KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.7
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) President and CEO Brett Beveridge
Brett Beveridge

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Pay was good.. Plus all the uncapped commission you could get based on job performance.(in 55 reviews)
  • "Great people, my coworkers, my store mgr and District mgr are awesome.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Uncapped commission(in 23 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 14 reviews)
  • "TROC is an entrepreneurial company focused on creating a great culture for its employees and outstanding products for our customers.(in 12 reviews)
Cons
  • "Walmart is god awful its the worst aspect of the job from lousy staffing to poor management(in 37 reviews)
  • "No training.. Just thrown on the sales floor(in 22 reviews)
  • "Managers have no clue what it going on or how to make things happen that people can understand.(in 17 reviews)
  • "5. Upper management encourages the abuse(in 13 reviews)
  • "There is no work life balance as they don't care if you have to drive hours after you get off.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

My thoughts after almost 4 years with the company

Apr 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

After three years at TROC, I have a different perspective on what it’s like working here than I did when I first started out. At first, all I noticed was my paycheck and how much fun the work was. But now I see all the little things that make it a truly wonderful company to work for. Things like: - how much management cares about getting employee feedback and using that to improve operations - the endless opportunities for growth (and not just vertically, but horizontally as well) - the consistency and regularity with which employee reviews are conducted - how easy it is to work with everyone else and the spirit of collaboration that permeates all levels - how well the company handled the COVID pandemic

Cons

I also have a different perspective on the downsides to working here. Mostly, how I’ve realized that most of the things I would have seen as cons when I first started, I now see as issues that can be solved almost entirely through work ethic and attitude. It’s amazing just how many problems disappear when you work harder and have a better attitude at work.

2 people found this review helpful

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

Thank you so much for your great 5-star review! We are glad you are loving it here!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

great exp

May 31, 2022 - Phone Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

make alot of money working

Cons

at least 1 phone sale a day

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

Thank you so much for the 5 Star feedback!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

They Only Cared About The Bottom Line When I Was There

Jun 11, 2022 - Wireless Sales Consultant in Boaz, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The insurance was ok, if you did single coverage. The vacation pay and sick pay was nice to have. I liked the people I worked with at TROC. But I LOVED the people I worked with in

Cons

Part of the time I worked worked there, the commission schedule was good. But they kept changing the commission schedule to make it harder for the employees to get commission. The company was just trying to find ways to keep more money in their pocket.

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

Thank you for leaving a review and letting us know how your experience was.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

good company but lets be real..

Apr 15, 2022 - Senior Wireless Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

gain the ability to network and be a part of a team. learn about the latest technology. commission is great source.

Cons

Walmart contract is faulty and needs to be revised ...t-roc doesn't know how to time manage or trust their employees...clocking in shouldn't require a sequence of apps and devices. if you don't trust your employees get rid of them consistent lack of common sense amongst management and polices..instead of having to take a picture and clock in on a app use the store phone to do the exact task the app was built for.. the management requires too much time in group chat than selling phones and accessories. the inventory is never consistent nor do you have the opportunity to make better commission because not all accessories are available. focus is on sales not the customer. carrier phones are held at a priority and commission is bias..forced to work up to commission base pay only.

1 person found this review helpful

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

We appreciate you taking the time to write a very detailed review of your 4 years with T-ROC.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

NOT SO BAD

Jun 14, 2022 - Retail Brand Ambassador in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

During covid lockdown when many of our retail partners were closing, TROC tried really hard to keep getting new short term projects/contracts so we would have hours. Tho' it usually didn't match pre-covid work hours it was appreciated.

Cons

Not so bad. Tho' we kept losing accounts and getting fewer available hours over time.

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

Thank you for letting us know where we can improve.

6. 2.0

Turn around...

Jun 24, 2022 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy job. PTO. No supervision all the time.

Cons

Poor pay. Awful benefits. Lack on communication. Horrible commission. Back stabbing. No work / life balance.

