneur mindset allowed. Pay = Effort.

Cons

Management is not qualified for their job, in terms of written and/or verbal skills. SOLELY based on how many phones you sell.

July 21, 2020Talent Acquisition Supervisor

Thank you for taking the time to share your expereince and providing us with your feedback. We value your review and will address the issues with the appropriate department. We look forward to having more opportunities to show you TROC's commitment.

5. "Not all Bad, but needs Huge Improvement"

Current Employee - Mobile Market Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some opportunities for advancement (I was promoted to this position.) Some flexibility as far as schedule goes. We usually don't have to be physically present in stores on weekends and can set our schedules within certain parameters. Regional leadership does not micromanage (depending who your management is and your area's situation).

Cons

As Market Managers, we are basically District Sales Managers who are responsible for directly managing 20-25 entry level sales associates across about 10 different Walmart locations in an assigned area. We are responsible for the sales, operations, and scheduling/attendance of our associates across those locations. Even though we travel to visit multiple stores a day, 5 days a week on average, we are always subject to constant phone calls and messages 7 days a week. There is no true "cut the cord" time or personal time to be had beyond after business hours (Usually 10am-9pm). Even when we take "PTO" there are many times where we still get bombarded by calls and have to solve issues that arise. Regional management is relatively understanding, but there is no Sick Pay or Administrative Days that we can use to help us cope with the load we are given at times. Also, we do not receive any raises whatsoever. No yearly reviews -- nothing at all. The bonus structure admittedly has improved in some ways, but does not reward Operations and punishes those who don't meet certain sales requirements, even those affected by circumstances out of thier control. As a third part company working within Walmart locations, it can be very difficult to manage the relationship and communication between our company and theirs. Miscommunication and disagreements, even disagreements against actual known Walmart policies can be hard to work through if store management at a location is set in their ways. It can be difficult at times to be able to get Walmart management to take the necessary steps to improve processes, give our associates access to inventory, submit tickets to fix equipment, quickly put in orders for critical inventory, etc, etc... The disconnect in values and policies from Walmart corporate to their actual store locations is surprising at times. I have seem some positive changes in my 2+ years with this relatively young company. Though I am encouraged by some of the changes, some decisions (or blatant lack thereof) make me a bit hesitant to have confidence in the vision and direction that T-ROC is headed in. I will continue to hope for the best because there are a lot of good people who work here and I am thankful that T-ROC gave me this opportunity.

July 23, 2020Talent Acquisition Supervisor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We value your review and will address the issues with the appropriate department. We look forward to having more opportunities to show you TROC's commitment.

6. "Avoid at all Costs."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director

Pros

They are expanding left and right

Cons

Very disorganized, little follow up or support. Most field teams are working barely 30 hours a week and give everything lip service. Turnover at the lower level is abysmal - impossible to keep up with. Leadership plays favorites and the two guys in charge of the Wal Mart account are both equally not qualified for the breadth of their authority.

July 21, 2020Talent Acquisition Supervisor

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are always looking to improve and take feedback from our employees seriously. We hope to work with you in the future.

7. "Good and bad"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) full-time

Pros

Salary and benefits are reasonable

Cons

An unorganized company that takes on new projects with no planning or direction, very high turn over

June 16, 2020Talent Acquisition Supervisor

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with TROC. We strive to become a better organization everyday and our committed to our employees. We look forward to having more opportunities to show you TROC's commitment.

8. "Great Job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Decatur, AL

I worked at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fair pay with decent commission

Cons

Can be very micro managed

May 19, 2020Talent Acquisition Supervisor

Thank you for taking the time to post about TROC. We appreciate your valued feedback. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

9. "Lots of leadway"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales

Pros

Hours, schedules, travel optional ,

Cons

Bad Management, Under paid, Cut off time

June 11, 2020Talent Acquisition Supervisor

We truly appreciate your feedback. We take these comments seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We will address the areas that require improvements.

10. "Company is good for beginners in the sales industry"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Specialist in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Flexible schedule, no drug test, great management

Cons

Being inside of Walmart all of the time

June 5, 2020Talent Acquisition Supervisor

Thank you for taking the time to post for T-ROC. We appreciate your valued feedback and look forward to making T-ROC better for all our employees.

Found 260 reviews