7. 1.0

Job is terrible

Jun 17, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

None at all place is a joke

Cons

Worked for Troc for 3+ years terrible place to work for. All the higher up want you to sell a phone a day but you can’t make people buy phones. The commission structure is a joke 1-15 phone 5 dollars a box and the rest is 10 dollars a box acc are .50 per unit prepaid is only a dollar which is a joke 😂worse company to work for and to top it off they love to not PAY PPL OR CUT HRS And change schedule like it’s nothing it’s sad

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

Thank you for letting us know. Your feedback allows us to improve.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Dying Company

May 12, 2022 - Market Lead in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- some of the managers are okay - Employee will have each others backs

Cons

-dying company slowly losing more and more locations each year -I seriously wouldn't recommend this for anyone

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

We appreciate the time you took to leave a detailed and honest review on where we can do better of our long standing employees. Your feedback is very beneficial in helping us improve. If you have not yet checked out our job site please do, we would love to see you grow with in T-ROC after years of dedication.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Valuable lessons taught and learned

Jun 10, 2022 - District Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team atmosphere and fun job

Cons

State of change quite often

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

Thank you for letting us know, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Job

May 3, 2022 - Wireless Sales Representative in Lumberton, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of pros. It is a very easy job. All you really do is walk up to customers of Walmart and offer them a phone on a payment plan. Some days if you're feeling lazy you really don't even have to do that because a lot of the time they come right up to you and you can get a lot of sales that way. If you get tired of being in electronics for too long you can just simply walk around the store, which worked out for me because I love walking. They even encourage you to do walk around sometimes. If you are an extrovert then this is definitely the job for you, and even if you are an introvert like me it's honestly a lot easier and less intimidating than it seems. Your manager is barely there when you are working so you can do whatever you want basically.

Cons

It is really difficult for people to keep this job, and that's not because they fire people because in my experience they rarely do but because people quit a lot I'm not sure why honestly. A lot of stores require you to work with other wireless companies and those people are basically your rivals because you both are trying to steal Walmart customers that walk up to look at phones because you both get commission from them. But like I said earlier it is less intimidating than it seems because a lot of the time you can befriend them and it won't be bad at all. If you take the job too seriously it can get stressful only because management is going to require you to constantly stay in this group chat and if you're not making enough sales they almost seem to threaten you with your job. At the time this was my first full time job and I had just gotten my first apartment and bills so every time my manager would text me and basically jump down my throat for not making sales for the day I would get super anxious because I didn't want to get fired. They also require you to work every weekend.

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a very detailed 5 Star Review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 619 Reviews

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Reviews FAQs

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 635 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC). This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

67% of The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) to be culture, coworkers, career development and the cons to be work life balance, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC)? Share Your Experiences

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) logo

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Careers

Cover image for The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC)

We help companies maximize their sales The Revenue Optimization Companies is a premier sales performance agency, maximizing sales for...More

• Leadership
  • Our Culture
  • Careers

Company Updates

128 days ago

Careers
Do you enjoy being a technology expert and educating others? Join us in driving sales and brand awareness for some of the most exciting brands as a T-ROC Brand Ambassador. Come be part of a premier sales agency that represents the hottest brands and the most innovative technologies on the planet!
Shared image - Working at The Revenue Optimization Companies
Working at The Revenue Optimization Companies
jobs.trocglobal.com

151 days ago

Careers
Our Wireless Specialist understands that it is possible to build trusting customer service relationships while maintaining sales goals. Being comfortable with approaching customers to promote a sale is what our Wireless Specialists are all about. At T-ROC, reliability and care are essential in ensuring inventory is managed, procedures are being followed and work shifts are being covered. If you take pride in being a technology geek and aspire to educate others about technology, then T-ROC is the place for you to jump-start your career!
Shared image - Search our Job Opportunities at The Revenue Optimization Companies
Search our Job Opportunities at The Revenue Optimization Companies
jobs.trocglobal.com

The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) Photos

+ Add Photo
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) photo of: T-ROCers in Action with Mark Galluccio - Vice President of Sales Enablement and Kathleen Broka - Director of People Success (Top middle)
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) photo of: #TROCOfficial - New Certified Wireless Specialist
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) photo of: T-ROCers in Action!
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) photo of: T-ROCers in Action!
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) photo of: Meeting of the Minds
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) photo of: Welcome to the #TROCNation New Hires
The Revenue Optimization Companies (T-ROC) photo of: Epson Employee with a Veteran Customer. Thank you for serving and for everything you've done for our country.